Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 4:08 AM
Default CC Hair appearing too dark in CAS
I chucked together this whole hairstyle which to my knowledge follows every rule it needs to and uses an EA default hair swatch for convenience, but in CAS it's significantly darker than it ought to be, darker even than the hair it borrows its swatches from

Left is in CAS and right is in S4S obviously

for comparison, here's the hair whose swatch is borrowed

appears perfectly fine and at the proper brightness in both S4S and CAS (too lazy to get a comparison here but trust me chief)

what gives, am I just cursed?

I tried doing the batch fix glass shader fix someone suggested, which made no difference, so then I changed the shaders TO glass and THEN did the batch fix, which resulted in this odd issue, but managed to fix the hair brightness. What am I missing?

Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 3:45 PM
Glass hair tends to have all kinds of transparency issues which take a lot of work separating and rearranging layers to fix so I recommend you go back to the SimSkin shader.

As for the darkness, check that the mesh normals are okay. If you exported from Blender without checking the option to keep normals that can cause this. If that's not the problem, please upload your package so I can take a look.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4