Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 5:35 PM Last edited by LizzySimmer : 5th Sep 2016 at 5:50 PM.
The Strict Orphanage Challenge!
Hi guys! c;
So the other day I played the Orphanage Challenge, but I thought it was kind of boring, so thats why I created my own challenge: The strict orphanage challenge. This challenge is suitable with all expansion packs. If you like, you can do this challenge with and without the careers mod.

Backstory:
20 years before today ~ You were born. You were a quiet and peacefull little baby. But unfortunately your parents didn't think so. They dropped you nearby an orphanage.
15 years before today ~ Life is good as a kid in orphanage. You have friends, you feel safe. You miss your parents a lot, even though you do not know them.
5 years before today ~ You are mad. All of your friends have been adopted, except for you. Nobody seems to like you. You are mad at everything; the world, the orphanage and especially your biological parents.
A few months before today ~ It is time. You become a young-adult. You are finally allowed to move away from the orphanage. You have lots of plans for the rest of your life but they get destroyed by one phone call. You spoke with the government. They didn'=t trust you in this world because you haven't been adopted for almost 20 years. They have one task for you to prove you can live your life like you want it to.
You have to run your old orphanage to succes.

Okay, lets start off with some simple rules.
- No money cheats allowed, only when you are building the orphanage itself.
- No stats cheats allowed.
- Moveobjects on/off is not allowed.
- Just do not cheat trough the entire challenge!!

CAS
- The caretaker: this is your sim. The sim you will be playing with most of the time. This sim is the girl/boy mentioned in the backstory. (S)he has to run the orphanage. Clothes are all up to you (custom content is allowed, you don't have to suffer with the game's terrible fashion sense). The traits are also all up to you, but I would choose things like Neat, Handy, Family-Oriented and that kind of stuff. Name the sim any name you like.
- The children in the orphanage. This is also up to you!! You can create toddlers, kids and teens. Choose any order and gender you like. My family right now consist in 1 toddler, 4 kids and 2 teens. Its all up to you! BUT you have to randomise the traits and names! This makes the challenge a little harder, especially when kids are Evil or Mooch or something like that. The clothes are up to you. If you want to make it real strict, make their everyday wear uniform like.

Creating the Orphanage.
Choose a lot for you orphanage. It can be big, it can be small, its up to you. The building is also up to you, but this has to be included!:
- 2 bathrooms, one for girls and one for boys.
- 3 bedrooms, one for boys, one for girls and one for your caretaker.
- A dining room with a long table and enough chairs.
- A kitchen, with a place for your caretaker to eat.
-A hallway, included with sofa's and chairs, because what if people walk in to adopt someone? ;D
- A fence around the whole lot.
- A trampoline (if you have Seasons) and some balls (like the football and the baseball)
-One small living room with a small tv, 1 couch and a small stereo.
The rest is up to you! Don't make it too fancy, its still just an orphanage!!
OPTIONAL ROOM:
When you use the NRAAS Careers mod, you can enroll at homeschool. If you want to use homeschool, then make a separate room with computers.

The challenge itself.
The caretaker's task is to make sure the orphanage becomes succesfull. If you have cheated some money for the building, make sure you reduce your Simoleons to 500 (or 100 if you like to take risks). The life span should be on normal, but increase the days of Young-Adult an Adult, because the challenge is kind of long ;o Your sim (the caretaker) needs to make sure all the kids follow the rules and the program of the orphanage (program is listed below). Your sim has to raise all the kids that are send to the orphanage. Basically, you have to raise sims from their childhood all the way to young-adult hood. Then they are old enough and are allowed to leave the orphanage. Also, sims can be adopted!! Go to a generator site like this: http://wheeldecide.com/
Scroll down and write all of your sims names. Then click to spin. The wheel decides which sim is adopted! This means that the sim has to leave the Household immediatly. DO THIS EVERY WEDNESDAY MORNING!!
Also, the toddlers, kids and teens are NOT ALLOWED to go into town or interact with other people that are not in the orphanage. If they do, your caretaker has to get mad at them and send them to bed early.

THE SCEDULE
There are 2 types you can choose from.

If you have the NRAAS careers mod, follow this scedule:
7.00 Caretaker gets up and prepares themself for the day up ahead.
8.00 The kids get up, shower and stuff.
8.30 Breakfast.
9.00 Playtime in the garden OR in the small living room thingy.
10.00 Special classes time! This means that the caretaker has to teach things to the teens and kids. Choose any subject/skill/ball.
12.00 Lunch!
12.30 Adoptions (ONLY ON WEDNESDAY!) or preparing time for homeschool.
13.00 Homeschool!!
17.30 Dinner
18.30 Playtime in the garden or in the living roo thingy. This time is the time for the caretaker to clean everything up.
20.00 Prepare for bed!
21.00 Lights out!
22.00 The caretaker goes to bed.

If you DON'T have the nraas careers mod, follow this scedule:
6.00 Caretaker gets up and prepares themself for the day up ahead.
7.00 The kids get up, shower and stuff.
7.30 breakfast.
8.30 school! You can either send them to school yourself or wait for the schoolbus.
~~In the meantime, your caretaker can prepare meals, care for the toddlers and clean the whole place up~~
14.00 for teens and 15.00 for kids: Time to come home! They are not allowed to go into town, if they do, the caretaker has to get mad at them.
15.30 Homework time
17.30 Dinner
18.30 Playtime in the garden or in the living room thingy. This time is the time for the caretaker to clean everything up.
19.30 Adoptions! (ONLY ON WEDNESDAY!)
20.00 Prepare for bed!
21.00 Lights out!

My challenge doesn't have a scoring system, because personally, I don't really like this whole scoring thing.

You win the challenge when:
SHORT: You raised 25 people OR 25 people are adopted.
MIDDLE: You raised 50 people OR 50 people are adopted.
LONG: You raised 100 people OR 100 people are adopted.

So this is it! I hope you enoy! If you play this, don't forget to post soe pictures and keep me up to date!! Enjoy!

UPDATES
29/8/2016 : I realised I forgot to tell you about weekend scedules. Weekend scedules are almost the same as school scedules.

8.00 Caretaker gets up and prepares themself for the day up ahead.
9.00 The kids get up, shower and stuff.
9.30 Breakfast.
10.00 Playtime in the garden OR in the small living room thingy.
11.00 Special classes time! This means that the caretaker has to teach things to the teens and kids. Choose any subject/skill/ball. This can also be the time for the kids to make their homework if they did not finish it on Friday.
12:00 Lunch!
13.00 Time to go somewhere. You can take everyone to a private place, such as a lake or a waterfall. Just take them somewhere where NO people are.
17.00 Heading home
17.30 Dinner
18.30 Playtime in the garden or in the living room thingy. This time is the time for the caretaker to clean everything up.
20.00 Prepare for bed!
21.00 Lights out!

5/9/2016
So guys, this challenge is still a Beta-version. This means it isn't done yet. Please leave suggestions down below.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 6:52 PM
I forgot to mention, when someone gets adopted, the caretaker has to adopt someone herself so that you have an equal amount of kids all the time.
Test Subject
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 1:45 AM
Omg, I have a game like this right now. I started with 7 kids, and you described the lot just like the one I have. I randomized their names and everything too. Weird, huh?
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 2:26 PM
100% gonna try this challenge!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ArtSimCraft
Omg, I have a game like this right now. I started with 7 kids, and you described the lot just like the one I have. I randomized their names and everything too. Weird, huh?

Haha LOL! c;
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sophie_howiex
100% gonna try this challenge!!

Thats awesome! Dont forget to post some pictures ! ;p
Test Subject
#7 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 9:59 PM
I'm definitely trying this! I already started but what would i have them do on weekends?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Andreaa99
I'm definitely trying this! I already started but what would i have them do on weekends?

The same, kind of. Didn't really thought about that haha. For now you can think of something, I will update this challenge ASAP
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 6:53 PM
Updated
Test Subject
#10 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 10:02 PM
Confused
So how do I remove Simoleons? And can I use the move objects cheat, it could just be me but i'm really confused. I haven't gotten that far into simming.But overall i'm going to do this challenge!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Sep 2016 at 1:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lizzie125781
So how do I remove Simoleons? And can I use the move objects cheat, it could just be me but i'm really confused. I haven't gotten that far into simming.But overall i'm going to do this challenge!

Thanks for trying out the challenge! That means a lot to me!
To remove simoleons, the easy way it to use this cheat (you can open the cheat menu with ctrl+shift+c): familyfunds <family/household name> <500>
If this doesn't work, you can simply buy stuff and place them in your Household inventory, so they can't use it. This way you can reduce your simoleons by buying stuff but simply don't use it.
The moveobjects cheat makes you able to move furniture, doors and windows to places they can't actually be moved to when the cheat is off. You can use this cheat, but in the rules I said no, because doors can get stuck, Sims aren't able to get to the furniture and the game can get a major bug/lag. Its up to you if you use it or not, but personally I wouldn't.
Hope I was able to help you (Im not very good at English).
Dont forget to drop some pictures, I'd love to see how you play the challenge! :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Sep 2016 at 5:50 PM
Updated~
Scholar
#13 Old 5th Sep 2016 at 7:24 PM
I'd suggest to rebuild an activity time-table, waking up at 0900? Like everyday is Sunday? You know it's not a torture chamber (isn't?) but as I remember typical mid/highschool dorm's day starts at 7am. Until it's some of agricultural school/orphanage, where you need to remember milking cows. At 4am
In theory even most of the colleges' dorms days' I've heard or visited starts at this time. With emphasising a "theory" word.

And ofc. a PT! There must be a PT!

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Test Subject
#14 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 11:57 PM
I joined this site so I could take part in these challenges. This challenge in particular interested me and I cannot wait to try it out! I am not very game savvy so I may or may not be able to get decent screen shots to upload.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darley1101
I joined this site so I could take part in these challenges. This challenge in particular interested me and I cannot wait to try it out! I am not very game savvy so I may or may not be able to get decent screen shots to upload.

OMG me too you are the bomb
Test Subject
#16 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 9:35 AM
Heyo! I'm kinda late to this challenge, but I have a question.

Can the caretaker get a job like painting?
Test Subject
#17 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 7:23 PM
So when a child is adopted, do we move him/her in with a random household? And if that's the case, would it be okay to use the "Make Friends for Me Cheat" here or do we have to build up the relationship manually first?
Test Subject
#18 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 5:00 AM
I like this, but instead of that schedule, and because cooking takes so long in sims 3, have the caregiver wake up and start cooking breakfast an hour earlier. Also, after 1 sim season, have there be an inspection or something or have the caretaker receive payments of 500 simoleons per toddler, 1000 per child, and 2500 per teen. Throw parties on weekends to get sims interested in adopting the kids. Also, you could use all in ones to speed up the showering and bathroom process. One last thing, have the children and teens make stuff that will earn a profit if sold, meaning no potions, only alchemy table made potions, sculptures, paintings, books from teens, or have a music day where the teens and children play for profit.