Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#76 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 8:55 AM
Jon - You can always ask for it to be put on Changes Required by posting in Creator Issues. Uploads are deliberately un-deleteable by the creator because we were having a lot of issues with people uploading something, having it put on Changes Required, and then just deleting and reuploading as a new thread with none/only some of the changes instead of changing the existing one, which makes it very hard for the upload moderators to keep track of what needed doing/what has already been done on the upload.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
Has a vampire viking fetish
retired moderator
#77 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 2:10 PM
This is incredibly trivial, but can there be a fantasy option in the sims section? For example, instead of Sci-Fi, make it Sci-Fi / Fantasy?

I only ask because I was uploading a goblin the other day and had to put her into Other as she didn't really fit anywhere else.
Theorist
#78 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 3:33 AM
Is it possible to have a separate section for injected script mods for the Sims 3? Script mods are different enough from XML Tuning mods, I think.
Forum Resident
#79 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 11:57 PM
I talked to Delphy on CI about it and he already told me that this will be part of the CI revamp), but i post it here too.

"Great base, needs a bit more work" rejections should always contain additional feedback, no exception, to clearly show the thoughts of the moderator why the submission got rejected and thus helping creators instead of just kicking them away and leaving them in the dark, what's wrong with the upload. Imo this should be mandatory in the future.

This way you will also cut the down the number of CI threads, because creators already know what's wrong with their submission.

CFF is a good thing, but the people there are not the ones who are responsible for the uploads and i've seen quite a few praised threads there which got rejected afterwards.

-> My "Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines" Sims: > CLICK <
-> "My Fav music" playlist: >> Listen <<
-> Liquid Drum & Bass at it's best: > Liquicity <
-> Swiss Groove - the world's grooviest webradio! Music which moves your body & soul: > SwissGroove Website <
Banned
#80 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 8:14 AM
Where you click to view all who thanked your upload, it would be better to see them listed in order of post count from highest to lowest, instead of a big hodgepodge of a bunch of names. I know the only reason I like to check that is to see if any "big names" thanked my upload.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#81 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 10:19 AM
joninmobile: Thats unlikely to happen. Mostly becuase it requires additional sorting, which gets taxing on the database.

Slipslop: There's no real need to post that since it's also done.

treeag: Good idea, I'll add it.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
retired moderator
#83 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 10:56 AM
CarlosFilipePedro - We already have forums where you can ask questons about problems with your game, or problems with creation (I'm not sure which your issue is, but in any case, we've got both). People try to help as they can. Sometimes their answers are useful and sometimes they're not - such is the nature of a forum open for posting.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
transmogrified
retired moderator
#85 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 11:15 AM
CFP, that sounds like a navigation issue. To find your own posts (original threads or replies to others' threads), simply go to your user profile and click the link "Find all posts by [username]" or "Find all threads started by [username]."

Beyond that, it pays to familiarize yourself with the various subforums via the site map. Go to the subforums that interest you and look in those specific locations for new posts. The "new posts" link isn't for locating older threads.
Theorist
#88 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 12:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
treeag: Good idea, I'll add it.

Great, thanks *waits patiently*
retired moderator
#89 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 12:32 PM
Carlos, everyone thinks their problem is unique and requires special attention - after years of answering questions, that's become painfully clear. What you're asking for is a whole additional level of system and moderation for someone to go through and approve/delete problems and explain why problems aren't unique, etc., and I just don't see it being that useful for the amount of time/effort/work it'd be (and the people it'd piss off who do think their problems are special and not answered in FAQs or tutorials even when they are). It can be annoying to see the same questions over and over but that's why we encourage people to search and write FAQs that people can be linked to. I don't think your suggestion will be implemented, but thank you.

Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#91 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 4:31 PM
If no-one answers, it's more likely because no-one has any ideas of how to fix it, than because the forum is too full.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Banned
#92 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 2:56 AM Last edited by joninmobile : 1st Feb 2010 at 4:57 AM.
instead of having just all picked uploads be either based on populartiy or moderator picked you could divide them so you know which is which, like you could have something called staff picks, and one called picked uploads (for popularity). I think it would be a little something cool and extra to add to the homepage (recent staff picks). I'm not asking that the picked uploads already there be divided like that if that's too hard, perhaps just every latest picked upload if you choose to implement this. Maybe with a new icon for staff picks like a thumbs up + star, or a crown.
Mad Poster
#93 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 3:36 AM
If this isn't asking too much, could it be possible to have an option to view both games in CFF? I don't like giving advice to only one, and it's annoying going back and forth between forums.
Banned
#94 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 12:01 AM
Also, please, please, please, start a new forum just for sims 3 programs in the sims 3 modding section. I'm having trouble with Stubble STBL editor, but I can't find the thing since search is disabled. It would be very helpful to locate programs up for testing, instead of having to just dig through posts about questions regarding creation, and things like that.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#95 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 7:05 AM
joninmobile: There is already a Sims 3 section for Programs and Utilities.

RiBlan: The main Creator Feedback page as linked from the dropdown shows the last 20 or so threads from both Sims 2 and Sims 3 forums, so you can use this.

Instructor
#96 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 12:07 PM
Default Pay meshes allowed?
Earlier I mentioned there was a bit confusing part about pay meshes used in the upload process. Now I have a pic: http://i47.tinypic.com/2ep7ntv.jpg
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#97 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 2:04 PM
Thanks, Gwenke. It looks like that got missed when we made the transition to no paysite content at all ever in the world nuhuh etc. I'll put it on our to-do list to fix up.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Theorist
#98 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 3:16 AM Last edited by treeag : 27th Feb 2010 at 6:46 AM.
Not trying to sound impatient or anything, but I just want to remind you just in case you'd forgotten about adding a script mod subsection, Delphy.

Some people seem to assume that they're tuning mods and therefore don't need the dll, and I'm tired of answering the same question about missing interactions over and over again. Especially when people get all worked up like this. It annoys me, honestly. Maybe my reply wasn't the nicest either, but seriously.

Actually it seems to me that most people aren't aware of the dll, considering the amount of questions/complaints on object mod/script mod threads (not just mine). I'm not sure why, but I just read the instructions on the wiki and it says:
Quote:
3) a d3dx9_31.dll file specially modified to work with The Sims 3.
This .dll file is only required if you want to use a core mod like Awesomemod, Gabriel mod, etc.
Maybe someone could fix that? Object mods and script mods require that file too. Thanks. Oh and sorry if suggestions for the wiki don't belong here.
Test Subject
#99 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 12:49 PM
Sorry, but maybe I'm in the wrong section. I just want to upload a gaming charakter made by myself for the Sims 3. But I get after several hours, with something PM that it can't be published or something. Can anyone help me? This makes me angry.

VISIT: doasims3.blogspot.com
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#100 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 3:23 PM
treeag, thanksfor the reminder - it did, in fact, slip my mind. I'll try and get to it this weekend

Turkish_Sims2: We have specific guidelines which you must follow. If you got something rejected that soon, my guess is you didn't follow them... But either way, this thread is not the place to say about it - there are procedures to follow as outlined in the PMs.

Page 4 of 5