Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#76 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 3:23 AM
Uhh...WOW?
Okay, I wasn't planning on posting for the remainder of tonight, but, I repeat...WOW?
How does one draw like that?

I'd be able to get, like, a ten-thousandth of that finished before my head exploded from frustration. How long did that take?

*Faints*
Advertisement
#77 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 3:26 AM
It took, ah... five hours. ^^

Took me an hour and a half to get the lineart right. Drew and redrew the eyes about 20 times because they wouldn't get in the right shape, and once they did, they were too far up on his head. The original image looks so much better, but the quality is still better than if I'd have had to take a picture of it. I love my new scanner.

Pardon me while I have a strange interlude.
#78 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 3:33 AM
Just five hours? Really?

You, my friend, have talent. *Bows*
Forum Resident
#79 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 11:00 AM
I'm making this for a sci-fi roleplaying game I've designed (you -may- recognise a few characters...) :

Female Xyliriaxon sketch

Male Geek sketch

Geek hitwoman

Xk'krylg'hnreblvian fashion designer (eep!)

Xk'krylg'hnreblvian scientist (hehehe)

(Human?) Doctor

Xyliriaxon ethnologist

Xyliriaxon pilot (heh, showoffs...)

Futuristic gangster (yet still with the 50's attitude :p)
#80 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 11:05 AM
Quote:
Whats surrealist? Its freaking me out! Why do they do it!

Dude. That is not a cool thing to say. Surrealism is a type of artwork, just like realism.
Forum Resident
#81 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 11:10 AM
Surrealist is a bit like, say, Salvador Dali's art. Expect it to be weird

"An art movement of the 1920s that began in France. The artistic goals of the movement were to tap the subconscious as a source of creativity. The artists used juxtaposition of unexpected objects or themes, odd and vacillating view points, and distorted figures and objects to convey an atmosphere of fantasy or a dreamlike quality. During World War II, many of the movement's primary artists left France and came to New York City."
#82 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 4:21 PM
Thanks Derange, for sharing the Red Baron, very nicely executed.

I've always associate the Red Baron/Flying Ace with Snoopy hahaha, didn't know it was a real historical person.
Original Poster
#83 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 4:38 PM
I LOVE Weird Art!!!!!!!!!

Saddestsim-Those look awesome!

Derange-Looks great!

Frenchie-Those look great!!
#84 Old 7th Jan 2007 at 1:53 AM
Thank you and you're welcome, nixie. I just bought an autobiography on the Red Baron and I'm looking forward to reading it. :D

Thank you, too, Charmy!

I'm working on General Eisenhower right now. Right eye/cheek is done but still being tweaked. I'll post it here when it's finished.

Original Poster
#85 Old 7th Jan 2007 at 2:15 AM
You are quite welcome! I can't wait to see!! :D
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 7th Jan 2007 at 3:49 AM
WOW! we have some amazing artists here! Well here's
something i did in art lol. im not a great artist but still here it goes.

I love Jude Law
#87 Old 7th Jan 2007 at 3:21 PM
here are some of my drawings of my favourite wrestlers/actor and drawings from my clothes label CherryDiamond.

This is my favourite wrestler Batista

This is a drawing of John Cena

My favourite actor Hugh Jackmann

some scribbles (they're not that good since I made them while math lesson)

and this is a drawing I made after reading a friends story about a woman called ONYX:
#88 Old 7th Jan 2007 at 5:27 PM
Bravo!
Wow Daves_Cherry, I'm sure your clothes line will sell fast! Even if you chose to be an artist (hinthint) you would be great!
Original Poster
#89 Old 7th Jan 2007 at 6:04 PM
WOW paola_105 and Daves_Cherry those are AWESOME!!!!!!
#90 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 2:19 AM
*gasp* Everyone is so talented!! Aww, I feel inferior *sniffles* My art is always out of proportion and never very detailed because I'm too impatient xD
#91 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 3:30 AM
All my art is on my dA page moriko00.deviantart.com
I'm not proud of a lot of stuff on there, but there are a few ones I really like. Especially Hatsuharu 'White version' and my Gackt picture.
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 3:53 AM
I love everyone's art, and I'll admit I'm pretty jealous...heres a few drawings I did.
This is my dog:

And this is Courage from Courage the Cowardly Dog:

To clear things up, I draw more than just dogs!

"I don't even know a Curtis!!"
#93 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 7:14 AM
Hmmm... Maybe I'll add some of mine here, I just have to go onto photobucket to get the IMG codes >___< Oh, the effort!! *faints*
Give me a couple of seconds while I go find some of my pictures x]

*about 2 minutes later*
This one was drawn on paper originally, but I scanned it in and made it purple x]

This... well, this is an apple.

And this is a mandarin *nods knowingly*

And this... this is me O.o I kinda cheated though, I traced a photograph on Photoshop xD I like the effect though, hehe.

ANYWAY, I'll stop now. Teehee.
...*dances while sitting in computer chair for no sanely obvious reason*
Argh! Oh no, they're huge!! Sorry!! >___<

~ I guess that I'm sort of not really that visually imaginative, if that makes sense. I'm better at drawing still life than I am at drawing something from scratch. Like, I cannot draw abstract, just doesn't happen. Lol. Anyway, I guess I'd better stop ranting too O.o
#94 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 7:23 AM

Art making is, thankfully, one of the talents I do posess.
#95 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 2:17 PM
thx for ur support guys! I'm attending an art school and all I hear there is "oh u should try this again" or "nice, but this part over there doesn't fit" and stuff. I showed the artworks I posted to my teachers and they were liking it but at school we draw things like rubbers, dried (hmm actually they're rotten) sunflowers and stuff. When I have to draw stuff I don't like for 5 hours and longer u can really see there's no passion in them. As soon as I finished the new spring&summer collection I'll post it! TXH again :dance:
Test Subject
#96 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 4:29 PM
I just drop in just to show you my litlle site
www.andymy.lydo.org

there you'll see only draws made by pencil... they are fashion draws...but you'll se some extra draws in a section

*Edit: please comment on my draws..tell me were I have mistakes
#97 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 2:16 AM
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/46269374/

Eisenhower got finished. Yay!

#98 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 9:46 PM
I love this one:

The camera kinda lighted it to much, so it looks kinda crappy:
#99 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 8:54 PM
http://pics.livejournal.com/drderange/pic/00020a2e

Line art for my next drawing, which should keep me occupied through exams. At least, I hope.

(it's Daniel Craig for those people who don't recognize him)

Field Researcher
#100 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 9:14 PM
Sketch of Bailey I did a couple o' nights ago:

My scanner is on the fritz, so the quality equals suck.

An X-Mas gift to my best friend:

-Holy Hell!-
The cement is just - it's there for the weight dear!

Nice 'n' easy does it everytime...
Locked thread
Page 4 of 19