Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#76 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 6:50 PM
While I do agree that VR would make a great addition to the storytelling aspect of the game, or just simply having fun controling your sim in first person (similar how you could in TS2 for PS2) I don't see the gameplay benefit of it. Building would be really hard with it and controling your sims in VR surrounding would just be plain idiotic.

Theoretically it could only serve like a minor feature, example would be the first person camera in RCT3. Nobody needed it, but it made the game a tad bit more fun.

Practically, I don't really see the sims player need for it, unless you are one of those Sims 4 youtubers. I bet EA would make even greater money on the 'Sims5VR'. If they tried, they could even add VR to TS4. Not really a hard task to do unless you are incompetent as EA...
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 2:52 AM
I'd like to see an option to go into a MMO world and where sims did stuff real time whether you were online or not. Could be fun playing VR POV from a sim too.
Take the best of the previous sims games. Sims 3 is good, but so laggy and slow compared to Sims 4 which is showing no sign of dying yet from my CC hoarding.
There needs to be vehicles, skateboards etc.
Also need laundry's, garages and crime.
Stop pussy footing around with alcohol and just add it, most of us are adults, there could easily be blocking for kids playing.
And hell how about faster pack releases, I've been away 3 years from the game and can't believe there is no future pack, seasons, supernatural and they are just releasing pets but missing horses, sheep, guinea pigs, goldfish etc.
Theorist
#78 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 3:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Halstrom
And hell how about faster pack releases, I've been away 3 years from the game and can't believe there is no future pack, seasons, supernatural and they are just releasing pets but missing horses, sheep, guinea pigs, goldfish etc.

EVERYTHING in this game looks like it came from the future, though, a terrible future where people don't understand fashion or colours. A terrifying gaudy dystopia.

Vampires are probably all they're going to do for supernatural this time around.

We CAN'T have horses in TS4 because of the tiny, closed worlds. Goldfish are already in the game. We're never going to have farm animals, and guinea pigs, well... you saw what happened with Stardew Valley. No one is going to risk guinea pigs for a white yet!

Not that I am justifying any of this of course. Every single one of these arguments is as bullshit as the ones they come up with themselves but it's the sad reality of this iteration of the franchise.
Alchemist
#79 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SasukeSama
Plus on to the topic of TS5 I really do hope they aren't planning anything like that yet without first finishing whatever they got going on with TS4 and also fixing all the possible bugs and problems players are experiencing in-game currently via the base game and it's DLC.

I would say good luck with that.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#80 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 2:02 AM
Holy shit, I didn't even realize that this thread was resurrected
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
We know that the devs would probably like to do better, but they can't because they're not getting the resources to do it..

I agree. Honestly, most of my anger about the quality of TS4 isn't towards the devs but their superiors at EA. Even though they're not completely innocent and have made some poor choices that have contributed to the mess, the devs actually do care about the franchise, and I know that many of the game's problems were likely out of their hands and wouldn't have happened if the executives at EA didn't force them to rework the entire game engine under short notice and finish in time for the initial set release date. I feel sorry for them in many respects, to be honest. I just hope that this entry in the series has been a learning curve for them so that they can make the next game (assuming that it is happening, which I'm almost certain that it is) stronger.

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Page 4 of 4