Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 1:48 AM
Believe me. ik its hard lol.. Ive been trying to add shoes to bootylicous for months and still havent made any progress so i gave up. Where can i find the ones that Chris converted?
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 8:09 AM
They're on Back Alley Sims
Test Subject
#28 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 1:32 PM
Putting shoes on Bootylicous is easy, after you learn Milkshape.

Instructor
#29 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 5:40 PM
Easy for you lol I find it a nightmare
You and Chris have done wonders with the shape I've created some shoes also

I'm creating a new site for booty I may post a tutorial which will help you princessheard
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 5:56 PM
Lol yea CALEB I agree with Julie. Thanks Julie.. I hope u decide to do the tutorial. Let me know what u decide.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 5:57 PM
Caleb how do you get it to be so easy?
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by princessheard1

Hi "princess"! and everyone else,

I will do your request this weekend, i have been very preoccupied lately and had totally forgot about you .

I didn't realize there where so much demand for a more conventional (maxis standard)geometry line at the ankles to make swapping feet easier.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
• The next two size (B and F) will be revise accordingly to make creators work a bit easier,lol
• the bottom can easily be swap between the five sizes of the BootyLicious v2 aka "Gravity" serie afterward.
PM me on Saturday and i will stop everything i'm doing and get this over with.
~° Cheers! °~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 11:55 PM
bobby sorry if im nerves wrecking, i just love your shape but thanks so much.. Ill pm you on BAS saturday.. Again, thanks.
Test Subject
#34 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 12:06 AM Last edited by Caleb_71 : 31st Aug 2012 at 1:07 AM.

I took the time to learn Milkshape and what it could do. Then I looked at other people's meshes to see how they had done theirs.

The meshing is the easy part, getting it in game and looking right is the hard part, as you also need to be able to manipulate the UV mapping and bone assignments. Then there is SimPE waiting for you to learn how to add the parts that you have created.

Those Bsett heels on Bootylicous took me 10 hours of meshing to get right, how I did them was quite involved and writing a tutorial would take days, that I am not prepared to do. I even went to the trouble of fixing the shoe mesh.

These days I make my own meshes from scratch, whether I release any is another thing.

Building from scratch using cylinders, spheres, flat planes and boxes, you can come up with something like this:

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 1:36 AM
if only i was as good as you. I know how to add shoes to warlokks bodyshapes, those are much easier but its the bootylicious that just dont wanna be my bestfriend. lol.
Test Subject
#36 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 1:48 AM
if only i was as good as you. I know how to add shoes to warlokks bodyshapes, those are much easier but its the bootylicious that just dont wanna be my bestfriend. lol.

Well all it takes is a lot of practice and patience, with a high degree of deleting, to get what you want to achieve.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 3:02 AM
I can imagine. Deleting what?
Test Subject
#38 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 3:20 AM
I can imagine. Deleting what?

To learn Milkshape you have to be prepared to delete the mesh or parts of it, that you have created when it doesn't turn out to be quite what you wanted, or it just looks wrong.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 7:20 PM
oh yea, so you didnt only match up the vertices by selecting them and usimg the EME?
Instructor
#40 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 3:33 PM
Either using vertex data merge or normal data merge
Careful what you're doing using this method - need to keep an eye on what vertexes you're merging

EME's useful to check whether they're the same all the way around
I still say go through some of the tutorials before jumping into large projects.
Page 2 of 2