Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 3:47 PM
Game Object Grouping?
Hey guys

So I've been switching between the editor client and edit in game mode. The last time I did this was yesterday and since then all the trees I have planted in the client have now all groups together and if I delete one EVERY SINGLE ONE I planted before hand, deletes, which is a problem for me since I planted some on a vacant spot so I can keep track of the type I use (which I have realised now is a stupid idea and that's how I found out about this).

Is there any way to fix this? Or do I have to go ahead, delete my trees and start again? Because I'd like them to be individual again.

Possibly unrelated but I've also found random trees planted in the road which I never planted but waved that off as maybe I wasnt paying attention to where I click (instead of pressing esc I press delete sometimes which doesnt work in the client lol).
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 5:53 PM
Plants are grouped per layer and chunk. It's very good to keep track of the number and types of trees you used. Grouping the trees is a means to (vastly) improve performance. So it's a necessary step and will happen when you save. You can also group (and ungroup) manually. On the Roads and Trees tab there are two buttons for that.

Here is a guide for CAW which might be helpful: https://nornities.tumblr.com/post/1...a-guide-it-took
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
Plants are grouped per layer and chunk. It's very good to keep track of the number and types of trees you used. Grouping the trees is a means to (vastly) improve performance. So it's a necessary step and will happen when you save. You can also group (and ungroup) manually. On the Roads and Trees tab there are two buttons for that.

Here is a guide for CAW which might be helpful: https://nornities.tumblr.com/post/1...a-guide-it-took

Ah thank you for the information and I will definately check out the link, thank you.

It threw me it did it itself and when I go to ungroup, nothing happens. The same species of tree are just under one "Game Object" group so if I delete one I delete all.

Thanks again :D

P.s I found out actually that I can delete them individually in game but it would be nice to learn why it does this by itself.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 6:51 PM
Not sure I understand. You can delete them manually in the CAW tool as well. Yes, they lose their names in the object layers but in the view menu there is an option "Tree names". With this you can find out which object it is.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
Not sure I understand. You can delete them manually in the CAW tool as well. Yes, they lose their names in the object layers but in the view menu there is an option "Tree names". With this you can find out which object it is.

I can't delete them individually in the CAW tool because they have formed a group called "Game Objects". If I click one objects and if I have placed multiple of that object, they all select under the same group and even though CAW sees it as a group, I can't ungroup the objects. I have no clue I hope I explained it better but I'm just glad I found another solution i.e deleting them in game mode.

Thanks again :D
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 10:27 PM
I do not really understand this either. The cluster and uncluster has always worked for me. But I am glad if you have found a solution that works for you. And normally I can delete individual items from the game object groups in the layers.