Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 10:48 PM
Default Custom Nightclubs/Bars - Sims can't enter.
Huwwo!

When the Sims Late Nights was released I had a sudden urge to build my own city. (I wanted a more European inspired city)
After skimming over the forums and reading the tutorials and other threads so far my world is going well except for a minor challenge.

I have used testingcheatsenabled true, bugdebug, and restrictbuildbuyinbuildings false and built a bar/nightclub using one of the metropolitan building shells.

I decided to take my world for a test run, however my sims cannot even enter the building (the same applies for another bar I created without using the shells)

If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated!!
(I would be happy to provide pictures if need be)
Advertisement
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 6:07 AM
Few pictures would help out here

I haven't messed around those building shells much, but I think if you post a pic of the lot out side walls up, walls down, and then floorplans of your bar, someone should find you a solution
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 8:12 PM
Did you draw a wall around the whole of the inside shell, then add a door a few squares in?

Like so:

From what I've experienced so far, that's how you get the door to work. If you just put an open wall (no second door) they glide through the door on the shell.

"Whatcha doin'?"
"Probing your mind."
"Kinda roomy, innit?"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 6:26 AM
Thank you so much for your replies, it's very much appreciated!!

Unfortunately my sims are unable to enter any of my nightclubs regardless if it's in a shell or built on a regular lot.

In the foyer I have a 'public room marker' and I have attempted to CTRL+Shift+Click the door however as of yet all my attempts have been futile. (Is it possible it's a game glitch?)

None the less, I have included some images.

This is the main entrance.

This is the main entrance, foyer walls down.

Club Entrance

Club floor plan.

Thank you once again for your input! x ^_^
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#5 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 7:14 AM
hmm, I don't think you need public room markers at all. just make sure the lot type is a bar/club etc...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 11:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
hmm, I don't think you need public room markers at all. just make sure the lot type is a bar/club etc...

mmm I had a look at the Late Night clubs and they had the markers in the foyers etc.. & the lot is marked as a bar/club

I will have a play, if I figure out what's going on I'll let you all know
(in case anyone stumbles across similar problems)
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#7 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 11:35 AM
I don't know. But the bars i have made, work, and have no markers.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 12:15 PM
Can you use arches instead of a door with the bouncer ropes? I've never tried that.
dodgy builder
#9 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 1:39 PM
If it's a glitch ... have you tried making regular apartments in the shells? How did that go?

Great looking place btw
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 2:38 AM
You may have tried this already but have you tried taking out the rope barrier. I personally haven't messed with those yet. (Still working on my town) I did read in the catalog description that they only allow certain Sims through. Could that be a problem? I might need to test this out myself soon, as there are 9 bars waiting to be built in my town. LOL.

Follow the creation of new worlds, lots and objects at my new blog, UrbanSims!
~Brady
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 12:02 AM
My sims can't even walk into the ground level foyer.. unfortunately they never got as far as the barrier to test the rest of my bar...
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 11:18 AM
Did you try changing the entry as Madam Doofie (she chose the name I would never think of doing something like that!) suggested? It would be worth trying. You have nothing to lose ... If it doesn't work you know that! It would be a shame, it's such a pretty bar!
dodgy builder
#13 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 12:07 PM
I know this is not the news your looking for and you do not want to do it all over again.

I had a problem like that when I built my first apartment in a shell. My sims was standing down by the road complaining about something. I gave up in the end and started all over again, this time I only changed the apartment level. Then it worked fine.

I tried everything I could come up with and got no result. I still haven't seen a solution for that. It must have had something to do with the changes I made to the entrance of the building.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 7:36 PM Last edited by Madam Doofie : 16th Jan 2011 at 7:50 PM. Reason: Realised I actually had something constructive to add.
Quote: Originally posted by simsjeanie
Did you try changing the entry as Madam Doofie (she chose the name I would never think of doing something like that!) suggested?

...huh? -is confused- What do you mean by "(she chose the name I would never think of doing something like that!)"? o.o

ETA: @SpacyCheese This probably isn't it... but, when you added the barrier ropes, you didn't have moveobjects on, did you? I did that and it stopped my sims from entering because the barrier ropes weren't actually associated with the door...

ETA2: Ignore me, I didn't read upwards. I think it's a problem with using an arch rather than a door, though. I'm not sure you CAN use arches for the main entrance...

"Whatcha doin'?"
"Probing your mind."
"Kinda roomy, innit?"
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 9:58 PM
It says in the catalog that doors and arches can be used. With the small ropes, only small doors and arches and only large doors and arches for the larger rope. From a post a few days ago, it seems the problem lies with the building shell as the Sims can't even enter the foyer.

Follow the creation of new worlds, lots and objects at my new blog, UrbanSims!
~Brady
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#16 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 10:28 PM
SpacyCheese, you could always try resetting the shell doors. In live mode shift-click the shell and choose 'Reset all buildable shell doors'. You need testingcheats enabled for that to show up (I also have a debug enabler in my game, so I'm not sure if it's a debug option).
Test Subject
#17 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 10:26 PM
check the lot type make sure it is a commercial lot and in the drop down menu choose visitors allowed.
Scholar
#18 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 5:55 AM
Are you sure its the door and not the elevator the Sims are complaining about. I had a glitched elevator in an apt building and my sim didn't even go in the building. She complained from outside.

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Test Subject
#19 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 10:37 AM Last edited by renewed_mind : 28th Jul 2012 at 10:43 AM. Reason: New info
Same Problem
Did anyone ever figure this out... the only way i could even get my sim into the building even after reseting the doors was to cnt shift and teleport him in after i entered the cheat testingcheatsenabled true that was the only way he could get into the place this is stupid i spent so much time modifying this plasma 501 building into a penthouse apartment and now the shell wont let me though UGGGH!!!

Edit 1:
Well i got him in like i said by teleportation then when i wanted him to go out onto the balcony thingy he couldnt get out the doors of it ither... just stands there and screams and yells i have to teleport him outside of the shell to get out on the patio this is really annoying does anyone know why this is doing this?