Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 7:09 PM
Just wishing everyone well with the implementation of the new servers! I can't wait to be able to download again! Good luck.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 7:13 PM
Well NOW I know why clicking on the file to download sends me to a "page can not be displayed" page - because they're being improved!

I have got to view these updates more often.
Test Subject
#78 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 7:33 PM
Im so excited! Just reformatted my computer and forgot to save my downloads folder - yes, im an idiot!

Can't wait for everything to be fixed so i can get my simmies looking good again!

"Computers are like air-conditioning. They work fine until you open windows."
Field Researcher
#79 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 8:02 PM
Good luck with that Delphy (And everyone from the administration)

P.S: By the way, do you know why Sims2Community is down?
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 8:05 PM
I was about to ask the same thing mokado; I thought it was related to the new servers but then noticed just now there was no mention of S2C.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#81 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mokado

I was wondering the same thing. I'm going through withdrawls.
Test Subject
#82 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 8:16 PM
I'm glad you're updating! I know how much work this all is (my father worked on replacing all the servers in the hospital), and I'm really thankful! It comes at a good time, too, because I have WAY too many downloads... Should get around to cleaning that folder out soon... Anyways, thank you and good luck! I know how evil computers can be.

[love] can turn the best of friends into {strangers} // 0 bottles of beer on the wall...how do we end the song?!?
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 9:22 PM
Oh no, I had just deleted all my skins in hopes of downloading some new ones, lol. Oh well, best of luck with the updates! =]]
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 10:15 PM
I don't know if it is possible, but since the new server is working, I found a lot of corrupted files, that were working great before. As I don't really know what can cause this, I though it could have something to do with the new server. Can someone know why there is so much corrupted download files?
Field Researcher
#85 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 11:04 PM
No problems waiting. If I really want something I will try and download it, but most of those are very small files. The rest I am just saving with the favorites. I know that is probably not the purpose of those, but I really appreciate having that. Some of them will stay favorites even when downloaded. Some I actually tracked down that I had previously downloaded just so I could put them in favorites. I have been having trouble with my game recently, so most of my focus has been on there. Also my computer has been acting slow lately, so not much good for downloading anyway (I have two. One has internet and one has the Sims. Er, actually one has internet and the Sims and the other has the Sims 2.)
I do have a question related to downloads, but not necessarily to this. I have not found an answer and have not found the right place to ask, so I would like to ask here and hope someone will answer. When I download a zip or rar file I can delete these after the folder has been created. Can sims2pack files be deleted after they have been downloaded or does the date stay with them? Also, if you delete an uploaded sim will that delete the custom content that came with them or only that particular sim. I have a lot of custom content laden sims which I got for the faces, but I have some which I got for their clothes (these are from EA's site). If I delete one of these sims will the custom content be deleted as well?
If someone answering this thinks it is not appropriete for the thread please PM me with an answer. This would help a lot.
Again, thank you so much to Delphy and all the admins. This site is amazing and while I will take it and use it when running slow or whatever, and couldn't care less about the Q-Xpress downloader since I haven't a clue if it will work for me since I download on one computer and transfer it to another which has no internet, I certainly would prefer it running smoothly. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. This site is amazing with so many cool things to download.
Test Subject
#86 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 11:18 PM
Thanks for everythng... though i havent been on the site in some time, glad too see a lot of familiar names, and that you are working so well with it!
Test Subject
#87 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 11:25 PM
We has working downloads now, I see!

Fantastic muchly.
Instructor
#88 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 11:27 PM
Sims2Pack files are just a Sims2-specific container file format, so can be deleted just like zip and rar files. It's also perfectly safe to delete Sim templates in Body Shop; it will not cause any of the custom content that came with them to be deleted. (Just like if you yourself make a Sim in Body Shop and then delete it, none of the stuff you used to make it will be deleted.)
Test Subject
#89 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 2:58 PM
I am ready to hammer the system!
Test Subject
#90 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 3:31 PM
*pulls out her download hammer* Bring it on!
Test Subject
#91 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 3:48 PM
Any update as to when the servers (especially chi ) will be configured to working conditions?
Test Subject
#92 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 4:19 PM
"chocodile, I don't know what site you are thinking of, but there never was an MTS1. This site only started just before the Sims 2 came out and has always been focused on just the one game."

Delphy- see me blush in shame and embarrassment! I was thinking of another site. It had a similar format. Please forgive my ignorance.

Still love the site and creators here! (And thanks for the correction!)

"We Gladly Feast on Those Who Would Subdue Us!"
Instructor
#93 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mokado
Good luck with that Delphy (And everyone from the administration)

Is there any news on this? It's been happening a lot the past couple of days, and I haven't found any info on why...
Alchemist
#94 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 6:01 PM
I just came home from my week of vacation and found out that I can download 2 files at once! I felt as if I´m in heaven! Thank you all for the support and the work and the fun!
Test Subject
#95 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 6:44 PM
^^ how are you downloading 2 files when 1 doesnt even dl lmao
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#96 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 7:02 PM
Just a quick update: The servers will not now be configured and working until this weekend at the earliest. The second one only got deployed today and I wont have time till then to get deep into server configurations and load balancing.

chocodile41203: You might be thinking of modthesingles.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#97 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 7:00 PM
Will Q-Xpress come back during the weekend, also Delphy?

Get Your Own Box.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#98 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 7:10 PM
Still no comment of the social forums?
Test Subject
#99 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 7:19 PM
just my luck i get a new graphics card and want to play the sims 2 then there is no q xpress lmao well...uh ill go find another game to play before i get too bored lol
Test Subject
#100 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 8:39 PM
took a while to deploy the 2nd one didn't it? ah well, next weekend it is! missing QX though :/

"They say misery loves company, we could start a company and make misery. Frustrated Incorporated. I know just what you need, I might just have the thing, I know what you paid to see...put me out of my misery, I'd do it for you, would you do it for me?"
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: Downtime is long over
Page 4 of 7