Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
The only tool I know of for this is TSRW. It lets you open a package, shows the clothing on a full figure model, and lets you pick the other parts of the outfit. It even lets you preview the fat/fit/thin morphs. It can be a bit buggy but works most of the time.

Awesome, thanks! I also found this full tutorial that suggested doing a screen shot of the uup map to match up your textures. I'llgive that a try too.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 3:45 AM
I did this tutorial and, though my mesh came out a bit funky*, and I totally ruined the textures (I forgot what went where, and it was just a mess), I really did learn a lot from it, and am ready to tackle it again! (After a snack break.)
*I was merging two tops together and there's just an itty bitty break in between them, not a HUGE thing, but its noticeable and needs fixing.

Thanks so much, Cmar, your tutorials have really been helping me get a handhold on meshing! :D
Test Subject
#78 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 3:32 AM
Ok so maybe I picked the most difficult project to start with... I'm determined to make a loincloth for my island sims. It actually looks pretty good in milkshape. But the loincloth itself is only one layer of vertices, and I'm concerned about it not having faces on the sides between the clothing mesh and the nude mesh. Is this going to be a problem?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#79 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 11:24 AM
Do you mean faces for the inside surface of the mesh? To do that you'd select the mesh (or just the part that needs an inside surface), duplicate it (Edit/Duplicate), scale the duplicate a tiny bit smaller, reverse the faces (Face/Reverse Vertex Order), and align the normals (Vertex/Align Normals).

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#80 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 2:36 PM Last edited by tldrake : 19th Apr 2014 at 2:52 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Do you mean faces for the inside surface of the mesh? To do that you'd select the mesh (or just the part that needs an inside surface), duplicate it (Edit/Duplicate), scale the duplicate a tiny bit smaller, reverse the faces (Face/Reverse Vertex Order), and align the normals (Vertex/Align Normals).

Will this be a third mesh for export? Sorry I'm so needy.. This is what I have thus far
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#81 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 7:10 PM
Once it looks right you can regroup it with the rest of the loincloth. (Groups tab - select both and click Regroup.)

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#82 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 7:06 PM
Ok. Stuck again. Going step by step, I've managed to get to the point that I have what I THINK is something I can work with, and maybe fix. When I look at my meshes, the base mesh is WONDERFUL. But the fat, thin, and fit morphs do not work. The nude portion of the mesh moves like it's supposed to, but the loincloth itself stays the same size. I've even used the Frankenmesh part of the mesh toolkit to re-draw the morphed meshes using the combined base mesh from step 4 of the tutorial. When I do that, even the nude portion doesn't work and I get all kinds of weird pointy-ness in the morphed meshes. I'm afraid that I'm going to have to manually modify the morphed simgeom files that are ALMOST right, then try to reverse-engineer the BGEOs somehow. Getting frustrated, because I feel like I'm SO close, but missing something somewhere... I've opened the combined base from step 4 in Milkshape, and checked bone assignments, which all seem to be correct. Because this is a fairly small outfit, I've even tried using the morphs from the nude package, and gotten similar results. Just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.. Help?
Test Subject
#83 Old 28th May 2014 at 9:32 AM
Okay, I'm confused... I've been able to do this work for a while, your program having made it infinitely more easy for me, but I cannot for the life of me get the item I am working on now to actually work.
All I'm trying to do is make a pair of pants for one of my guys. Low boxers, under even lower skinnies.
My LOD1 mesh worked out just fine, but no matter what I've done so far, my LOD2 keeps coming back saying there are No Vertex IDs.
Initially it was for Base Mesh 0 and it would say it immediately as I tried to merge everything, now it's saying it for Base Mesh 1.
The first time around, I read farther and saw something about snapped vertexes, I went back since I snapped together a couple on one of the meshes. That was when the Base Mesh 0 went away and the Base Mesh 1 started in.
I did not snap together any other vertexes so I don't know what it is about the other two meshes it doesn't like.
Any help would be appreciated, certainly if it's something I'm just blindly missing...
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#84 Old 29th May 2014 at 7:56 AM
Snapping vertices is okay, welding them is a no-no.

Did you renumber the meshes in Milkshape or change the group comments? Could you upload the meshes you're having problems with?

Test Subject
#85 Old 30th May 2014 at 2:16 AM
Alright, as I said, I'm probably messing something up or missing something simple, but this'll be the LOD1 and LOD2 for the project
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Low Skinnies.rar (185.0 KB, 22 downloads) - View custom content
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#86 Old 31st May 2014 at 9:21 PM
Sorry to take so long. The LOD2 boxers mesh has no vertex ID numbers, which are needed for this method to work correctly. If they're EA boxers, at some point you must have lost the ID numbering. I guess you could try modifying that mesh again. Your other option is to use the Toolkit Automorph feature which was added after I did this tutorial. First number your combined mesh using Toolkit GEOM tools / [Re]Number Meshes tab, then create the morphs using Auto tools for GEOM / Auto-create Morph Mesh with either the EA LOD2 boxers or nude mesh with its morph meshes or BGEOs as reference.

Test Subject
#87 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 3:48 AM
Awesome, thank you. To be honest, I'm not surprised I managed to lose the ID numbering... Thanks again!
Field Researcher
#88 Old 22nd Oct 2016 at 9:08 PM
I don't mean to bump this topic but I'm having a problem with this tutorial, Whenever I import a mesh, there happens to be a thick cloud of vertices surrounding the mesh, and it is very hard to see the mesh that i need to edit, What should I do?

Edit: New info, i also get an error message saying "Unable to locate bone file
Default skeleton used."
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#89 Old 23rd Oct 2016 at 12:25 PM
You mean like the blue lines? Yeah the error is pretty common and the bones being all exploded-looking is common. Just go to your joints tab in Milkshape and tick 'hide bones'. (Or joints).

"If you get a message saying "Unable to locate bone file Default Skeleton used", just click “Okay” and it will proceed as normal. Once the mesh is loaded, go the groups tab and rename the mesh to "group_base" - if you have multiple groups, make sure to "regroup" into one group and renaming it "group_base" before exporting - Cmar's toolkit doesn't like more than one group."

Source from here: https://serenity-fall.dreamwidth.org/1366.html
(It's a TS2 tutorial but this is also a way to change the bones settings ^-^
Test Subject
#90 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 1:37 PM
*cackles manically* Oh, I'm about to Frankenmesh about seven things. This pleases me greatly.

"He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and can see the turn of the universe... and... he's wonderful."
Test Subject
#91 Old 12th Feb 2023 at 3:05 PM
There is no longer any way of creating BGEO files with MTK. That option is simply gone.

So how can we create BGEOs some other way? I've searched for info on this. seems to be total silence. Am I missing something basic?
Forum Resident
#92 Old 17th Feb 2023 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AddieP
There is no longer any way of creating BGEO files with MTK. That option is simply gone.

So how can we create BGEOs some other way? I've searched for info on this. seems to be total silence. Am I missing something basic?

As far as I know, both MTK and Morph Maker will generate BGEO's.
Test Subject
#93 Old 1st Mar 2023 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
As far as I know, both MTK and Morph Maker will generate BGEO's.

Yes they do - I realize now. I'm just an idiot.
Forum Resident
#94 Old 1st Mar 2023 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AddieP
Yes they do - I realize now. I'm just an idiot.

Welcome to the face slap club!!! I've been a member since 2015 or so!!!
Page 4 of 4