Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 2:05 AM
Default Accessory bleed through
I really want to stop having this problem with every accessory mesh I make. I made an accessory mesh. It displays fine in bodyshop. Then i enabled the alpha 'cause I need just one minor part to be able to be edited out. And I get parts bleeding through other parts. (The newer parts bleed through the older parts if that helps anyone at all) It's not the NumSkinWts field in the comment in Milkshape b/c I've gotten myself in the habit of changing that from 1 to 3 automatically and I definitely recall doing so on this one. I tried clearing my cache files, as that usually fixes my display issues in bodyshop, but that didn't help. Attached is a pic of what I'm making. It's a Mickey/Minnie mouse head. You're looking at the back of the head, so the nose should not be visible at all right now, the bottoms of the circles used for the ears should be hidden in the head, and the edges of the bow should be hidden by the ears. Any and all help will be appreciated.
Screenshots

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 6:43 PM
If it looked fine before you enabled the alpha, then I would suspect that's where the problem is (even though this looks more like a NumSknWgts problem... but you said you fixed that already).

How many parts in this mesh? Just one? If so, is there any way you can separate the part that needs to be alpha so that you don't have to have the whole thing alpha enabled? If it already has more than one part, how many have the alpha enabled?
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 5:59 AM
It's just one part. And only the bow really needs to be alpha enabled. It's just that every time I create a mesh using more than one piece then group them together, I get this issue. I wanted to make it so any recolorists could choose whether they wanted the recolor to use the bow or not, but since it wants the be a pain in the butt, I'll just not have alpha ability for this mesh and take the bow off the male version of the mesh. Thanks for trying to help fakepeeps. ~VP

Sockpuppet
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 9:56 AM
You best add a new meshgroup for the alphaeditible bow:
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,51352.0.html

i dont know if there are already more meshgroups but you best duplicate one without alphatestenabled/alphablend or change those settings later.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 7:00 PM
Good advice from BloomsBase. If only one part needs to be alpha enabled, then it's probably best to separate it. Then it won't mess up the transparency of the rest of the mesh.

If that tutorial doesn't work for you, there are also instructions on adding mesh groups to your recolour package here.
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 2:30 AM
Okay, so i simply reworked the mesh to not need to use the alpha (I deleted the bow off the male part so technically males and females use a different mesh even if they're in one file, but they have to do that anyway to be positioned right). And it looks absolutely perfect in Bodyshop, and CAS, but it's having the same bleed through issues as described above. I tried to change the TXMT from "StandardMaterial" to "SimStandardMaterial" as described in the fix for pets accessories. Generally this seems to fix things, but doesn't seem to work on this mesh. Does anyone know if deleting the cache files affects badly displaying stuff in game? I know it will fix issues in bodyshop. That's the only thing I can think of at this point, unless someone else can offer any suggestions. (And for the record, alpha blending is currently set to off for the frame group, which is the group I'm using for the head. The lens group I didn't touch aside to replace it with a small polygon in the center of the sim's head)

Instructor
#7 Old 29th Aug 2012 at 12:48 PM
I wonder if you have found a solution? I am having very similar issues with my accessories: strange bleed-through with multiple mesh parts even though alpha blending is not even enabled. I wonder if opacity settings are somehow to blame?
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Aug 2012 at 2:09 PM
Nope, it's still not working. And honestly I put this on the back burner for the past few weeks. But it seems like every time I create an accessory it does this. I know I've made working accessories, and that nothing about my game or SimPE has changed since making them so I don't know what the issue is. ~VP

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 29th Aug 2012 at 10:26 PM
I had this problem before, and I was told that it's a post Pets issue. Try making a recolor in bodyshop using your textures on this mesh, http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=248386 then link your meshes to it. It fixed my bleed through problem
Inventor
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 1:58 PM
Thanks Cynnix, that did help, though now part of my mesh is missing (the bow)... I suspect I linked to the wrong version of the mesh.

Sockpuppet
#11 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 6:02 PM
upload the file if you can not figure it out

If your using the alphablend settings you need to divide the meshparts and give them the correct opacity value.
If alphatestenabled is on then opacity -1 can be used