Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 9:26 AM
Default I am making a vending machine, please help
I am making a vending machine the when the coke can appears it only has one option, clean up although the object of the can has drink and clean up? please help, also some of the textures don't line up!!! please help

Come have a look at my downloads HERE for Sims 4 downloads.

Feel free to visit my website to check out my list of creations, to get in touch (for a request), or to donate. HERE

(Or here for sims 2 or here for sims 3 downloads.)
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#2 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 9:35 AM
Which object did you clone as a base for this?

For the texture line-up problem, you'll either have to edit the uv-map or the texture. I can't say anything more specific about that without seeing the object, though.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 9:39 AM
i used the magic crystal thing, i am going to ask permission before uploading tho don't worry. Do you want me to give you the object?

Feel free to visit my website to check out my list of creations, to get in touch (for a request), or to donate. HERE

Part-time Hermit
#4 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 9:42 AM
Which magic chrystal thing? I think it would be adviceable to ask permission to clone it now rather than later, if it's a custom item you cloned. Most creators don't like others cloning their objects.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 9:43 AM
it was in a tutorial to clone, so I thought it would be ok, I have the author written so I will try and contact them now,

Retired Duck
retired moderator
#6 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 12:40 PM
In lieu of any better ideas from someone who has actually tried to make food appear in game, I'll submit an idea. You may need to run some functions in the food item before it is considered "edible". Looking at the muffin-generating code in the toy oven, my guess would be that you need to use "run tree by name" on one of the "CT - Set State..." functions, but it may actually be a lot more complicated than that...
Scholar
#7 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 8:04 PM
what magic crystal thing i havn't seen that in the game?
Test Subject
#8 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 11:09 PM
The Oberkron Crystal in Carrigon's tutorial I think is what they are referring to.
Scholar
#9 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 11:11 PM
where is it
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 5:17 AM Last edited by ugly.breath : 11th Jan 2006 at 5:23 AM. Reason: extra info
It's a custom object that you have to downlaod

AND:
Quote: Originally posted by sims_guy
The Oberkron Crystal in Carrigon's tutorial I think is what they are referring to.

Yes this is the one I was reffering to :D

Thanks I didnt know its full name!

Can soeone tell me how I am meant to make the object drinkable, I used a summon code thing (using the GUID) and shouldn't that make a replica of the object with all it's functions, or for some reason is it considered empty, should I try make duplicate??? please help!

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 5:26 AM
does anyone know who made Oberkron crystal and how do I contact him/her (i got into some trouble when I assumed that Carrigon was a guy)

Retired Duck
retired moderator
#12 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 5:27 AM
If the object is appearing, then you are summoning the object with all its functions. The problem is that the guardian on the pie menu function you want is failing for some reason. My guess was that you needed to run one of the functions in the object by name to make it appear "ready to eat/full/cooked/something else" for the sim. *points to reply #6*
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#13 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 5:31 AM
You mean Oberkorn's "Fire Krystals"? They're made by, oddly enough, Oberkorn... http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=39620
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 5:34 AM
so would I have to edit the coke can or the vending mahcine?

Retired Duck
retired moderator
#15 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 5:36 AM
Either, are you making a custom drink can or just summoning an existing in game object?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 5:38 AM
well im using a coke can made by dream4sims that is meant to replace the juice. or is that only a ep object i dont know, hang on I could use the option in the pie menu as eat (but lable it drink) and use the drinkign annimation couldn't I? that may work better

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 6:01 AM
if i get the coke to work could somebody else fit the texture to the object becasue I AM HOPELESS at this, last time i did it the picture ended up in the corner and not where it was meant to be. any takers for texturing my object (i can supply the texture of the coke machine,) thanks in advance

Luke - ugly.breath

Retired Duck
retired moderator
#18 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 6:56 AM
If you're using an object that overrides an in game object, it's probably best not to edit it's pie menus - you'll probably end up making it not work as a normal object any more. You'd have to make it a seperate object.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 7:05 AM
i cloned it and made it stand alone tho, will that fix the problem??

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 9:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simpe
[prim 0x002A] Create New Object Instance (of GUID 0xD39D1BF1, place in My hand, Create object normally, fail if tile is non-empty: False, pass Temp 0 to main: False, moving in a new Sim: False, copying design mode materials from object in Temp 5: False)

If thats the bhv settings would the summoned object keeps its settings because it isnt for some reason??!?!?!!!!

Retired Duck
retired moderator
#21 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 3:13 PM
The object you're summoning is keeping its settings, it's just that it's in the wrong state. When you create new object instance, it's created in its initial state. In the case of food items, this state is unprepared and consequently, inedible. Unfortunately, food is one of the hardest items to summon successfully.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 9:34 PM
darn, now id probably need to talk to carrigon as she has done this sorta stuff before.

The Quiet One
retired moderator
#23 Old 17th Jan 2006 at 11:34 PM
Carrigon has her own section here: http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/

DDO
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 1:13 AM
wow your a life saver, i have been trying to contact carrigon for ages but didnt know where. THANKS SO MUCH!!!! your the best

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 11:21 AM
o grr carrigon has said she doesnt help people with moddign anymore. Now i need help from sum1 else, any suggestions?

Page 1 of 2