Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#326 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 7:11 PM
Seeing as my computer has died a death (i'm using my dads spare which can't run the sims), I won't be making any new charas for a while. I could bring back Azuma as ships counselor and make her a stronger character. As for the ship, I'm not that fussed but I'm more familiar personally with the intrepid as I've seen more of voyager than the most recent star trek movies. This means that I could probably picture the layout better but on the other hand, the mission may call for something a little bigger and fancier. As I said before, makes no odds to me
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#327 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 10:17 PM
I personally like the idea of bringing back Azuma Mikeyo :-)

So if I take the senior science officer position with Lt.jg Tahlandi Rann and Mikeyo takes the counselor position up with Azuma. It seems you'll be left with the senior medical officer position Moorespino. I hope you don't mind too terrible. ;-)
Lab Assistant
#328 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 10:49 PM
Nope, don't mind at all.

Okay so that is taken care of, now we need a ship. Do we all agree on keeping the Maverick name or do we change that? And I'm all for exploration of the Gamma Quadrant as our main mission, but a Galaxy-class might be a bit large and Intrepid a bit small. Any other suggestions?

It might look I'm doing nothing, but at the molecular level I'm really quite busy.
~Anonymous
Top Secret Researcher
#329 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 10:53 PM
The name Maverick is fine with me. I'm not really an expert on starship designs but star trek wiki can help us there:
http://www.memory-alpha.org/en/wiki...tarship_classes
Or this little site:
http://www.st-intelligence.com/ship.../dom/st_dom.php

The galaxy class has 42 decks and a crew of 1014
The sovereign class has 29 decks and a crew of 855
The intrepid class has 15 decks and a crew of 270

I'd say we pick the sovereign it's smaller than the galaxy class but bigger than the Intrepid class. It's technology is akin to the Intrepid class which we know and love from voyager but on a larger scale. Here is a link with some information (sorry if I go information happy)
http://www.memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Sovereign_class

As for the mission taking place in the Gamma Quadrant I say yea :-)

(a side note the sovereign as the intrepid class don't use the navigation position anymore they fussed navigation and helm into conn and have operations instead, I'll be more than willing to change sh'Raazh position to operations)
Test Subject
#330 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 11:29 PM
Looks like Miss Azuma was quite popular . I'd be all for an exploration of the gamma quadrant as to me it seems rather interesting prospect. As for the ship, I vote for sovereign. When you put it that way moorespino, it seems like the most logical choice. The names still cool with me anyway!

Edit: My charas will be the following

Senior Officers
Executive Officer: Cmdr. Melena (Orion/Human)
Chief of Security: Lt.Cmdr. Hal (Bajoran)
Ship's Counselor: Lt.JG. Azuma (Andorian/Human)

Other
Security Officer: Ensign Zan (Trill)

I might even promote Azuma and Zan but we'll see.
Top Secret Researcher
#331 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 11:45 PM
I heart psychologist even clinical ones:jig:. Kidding aside I think the exploration of the gamma quadrant has indeed some interesting prospects almost nothing is known about it. Only that a large part of the Gamma Quadrant is controlled by the Dominion and they prevented exploration and even started a war over it. The war between the Dominion and the Federation and its allies ended in 2375. If we set the events after Nemesis (2379) we would be around 2380. So me thinks the Federation is ready to do what it does best: "to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before."
Lab Assistant
#332 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 3:09 AM
And to honor our fallen leader, we have to explore the Vorta's origins. They were spiderviveka's most favorite aliens....

So a Soverign-class, named Maverick, and all senior positions are taken. Goodie, now all that's left is to set up a new thread. I have other RL obligations this weekend (sorry, guys) but it'll be up at the latest by Tuesday.

Until then, feel free to check out the new link in my signature. Great new Sims/comic book site.

It might look I'm doing nothing, but at the molecular level I'm really quite busy.
~Anonymous
Top Secret Researcher
#333 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 4:55 PM
I like that exploring the Vorta's origin.

A question do we ignore what happened here and completely start over or do we acknowledge it (or maybe parts of it)?

Also don't we need to close this thread before we can start a new one.

No biggie moorespino RL always comes first.

edit my characters will be as following:

senior positions:
Lt.cmdr. Tara sh'Raazh (Andorian): operations
Lt. Joshua Woods (Human): Engineering
Lt.jg. Tahlandi Rann (Cardassian): science

others:
Lt. Khalid Dammou (human): Security and field nurse/medic
Lt.jg. Korvin Caeli (Bolian): Strategic operations
ensign Mirok Elias (Cardassian/Bajoran hybrid): conn
ensign Sorjei Thelin (Aenar/Andorian hybrid): sensor analyst/astrometics
crewman Imaru Hrisvalar (Andorian): linguist (should switch her to blue instead of gold)
Test Subject
#334 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 11:34 AM
Just whenver you're ready moorespino! As motom said, rl always comes first! Anyway, I think we could keep some of what happened as what the characters did on their last assignment, but thats up to you as I assume that this will be the Maverik's maiden voyage.
#335 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 9:47 AM
Default Hello trekkies
Just woundering weather this game is still going.
Just I like what i see and I have a crewman of my own.
Here he is--->NextPost

Page 14 of 14