Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 9:48 AM
Default How to recolor default fish
Hi everybody,

I want to recolor the default fish that appear in pond, it is very kind if someone can tell me the way. :lovestruc
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 12:23 PM
I don't think it's possible to recolor them, but you could try making a default replacement.

You'd need to extract the TXTR and LIFO if there is one (possibly the TXMT too, if you want to change the settings) of the fish texture (You'd need to extract the actual resources, not just the PNG), put it in a new file, and change then replace the texture with your own.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I don't think it's possible to recolor them, but you could try making a default replacement.

You'd need to extract the TXTR and LIFO if there is one (possibly the TXMT too, if you want to change the settings) of the fish texture (You'd need to extract the actual resources, not just the PNG), put it in a new file, and change then replace the texture with your own.

I found the TXMT and LIFO of the fish and successfully recolor them, but it looks quite ugly =''=
I dont know the way to make a replacement, so I did my recolor directly in the file of game >,< I think I will start to learn about the default replacement.

[IMG][/IMG]
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 10:56 PM
I forgot to say, you need to use the DXT3 or DXT5 option (you need the Nvidia DDS plugin for this). The Import or DXT1 options give a worse result. You can make the texture bigger, but make sure you use the same format and in a proper size (64x64/128x128/256x256/512x512/1024x1024, or mixed sizes like 128x256) or the texture won't work.

You should never edit the install files directly. You need to make a new file, or you may screw up your install files.

Extract (right-click the resource, choose "extract", save to a folder you can find)
file --> new
Import the files (right-click the resource, choose "import", find the files you extracted)
Do changes (such as replacing textures)
Do "save as...", and save the file with a new name.