Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#15901 Old 15th May 2018 at 5:43 PM
Advertisement
Test Subject
#15902 Old 16th May 2018 at 2:56 PM
Hey all! I haven't played in a good long while but decided I missed the sims 3 and started another random legacy since I can't get to my old saves yet. I had a question I rolled 'Hands off' but my sim is a freelance scientist so the only way to make money is selling space rocks and insects and i can't sell those at the consignment so what should I do? I know she could Hack as well but believe it or not i got the with help roll and the secondary career is also freelance scientist so i have her brother as the hacker. I could re-roll but I'd rather not use my one Re-roll on the first generation.
Lab Assistant
#15903 Old 16th May 2018 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by itzall4ucupcake
Hey all! I haven't played in a good long while but decided I missed the sims 3 and started another random legacy since I can't get to my old saves yet. I had a question I rolled 'Hands off' but my sim is a freelance scientist so the only way to make money is selling space rocks and insects and i can't sell those at the consignment so what should I do? I know she could Hack as well but believe it or not i got the with help roll and the secondary career is also freelance scientist so i have her brother as the hacker. I could re-roll but I'd rather not use my one Re-roll on the first generation.

You can donate bugs at the science building for money. Not sure if there is anything like that for rocks though. . .

~*Keyneky*~

-Also, I can kill you with my brain.-
Lab Assistant
#15904 Old 16th May 2018 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CyyKosis
Hey everyone! It has been a few years since I've played the sims or visited this forum, but I still follow a lot of simblrs and legacy blogs so I noticed the new rule changes this weekend! I updated the roller website to include a roller for the new rules, and there are two tabs on the top to navigate back and forth between new and classic. I kind of wish we would have had the new rules to begin with, the logic is so much easier when all the careers are lumped together and weighted equally

Back into the abyss for me -- happy simming!

Thank you so much for the update!

~*Keyneky*~

Scholar
Original Poster
#15905 Old 16th May 2018 at 4:09 PM

I always strike hands off from my list of possible rolls, because it would drive me insane, so I don't have any experience with such situations, therefore I don't have a workaround... so! When you insinuate that there is no workaround, I'm inclined to believe you. That would mean hands off is completely incompatible with your careers.

Reroll for misc fun without "spending" your free reroll.
Test Subject
#15906 Old 16th May 2018 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keyneky
You can donate bugs at the science building for money. Not sure if there is anything like that for rocks though. . .

Thanks so far I haven’t seen anything like that for the rocks and right now my game isn’t spawning many bugs. She’s caught one set of butterflies and that’s it. This generation is destined to be poor it seems. At least gen 2 has a decent roll 🤷🏻‍♀️
Test Subject
#15907 Old 16th May 2018 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NutsAndDolts
I always strike hands off from my list of possible rolls, because it would drive me insane, so I don't have any experience with such situations, therefore I don't have a workaround... so! When you insinuate that there is no workaround, I'm inclined to believe you. That would mean hands off is completely incompatible with your careers.

Reroll for misc fun without "spending" your free reroll.

I may have to do that. I rolled hands off for gen 2 as well I may have to strike it out also because it’s incredibly annoying!
Field Researcher
#15908 Old 16th May 2018 at 5:14 PM

Hi!

I don't think hands off is the same as not being able to use your sim's inventory? The collect interaction would pick items up, and if you want something displayed in the home you'll have to drag it out of inventory, so I don't see why you can't drag it from the inventory to recollect it, or even to sell it if there's no other way. I think of hands off as being more or a chore-oriented challenge, where the sims have to fix the broken sink before they can do the dirty dishes, and you can't just drag the dishes to the trash or delete them. Using a similar example, if your sim is in the culinary career track they get that annoying 'bring dishes home to wash' opportunity, you can't just leave the dirty dishes in their inventory and let them have a 'disgusted' moodlet for the rest of their lives. If I'm even understanding you question right.

But it's funny you bring this up, because the update I'm working on now made me realize that my freelance scientist sim has a horrible personality for bug catching and if I roll it again I'll probably choose something else for them to study even if it makes them less money (because I want their personality to drive their work or vice versa). But that's a side topic. I guess what I'm saying is, if you have to tweak something so you can play the challenge and still have it be random but you have some actual fun playing the generation, you should think about doing it. I'm not going to strike anything off my potential rolls because I want to see what other things it's randomly paired with, so even if I rolled hands off and it sounds horrible, I might treat all the extra housework as a part of the sims personality and make them neat, a slob, or a perfectionist or something for the sake of the story.

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
READ the Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog
READ the Sparrows WISHACY Challenge Blog
WATCH the Test of Time Challenge Let's Play! Videos
Field Researcher
#15909 Old 16th May 2018 at 6:05 PM
A Silverly update!

1.18 Not-Mama
Test Subject
#15910 Old 16th May 2018 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Frogsnack
Hi!

I don't think hands off is the same as not being able to use your sim's inventory? The collect interaction would pick items up, and if you want something displayed in the home you'll have to drag it out of inventory, so I don't see why you can't drag it from the inventory to recollect it, or even to sell it if there's no other way. I think of hands off as being more or a chore-oriented challenge, where the sims have to fix the broken sink before they can do the dirty dishes, and you can't just drag the dishes to the trash or delete them. Using a similar example, if your sim is in the culinary career track they get that annoying 'bring dishes home to wash' opportunity, you can't just leave the dirty dishes in their inventory and let them have a 'disgusted' moodlet for the rest of their lives. If I'm even understanding you question right.

But it's funny you bring this up, because the update I'm working on now made me realize that my freelance scientist sim has a horrible personality for bug catching and if I roll it again I'll probably choose something else for them to study even if it makes them less money (because I want their personality to drive their work or vice versa). But that's a side topic. I guess what I'm saying is, if you have to tweak something so you can play the challenge and still have it be random but you have some actual fun playing the generation, you should think about doing it. I'm not going to strike anything off my potential rolls because I want to see what other things it's randomly paired with, so even if I rolled hands off and it sounds horrible, I might treat all the extra housework as a part of the sims personality and make them neat, a slob, or a perfectionist or something for the sake of the story.

Well I thought about just selling them from the inventory but I wasn’t sure if that was too cheaty. So I just re-rolled the misc fun and got my precious. I am keeping the hands off for gen 2 though. I also like my sim to have some trait that compliments their job! I’m hoping not to get random traits anytime soon though at the same time it could be a fun challenge.
Test Subject
#15911 Old 16th May 2018 at 6:27 PM
My first chapter. Not great but its a start. Hopefully I get back in the swing of this soon

Chapter 1.1
Field Researcher
#15912 Old 16th May 2018 at 9:20 PM
I agree to just kinda like I dunno, ignoring hands off if it likes, contradicts

I have a personal gripe with the misc fun rolls where I've gotten rid of most of them that I will forget xD I'm too busy to remember to make my sims fight with people weekly! My sims are busy pixels!
(i'm sorry i'm tired and wanted to chat lmao)

eternal trash x

currently suffering through a degree, but at least i'm a woman in stem i guess

live laugh love besties x
Test Subject
#15913 Old 16th May 2018 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FutureCarrie?
I agree to just kinda like I dunno, ignoring hands off if it likes, contradicts

I have a personal gripe with the misc fun rolls where I've gotten rid of most of them that I will forget xD I'm too busy to remember to make my sims fight with people weekly! My sims are busy pixels!
(i'm sorry i'm tired and wanted to chat lmao)

Oh man I dread any misc fun where I have to remember to do something once a week I always forget!
Field Researcher
#15914 Old 17th May 2018 at 1:26 PM
Yeah, I think I've personally stricken off anything with tight time deadlines, like I never keep track of days really when I'm playing, so it's just confusing for me xD

Update!: Chapter 4.09 Three Sisters in which the kind of issues from last time are kind of resolved ^-^

eternal trash x

currently suffering through a degree, but at least i'm a woman in stem i guess

live laugh love besties x
Test Subject
#15915 Old 17th May 2018 at 2:25 PM
Lol I don't ever keep track of time either. I leave them in because I think it could be a fun challenge for me but we'll see when we get there! LOL

Another Chapter up: Chapter 1.2
Test Subject
#15916 Old 18th May 2018 at 2:39 PM
Another chapter up! Chapter 1.3

Also I am super excited I found my hard drive and recovered one of my old legacy's! It did end up being a save that was a few sim days behind where I was but it wasn't too bad I only lost like 3 days. I did however completely lose a sim from the town. He was a townie and apparently just didn't exist anymore. Being he was my heirs love interest I had to remake him which sucks but oh well. I'm just glad I had the save at all. So because I love multitasking I will soon start updating my Groves Legacy again! Though I'm not sure anyone has read it. :shrug: Sadly my other legacy wasn't on the hard drive which really bums me out. I wanted those sims! I'm hoping its on another one somewhere.
Scholar
Original Poster
#15917 Old 18th May 2018 at 3:37 PM
I'm glad you were able to save one of your legacies, itzall4ucupcake!
Scholar
#15918 Old 19th May 2018 at 9:04 AM
I have a New Update, Chapter 4.7
Scholar
Original Poster
#15919 Old 20th May 2018 at 10:04 PM
Goldbeard RLC Chapter 145 is posted.

Sorry no update on my other legacy yet; I have been busy with other projects.
Lab Assistant
#15920 Old 20th May 2018 at 10:18 PM
An update for the Van Hofwegens: Chapter 3.9: Crawling in my Skin

~*Keyneky*~

Test Subject
#15922 Old 22nd May 2018 at 1:46 PM Last edited by itzall4ucupcake : 22nd May 2018 at 2:35 PM.
Update for the Thurbones: Chapter 1.4

Also update for the Groves: Superstar Dreams So excited to have these guys back!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#15923 Old 23rd May 2018 at 12:45 AM
Update!
Chapter 3.10: Questions

~*Keyneky*~

Field Researcher
#15924 Old 23rd May 2018 at 1:22 AM
Because I enjoy overly-lofty sounding title names;
1.30 The Beginnings of the Truth
Screenshots

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.