Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 1:46 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Recording closes active screen, skills constantly being "learned"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lexT_QxB9g I have a recording of these happening. It doesn't quit the game but it minimizes the active screen and I have to keep re-opening it. And every time a sim does a skill activity it acts like it's the first time they've done it and tells me that they've learned it, but it keeps their real levels so it clearly recognizes that they have experience in it already.

And of course there's the lingering issue of the screen being really dark, which is something that goes beyond the software, the version update, or even the computer, because as long as I've had The Sims at all, my screencaps have been dark like this despite my game looking fine.
Advertisement
Inventor
Original Poster
#2 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 1:41 AM
Anybody? I'd really like to know what the issue is.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 3:12 AM
I've had that skills glitch when using the NRaas Mod version of story progression and had skills allow only exsisting set to true instead of false which is how I set that one unless I don't want that sim learning any new skills or that's how skill studies will behave when that allow only exsisting is set to true.
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 6:58 AM
Well even when it's not being recorded and I just do regular screenshots it looks like that. I use xSplit though. I do remember asking before and getting some suggestions but nothing had any noticable result.

Regarding progression and such, I don't have anything turned on for that. I don't think I have story progression on at all, really.