Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#76 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 5:36 PM
After changing the value in the character file click on "confirm" than save the file. This should do it. At least it worked for me.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 6:36 PM
ok, i can make sims height permanently already.
but the question is, can we adjust the height in bodyshop and then package it with adjustment included?
because i try it and it still back to default height when we call it in game from bodyshop slot.
the thumbnail in sims slot is correct, but the real height in game was default.

thanks
Test Subject
#78 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 10:11 PM
I'm a little confused as to the alternative method to acquiring the character package that wolfgeek suggested. I open the neighborhood package, then click on the Sim Description. When I do click on it, the program seems to start messing up.

Can anyone explain this method in detail?
Test Subject
#79 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 1:10 AM Last edited by chelsea_mae : 15th Feb 2010 at 6:19 PM.
wow this is really awesome!

i tried it on my sim and it worked perfectly!

there is only one problem that i have so far,
i cant change her clothes at all. When i plan her outfits nothing happens and she stays in the same outfit. I tried with the Maxis clothes and my custom clothes but nothing happened.

(she was wearing all custom clothes when i made her shorter and they all work fine its just now that is the only thing she can wear)

has anyone had this problem or know how to fix it/what i did wrong?

thanks! : )
Top Secret Researcher
#80 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 1:29 AM
Thanks but I hate math, lol. I'll skip this one.

ENTJ
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 10th Aug 2011 at 4:06 PM
This is a great tutorial, and I'll have to remember to back up at least my character files.
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 13th Aug 2011 at 2:36 PM Last edited by rotes_zebra : 24th Aug 2011 at 11:12 PM.
I totally agree: it's a great tutorial! thank you very much!

But... I still have a problem. I'm new here and sorry if somebody has asked before, but I don't think so...

I've changed the height of some sims and it worked perfectly... but after a while playing they changed back to normal height, I opened SimPE and realized that their pictures turned into a potato head... they have no longer an age data! (or character data at all...)
how can I get it back? or change the height permanently without it? I just hate having to use the strechskeleton cheat all over again while playing... ):

if it helps: I have all add-ons until apartment life and the newest version of simPe... could anybody help me, please?
Test Subject
#83 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 11:35 PM
Default Applying my A's in Maths
I have calculated, approximately, the height of a real-life Sim. Very sorry if this is considered necro-posting, but I figured people might like to know.

Using direct proportion and the IKEA SP, I have calculated the actual height of an adult Sim as 169cm (or 5' 7").

IKEA's website lists the MALM Chest of 6 drawers as 123cm tall.

I then scaled my bald Sim until he almost exactly matched it, using stretchSkeleton 0.728

I then used the following formula:
X% Sim = Y (X=stretchSkeleton*100, Y=chest height in cm)
and applied my values.

X% Sim = Y
1% Sim = Y/X
100% Sim = (Y/X)*100

72.8% Sim = 123
1% Sim = 123/72.8
100% Sim = (123/72.8)*100
100% Sim = 169cm
100% Sim = 5' 7"
Test Subject
#84 Old 28th Dec 2011 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lexx
Before I go into the details of how to change them all permanently to the new height it might be easier to explain the formula I've used behind the ratio.

hehehe, this is gonna be much easier for me since I normaly use the metric system insted of the inches one
. thanks, I've been going crazy for a while with the strechskeleton cheat. :P
Test Subject
#85 Old 9th May 2013 at 7:47 PM Last edited by mix345 : 24th Apr 2014 at 4:09 PM. Reason: Mistake in calculation.
Default Height table
First height table in this thread doesn't seem to be real in game, so I made my own with more real values:
(you don't need to use the last digit, it doesn't make any difference in game)

value | real height
0.8620 | 4'11
0.8675 | 4'11.5
0.8730 | 5'0
0.8785 | 5'0.5
0.8840 | 5'1
0.8895 | 5'1.5
0.8950 | 5'2
0.9005 | 5'2.5
0.9060 | 5'3
0.9115 | 5'3.5
0.9170 | 5'4
0.9225 | 5'4.5
0.9280 | 5'5
0.9335 | 5'5.5
0.9390 | 5'6
0.9445 | 5'6.5
0.9500 | 5'7
0.9555 | 5'7.5
0.9610 | 5'8
0.9665 | 5'8.5
0.9720 | 5'9
0.9775 | 5'9.5
0.9830 | 5'10
0.9885 | 5'10.5
0.9940 | 5'11
0.9995 | 5'11.5
1.0050 | 6'0
1.0105 | 6'0.5
1.0160 | 6'1
1.0215 | 6'1.5
1.0270 | 6'2
1.0325 | 6'2.5
1.0380 | 6'3
1.0435 | 6'3.5
1.0490 | 6'4
1.0545 | 6'4.5
1.0600 | 6'5
1.0655 | 6'5.5
1.0710 | 6'6
1.0765 | 6'6.5
1.0820 | 6'7
Test Subject
#86 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 4:11 PM
I've been having problems with this thing.
I followed all the steps and it seemed fine but when i went into the game the sim was so weirdly tall (you could only see his feet) anyway i then realised that whatever i write becomes like this: 0,x= x.

I tried the comma thing and even though it works at 0,9861 when i go in the game the sim is completely unchanged! And when i write 1,000 it becomes 1 again! Im not sure what the problem is! I have aging off and everything..

I really need a permanent height change and its annoying it wont work even though it seems easy enough!
please i'd love some help.
Top Secret Researcher
#87 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chadmm15
I've been having problems with this thing.
I followed all the steps and it seemed fine but when i went into the game the sim was so weirdly tall (you could only see his feet) anyway i then realised that whatever i write becomes like this: 0,x= x.

I tried the comma thing and even though it works at 0,9861 when i go in the game the sim is completely unchanged! And when i write 1,000 it becomes 1 again! Im not sure what the problem is! I have aging off and everything..

I really need a permanent height change and its annoying it wont work even though it seems easy enough!
please i'd love some help.

With 0,9861 you hardly see a difference. You need to put a sim with height 1 next to the changed sim to know if it really did change.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Test Subject
#88 Old 24th Dec 2015 at 4:16 PM
Can you change the height of pets?
Top Secret Researcher
#89 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 1:21 AM Last edited by billielith : 18th Jan 2016 at 10:14 AM.
hi
This tutorial is great, but sims keep the same super-thin proportions. Did anyone figure out a way to alter sims' width/height proportions? I mean without making a new mesh, just by tweaking the stretchskeleton code or another. I tried to find information about this, but couldn't find it.

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 3:19 PM
When I used this method, i never had in game problems.
But once here on Mod the sims there was a little application where you could translate sims height into real height, both in inches and in meters.

Che il sultano mantenga le tradizioni nella propria terra, ma non tenti di imporle ad altri regnanti.
That the sultan may keep his tradition in his own land, but not attempt to force them on other rulers.
(Vlad Țepeș)
Test Subject
#91 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 9:29 AM
Thanks, I had been looking to this solution for a while. It works perfectly for me but be careful to use a comma instead of a point (1,07 instead of 1.07)
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 3:59 PM
I managed to change the heights, but it keeps rolling "Missing Action String in table" or "Undefined Transition" errors. And I turned off testingcheats after that and now everyone's just resetting in place even though only 3 of the Sims on the lot have changed heights. Do I just have to change their heights back, or is there a way to adjust accordingly?
Field Researcher
#93 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 2:54 AM Last edited by Kunder : 21st Sep 2018 at 4:04 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lexx
So let's say you want to change the height of your sim?
Well everyone knows how to do that right?

ctrl+shift+c stretchSkeleton X

Where X is a number above or below one.
one is the default height of all sims of course...
If you want a shorter sim you make the number less than one.
If you want a taller sim you make the number more than one.

Seems easy enough...
But what happens when you have multiple sims on a lot?
Even if you make them different heights in the character build mode, they will all default back to a ratio of 1 when there are multiple people on the lot.
Even if you adjust again and save them in their proper heights...

It's a little annoying but there is a work around.
It's really quite simple.
Make sure you've saved your lot/family and be sure to back it up before you try this. Though I've had a 100% success rate I promise nothing.

Before I go into the details of how to change them all permanently to the new height it might be easier to explain the formula I've used behind the ratio.
The ratio of 1 (which is the default) must obviously have SOME value... otherwise you wont know what new ratio to put in for the proper height of your sim.
In this case I let the default ratio of one be equal to 6 feet... it seems to work well...
Now in order to get the proper ratio you're going to have to do a little math...
feet divide into inches which of course means multiples of twelve so we have to change it to metric.
Any metric converting program can do this fairly quickly or you can check out the converters at www.sciencemadesimple.com
If you convert 6 feet into meters you should get a number roughly like 1.8288.
I cut off after the fourth digit after the decimal because at that point the difference is negligable or is a run on number.
So now we know that stretchSkeleton 1 is equal to 1.8288 meters in height.
Now you need to decide the height of your sim.
I'll use mine as a refference.
My sim and I are the same height (5'5) that's 65 inches of height (6 feet is 72 inches, 5 feet is 60... always a multiple of 12 right?)
Running 65 inches through a converter gives you 1.6510 meters of height.
That's less than 1.8288 so you can assume it's going to be less than one for the stertchSkeleton command.
But how much less than one?
Last thing you need to calculate: your height number divided by the standard number equals the ratio you need.
Like this: 1.6510 � 1.8288 = 0.9027
So to make your sim 5'5 you would type stretchSkeleton 0.9027
BAM your sim is 5'5.
That's all well and good but we still have the problem of the sims all returning to a ratio of 1 when you load the lot.
The next part is fairly easy if you follow my steps. Again make sure to back up your sims before modifying them incase you disfigure them horrendously.
You'll need to use SimPE to edit their height.

To do this go to File-> Open
The folder your sims is kept in is under my documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Neighborhoods/NXXX/Characters
NXXX in this case is the number that refers to your neighborhood. For instance the first neighborhood that comes with the game is called N001.
The character files will have names like N001_User00000.package
Don't know which one is which? that's ok... it's a trial and error process but once you know which is which you wont forget.
Open one of them.
To figure out which sim you've opened click on the 'jpg/tga/png IMAGE' under the resource tree then select the first of the files listed there. It should be a pic of the character. If this is not the right one, load a different character until you find the one you want to mod.
Ok so now we have the right sim.
Click the 'Age Data' link under the resource tree, then on the Age Data file itself in the right hand window.
Below where you saw the pic will be a whole bunch of lines of text in the CPF editor.
Scroll to the bottom. Second from the bottom should be a line marked: stretch (dtSingle) = 1
Click it.
On the right side of the CPF editor the Name field should now say: stretch, the Type field should say: dtSingle and the Value should say: 1.
Change the value to whatever you determined the correct ratio to be for your sims height.
Click Commit.
Save your work under the File/Save menu.

That should be it.
Load up the sims and check to see that the character's height has been adjusted.
This should keep them the same height no matter how many people of different heights are in the lot.
I have one lot with 6 people in it ranging from ratio 0.9027 to 1.0555. that's 5'5 to 6'4. They all hold their heights and it makes for some slightly more interesting gameplay.
NOTE: I use aging off therefore my sims never become elders. I'm not sure if the ratio change is nulified when the sim grows older. also I have only tested this on the adult sims. The ratio workings may be different for younger and older sims... or it may be the same and younger sims may simply have a lower ratio (though I doubt this as the skeletons are not simply stretched they're completely different for each age) I will assume that any change in age group will reset to the 1 ratio value for the new age group so when the sim ages you will have to do this over again...

Any more info you'd like to add or share to this document is greatly appreciated and wil be given proper credit. Please IM me anything you discover incorrect about this or if you test out how aging affects the ratio system and I'll add it right away.

Hope this helps you all have just a touch more fun.

Truly,
Lexx
THANX! GREAT work from ALL of you!
Page 4 of 4