Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Dec 2010 at 7:36 AM Last edited by Jussterr : 26th Dec 2010 at 2:00 PM.
Default Increase wall height?
Hi everyone.

Last week I downloaded a wonderful Chapel Starter home made by Hazuitokage. It's a very small building with a medieval feel to it. I like it so much that I want to have a go at making something similar but on a larger scale. Unfortunately I've run into a problem right off the bat as I have noticed that he chapel's walls are much higher than the standard ones in build mode. Not quite twice as high but almost.

The first wall, that is to say the one touching the ground is about 2/3 the height of a normal wall and the one on top is a standard height, making the building taller than the norm.

I have tried with no luck to recreate this height. Could someone please point me in the right direction? Perhaps there is a secret tutorial I haven't discovered? I suspect it has to do with constrainfloorelevation but alas I just can't figure it out!

EDIT:

I can explain this a bit better now that I'm on my laptop (was using my phone last night.) Here is a link to Hazuitokage's chapel starter. Notice that the building is taller than the standard height of walls but it is not a 2 storey buildin. I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out how this was done as I want to create my own chapel (picture in the attachment. I need the windows to be above the front door level but a 2 storey build is too high.

Any genius builders out there know how it's done? Buy you a pint at the pub!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 26th Dec 2010 at 7:49 AM
In build mode, near fountains, you can build halfwalls and from what I can tell, you can then build normal walls on top....I COULD BE WRONG.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 26th Dec 2010 at 2:27 PM
That building was not built with the half walls in game, but using CFE. Basically you will need to use CFE to lower the first floor to the height you want and then build another floor above. Places on the first level where you want a door you will need to raise those wall sections to full height. I don't think there is a tutorial specific to something like this, but there are many tutorials for TS2 that show different ways of using CFE - and the same principle applies to TS3. There are also some tutorials for split levels and such for TS3.

Tutorials:Building_Tutorialswiki
[wiki]Tutorials:TS3_Building_Tutorials[wiki]
dodgy builder
#4 Old 26th Dec 2010 at 4:48 PM
In TS3 the it's very difficult to get the same hight, or the right hight to any structure without using something to give you the right level.

On top of a regular wall you put a frieze to give a accurate level. The cheat is: placefriezes on. Then you use constrainfloorelevation to press down the wall using tiles for the rest of the wall. I mean put down just 1x1 frieze on the top of the wall. Type the cfe cheat and build a regular wall along the rest of the same level. Press down the wall using any tile. Very easy to do.

You can also put 2 friezes on top of each other.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Dec 2010 at 5:10 PM
Thanks for your replies, really appreciate it. I've just figured out one way of doing it using CFE. It's pretty much what you've suggested HugeLunatic except I raised an area of wall that I placed into the middle of my house using the raise terrain tool, then I turned on CFE, built the perimeter of the house around that middle section and flattened the outer walls to the height of the middle section. Turned CFE off, deleted middle wall and then flattened the ground within the house. Voila!

Can't figure out how to move windows higher though. I've never seen it done so I'm not sure it's even possible at this point.
dodgy builder
#6 Old 27th Dec 2010 at 5:37 PM
Moving windows as high as on the picture might require some planning You could make the bottom wall lower and place the windows on the 2 floor.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 11:19 PM
Or you could just build a wall, take on the flat floor raise a floor on the lot somewhere, make it flat, add another wall and drag from there (CFE on) over the building lot,
now the wall will be higher from the floor up (higher part will be under the normal floor)
But I guess that will be difficult placing the doors..

smaller,faster,better....
dodgy builder
#8 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 7:19 PM
nah ... placing that 1 door can be done by removing the low wall and replace it with a full wall. Have cfe on to do that. The wall will then be higher where the door is and lower where you have the windows. Make sure you have 1 tile for warped wall you cannot use. It might also look strange, on a long wall like that.

That means you just ended up where hugelunatic is lol.