Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 8:08 AM Last edited by Thax : 19th Apr 2015 at 4:30 AM. Reason: Shepheards.
Default [Solved] SimPE: Non-existant file paths/26 year old male sent to the funny farm
I'm very nervous to post here and had put it off for 3 days while experimenting on my own, as I've noticed that many of the threads in this sub forum has gotten 0 replies. But seeing as I've been wanting to begin recolouring and generally using SimPE for at least a year and a half now and is still blocked by the same problem, I figured it can't hurt to try and ask for help.

Basically, as seen in the pictures below, SimPE claims that the file path (that it created itself when I installed the program) is incorrect. And no, I did not run to create this thread, after this simple fact.

I was going through a basic recolouring tutorial here on MTS and didn't get far. As the link shows, I'm asked to choose the Locker Room table surface in step 4, but it's nowhere to be found in my SimPE. I noticed that many other surfaces are missing as well, including the Neon Serve counter, also shown in the picture. I have tried searching Google for answers, but to no prevail. If I search "Simpe help", I get 46.000.000 results for "simple help".

I looked around MTS and fell face-first into this thread. I wasn't able to see the fix that the OP linked to as most others, but I did try what Slig explains in the 9th post, and pasted his HTML into notepad and bla bla (as it says in the post). It did change something!.... Unfortunately, not in a good way.

By now, I'm feeling pretty stupid. But I keep on going, so I see Nysha's post on the second page of the thread, giving a step-by-step walkthrough on how to possibly solve this incredibly basic, yet handicapping problem. I didn't get to take a screenshot of how the file table looked when I first began, but I can tell you that the ones that say {University} in my screenshot, said {Mansions} before I went and changed the file path to SP9. This is how it looked afterwards:

As the picture shows, I had set it to "Load for: All", but everytime I clicked OK, it set it to only load for GameVersion=17, which it wasn't set to before I changed the file path. And why is it suddenly University and not M&G?

I re-download and reinstall SimPE and downloaded this fix (Numenor's installer version) as well. It says to delete folders.xreg after installation, but for me, that file didn't appear until after I'd started the program and deleting it after that, made no difference. It still says the file path is incorrect, but there was another change as well. Again, not a good one (I don't think).

Now, everything is greyed out..? I want so desperately to make stuff for Sims 2, as I've made a lot of stuff for IMVU (virtual chat program, for those who don't know), or just something as simple as being able to make my own collection files or.. something (I read somewhere that SimPE can do that). At this point, I'm facedesking myself unconscious and suddenly remember why it's been a year and a half, since I last tried getting SimPE to work. And that was before the Ultimate Collection came along and complicated it further and I had Windows XP instead of Windows 8.1 (which sucks, IMO).

I'm hoping someone will see this and say "Oooh my, but it's oh so very simple, lad! Here's what you do." Or if it's something complicated, I'll do that too, but these things often turn out to be something that's really basic to people who know what they're doing.

Thank you in advance, to those who got through this entire post and somehow managed to keep their braincells from dramatically jumping out of their ears to end their suffering.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 10:00 AM
Hi lad....
I do not have UC..but all I am seeing on here seems to point to Fun with pets, as being THE folder to...pretty much everything.
I see in your first picture, that your installation points to double deluxe...what would happens, if it would point to fun with pets instead?
I am trying here...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 10:05 AM
It gives me the same complaint, that the file path is invalid. The reason I put SP9 as the path on the file table, was that there was a loooong list of seperate paths for the seperate EP's and that one was SP9 (or.. at least it was until I put it to SP9).

Thank you for your reply! Any suggestion, however big or small is very appreciated at this point.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 10:07 AM
I would collapse if I could not create for this game..I so wish you get it all sorted!!!
I am sure, someone else using the UC can make it work for them..there is no way it can't work for you.

Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 7:33 PM
I'd to echo some of the same question here, if anyone can please help us

I have Double Deluxe, and all expansions aside from Pets, and not all of the items are showing up when I load Sim PE.
In addition, can someone please, please, please explain to me how to make sure that the custom content items get loaded too?

I do realize that some creators have guidelines for recoloring their items, but what I want to recolor is purely for my own game.

Something else I'd like to add here too....
While I'm way late to the Sims 2 party, I cannot stress enough how awesome it is that there are still some of you out there that can and will help those of us who are new, and need help. With such an awesome game, I see no reason why the playability only extends until the release of the next revision of the game, and I'm thankful that I'm not the only one who does.

So, huge, HUGE kudos to those that are still helping us newbs out there, and any help I can get setting up my Sim PE properly is greatly appreciated.

GSnap
HELP!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 10:32 PM
First of all. I second that! ^

Second of all, I will re-upload the reference pictures, now that someone else is having the problem as well.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#7 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 11:33 PM
OMG THIS IS SOOO EASY!?!?

Seriously tho.

Exra / Preferences in SimPE System Folders: This is where you will tell SimPE where your game installation is. You will want to choose the folder for each EP and SP. Left click in each line, you will see a button on the right of the path with three little dots, click that. This will open a dialog box where you can browse for the file path of that particular EP/SP.

** C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection is the main folder, each game will be in subfolders of that.

I know that other thread mentioned replacing the expansions.xreg, but that is for linking to the registry. I think what needs to be fixed is the simpe.xreg, which lists the actual game folders that are in the System Folders in Settings in SimPE.

Maybe try pasting the contents of mine instead?

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#8 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 6:30 AM
Of course! Wow..it has been so long since I had to do this...

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 7:32 PM
I know I sound even more like a noob now, but I am adding the paths for the EP's/SP's where you said, HugeLunatic, but uhm... I can't find Celebration Stuff anywhere. Not as a seperate folder like a few of the EP's and not as SP3 anywhere in the compilation folders.

Do everyone go through all this, when having installed SimPE, or am I just one of the unlucky ones?

PS: I haven't gotten to paste the HTML yet. I wanted to make sure the directories were correct as the first thing.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 12:54 AM Last edited by Thax : 7th Jan 2015 at 1:40 AM.
Yes, I just read that in the "SimPE and UC" thread, before checking this thread... ~facegrenade.~ Apologies for forcing an unnescessary eccho.

I did change all the file paths now and I made a txt called simpe, pasted your code into it, changed the file type to xreg, copied the original simpe.xreg and put mine in instead. When I tried to open the Wizards of SimPE, it gave me the following message: "WOS will Shutdown due to an unhandled Exception. Message:There is an invalid sign in the coding. Line 43, position 71."

Edit: Also, the file paths appeared to be correct, as SimPE suddenly load a lot more objects on start-up than it did before, but the system test thing still says that the sim folders aren't pointing to the correct places. I can't imagine any of them being wrong thou-......... I just re-opened SimPE while writing this and all of the paths I had set, are reset back to nothing... Might explain why the file paths aren't right. Maybe this is tied to the other problem I wrote a thread about, not being able to delete CC without it re-appearing, after all.

Edit II: No, I just put all the paths back, they haven't reset again (perhaps it was the switching of the simpe.xreg file that did that) and it still says it's wrong.
Test Subject
#12 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 8:18 PM
Following up...

Okay, after patching and checking Advanced mode, I have a LOT more things showing up in Object Workshop...
However, literally none of my custom content is showing up.

Is there another thread/post that details exactly how the file paths should be set up for those with Double Deluxe as their base game? And can you point me there with a link, pretty pleez?

And/or could anyone help me figure out how to make my SimPE load my custom content in Object Workshop also?

Notes:
I have SimPE, CEP, DDS Utilities.
Double Deluxe is base game.
I have all expansions except for Pets.
I have Mansion & Garden Stuff.
Mini Expansion Packs sections point to...
---Celebration Stuff -- C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Double Deluxe\SP4
---Store Edition -- C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 University Life Collection\EP99
My system test is all green.
I noticed that my System Folders, under Expansion Packs, was blank next to University, so I pointed it to that folder...however....
---When looking at FileTable while in Preferences, under Advanced Settings, it's showing that my University folders are missing, and the 'Include University' is also greyed out in the above Simple Settings. (Is there more to the file path that I need for this?)

And, my base game file\_EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package is checked
------my Recursive Folder: {SaveGameFolder}zCEP-EXTRA is checked
------my Recursive Folder: {BaseGame}TSData\Res\Catalog\zCEP-EXTRA is checked

But I'm still not seeing any of my custom content.
Am I missing a setting somewhere? Perhaps in the Custom, Various, or Installed Plugins sections of the Preferences?

I'm lovin' all the help you guys provide!!!
Thanks so much!!

GSnap

Maybe drinkin is a better option for me
All help is ALWAYS appreciated.
Test Subject
#13 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 9:48 PM
LOL Turns out that I SHOULD drink, apparently.
Found the problem, now to see if I can actually get it to work for a recolor.

Gsnap
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 12:27 AM
How did you get it to work? I have a feeling I'll need to know, if I ever get this to act politely, lol.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 9:05 PM Last edited by AuzzPanda : 10th Jul 2016 at 3:55 AM.
Oh, I'm having the same problem

I can't get the University hairs to show up in SimPe, ''Not all mesh parts could be found''...
Field Researcher
#16 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 4:14 PM
I realize this thread has not had a reply for 3 months, but since it appears that at least one person did not find the answer they needed, I am happy to report that I found the answer!!!

I too had missing file paths in SimPE when the Ultimate Collection came out. Late last night I found the answer!!! Check out this tutorial on the Sims Community forum by SrslySims. http://simscommunity.info/social/th...-time-use.4113/ When I overwrote my Expansions.xreg to the updated one included in the tutorial it totally fixed my SimPE problem! (look under #3 in the tutorial for the link to the file)

I now have ALL the downloads available for ALL the games. Hopefully anyone else looking for the answer will find this thread!

Want to see all my Sims 2 creations, including my Star Trek items? Follow the link below to check out my Blog!

Puppetfish.Blogspot.com

Looking for Franny Sims Meshes? They can be found HERE!
Test Subject
#17 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by puppetfish
I realize this thread has not had a reply for 3 months, but since it appears that at least one person did not find the answer they needed, I am happy to report that I found the answer!!!

I too had missing file paths in SimPE when the Ultimate Collection came out. Late last night I found the answer!!! Check out this tutorial on the Sims Community forum by SrslySims. http://simscommunity.info/social/th...-time-use.4113/ When I overwrote my Expansions.xreg to the updated one included in the tutorial it totally fixed my SimPE problem! (look under #3 in the tutorial for the link to the file)

I now have ALL the downloads available for ALL the games. Hopefully anyone else looking for the answer will find this thread!

It's been 12 months now, and I still can't get it to work, when I tried this ^ My SimPE stopped working altogether and when I tried to reopen it it said "SimPE will shutdown due to an unhandled exception." Does anyone know anything else I could try?
Test Subject
#18 Old 21st May 2019 at 4:40 AM Last edited by morghanna : 21st May 2019 at 5:19 AM.
Me too! I'm coming back to sims2 after a long break and at first my SimPE worked, now it does not. The fixes out there for uc do me no good. I have double deluxe and all eps/sps. I will admit to being a fan of nosteam. Please bear in mind I own all of the sims2, I just have no idea where they are..... haha If anyone notices and knows the answer I will be eternally grateful.
After many, many uninstall/reinstalls I finally just went back to SimPE .72 and Behold! there are the options that had disappeared! Okay, so some of the file locations needed repaired at least i can use it now.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 21st May 2019 at 3:08 PM
I used the new one by Quaxi (0.75f), and copied over a couple files from my 0.73 version to fix a few annoyances with the outlay/UI. Seems to have done the trick, though I haven't done any extensive testing yet. It does recognize the UC and all the EPs.

0.75 here - make sure you get the F version, because the B version didn't work properly:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...25#startcomment