Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 3:04 AM
Default World doesn't save
Can someone help me? I used two methods with trying to edit a premade world and the result is the same. With the world i'm trying to edit everything goes fine with it but when i get to the end and try to save it it saves but the world successfully saved message doesn't pop up and it crashes and what was saved doesn't work. Does anyone know why?

I would post this in the editing a premade world thread but it looks like no one has been active over there for almost a year.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 8:58 AM
Which method, and did you save over the old file or choose file>save as?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 8:33 PM
I used the first and second method that are listed on the thread and I did save as.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 8:49 PM
Did you save or save as in S3PE? Did you rebuild routing data in CAW? Perhaps if you could show us which premade world it is that you're editing, it might give us some clues.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 9:24 PM
I did regular save in S3PE, and I did rebuild the routing data. The world I'm trying to edit is Cabos City.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 2:23 AM
Can you give me a link to that world? (Where you downloaded it from, or if you made it yourself then I need to know if it has sims and how large it is, file-wise and world-wise).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Sep 2016 at 12:24 AM
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 4th Sep 2016 at 9:39 AM
Can't tell the world size from that, or whether the world has sims in it, but it definitely uses CC and store items. Could be that CAW is trying to resolve any missing items when you save and is running out of memory. Are you hoping to use the world with the custom content in it? What sometimes works is to remove any CC you have installed that isn't used in that world (from your Sims 3 DCCache folder), as CAW will read that too. Clearing the DCBackup sometimes works (preserve the Ccmerged file though, and save a backup of this folder). If there are sims in the world, definitely remove them. You'll need to add them back properly later on. Don't forget to clear all game and CAW caches too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Sep 2016 at 8:05 PM
I don't think that worked. I didn't really want to use the world with CC in it, really either way is fine. I don't know if it's something specifically to this world or not. =/