Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 12:33 PM
Default Trouble with Custom Roads
Hi everyone!

I'm fairly new to CAW (been playing with it for a month or so) and have already got loads of help from lurking here; huge thank you to everyone for the wonderful info you post!

I'm having a bit of trouble with the textures on my roads not showing up properly. As you can see from the screenshot, they're all weird and stretched.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening and how I might be able to fix it? They look the same in-game.

Screenshots
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 12:02 AM
Can you show the roads interface where it shows the textures you're using? Looks like you have an incorrect normal or something.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 5:54 PM
Sure; here you go...
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 9:01 PM
Yes, you have used the same textures for the normal maps. Instead, you need to choose the desired normal map for your road from the source textures folder. The normal maps usually have an _n in their name, for example 'sidewalkTile_concrete_basic_n.tga'.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 9:23 PM
Ah, I see!

Thank you so much for the help, I really appreciate it
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 9:32 PM
No problem, I hope you get it working!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 2:23 PM