Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 5:44 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How do I change my sim's last name?
I'm planning to make a roommates household. But I don't know how to make sims with different last names in CAS. Is there a mod that lets me do this? Thanks! :P
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 6:20 AM
With the Last Name Copier: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=289073

Alternatively, you can create the roommates as separate families and add them one by one to the household.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 6:59 AM
Plenty of in-game mods allow you to do this, the Simblender and Sim manipulator and probably the inseminator.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#4 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 1:46 PM
@redandvidya: Game guide:Changing names at sims.wikia.com .
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 7:02 PM
Whenever you need to change a sim's last name, I recommend using the Sim Manipulator as it's the easiest method (I've tried the Blender as well, but it's clunky and annoying).

But since you're just making CAS roommates, do as TychoH suggests and just make each one individually then add them all to the same house.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 7:06 PM
I use the insiminator. The social adjustor. It's very fast.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Alchemist
#7 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 7:41 PM Last edited by mdsb759 : 17th Oct 2018 at 7:52 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
I use the insiminator. The social adjustor. It's very fast.
that is just first name.

to original poster:: Sim Manipulator can directly change last name.
edit: SimPE can also change names.
a certain wedding arch lets us decide last name; not sure object's name or where I downloaded it.
shipped version ways: character becoming married/joined is only way; last name of both characters is the one of the character that proposes.