Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2005 at 8:14 PM
"Ghost" Table
Ok well.. I was using " Object Creation Tutorial V2.0 (Wings 3D Edition)" forget by who. Anyway, I followed every step and I think I did something wrong LOL The object is in my game, but I can't see it, but I can buy it and I can't put stuff where I placed it. Here are some images.

I'm not sure if this post is someplace else on this forum, if it is and the problem was successfully fixed, simply give me the url of the forum =) Its probably something so stupidly easy I'm going to laugh then throw the computer out the window!
:elephant:

If you always expected the unexpected wouldn't the unexpected be expected?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 3rd Sep 2005 at 8:42 PM
did you replace the original object mesh in SimPE and didn't rename the NAME of the object? if you rename it the new mesh won't appear.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Sep 2005 at 9:10 PM Last edited by AutumnFantasy : 3rd Sep 2005 at 9:20 PM.
Default lost
Hmmm you lost me :dunce:

I didn't rename the filename if thats what you mean.

The tutorial is by J Wood... I wanted to include an upload but its too big.

If you always expected the unexpected wouldn't the unexpected be expected?
Scholar
#4 Old 4th Sep 2005 at 4:50 PM
when you import the new obj mesh after you click IMPORT and select it on the right side of screen choose replace than below that is a drop down box make sure to eselect the original mesh to replace it.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th Dec 2005 at 9:07 PM
I have the same problem

http://webstersims.no-ip.org
Fluffy
retired moderator
#6 Old 21st Dec 2005 at 8:30 AM
this is a very common mistake
either use the replace function
or copy the names of the original meshes and make sure you name your meshes correctly in the 'groups' tab
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 21st Dec 2005 at 2:07 PM
Thank you! :D