Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 11:05 PM
Default Skyrim Thread
Well, seeing as some of you play Skyrim (as do I), I figured why not start a thread where we do nothing but talk about the game in all its glory and goofiness. So! Let's begin!

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 11:30 PM
Ah, Skyrim... One of the best games I ever played. I like to play as the thief style, using a bow. Those damn bandits can't resist living against my poisoned arrows. I use to be high elf though.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 11:36 PM
I have The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition, but steam bought for the all the DLC's and had the base game DVD/CD Rom but sold the disc last year with my laptop.

I liked Dawnguard and Dragonborn equally and hearthfire would forget to load furniture in rooms when you'd build your own place.

I used mods from nexusmods with my game, the in game vanilla menu was awful and SkyUI & SKSE was required to fix this and a most have mod, I kept my mod install at around 60 mods and used the games organizer to organize my mods.

I liked the crossbow introduced by Dawnguard and used bolts that froze the enemy's.

Banner from my steam account
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 11:53 PM
I also have the Legendary version, but I play on my Xbox 360, so I can't really download mods, but I don't really mind. I tried thief style, but it never really works out for me because I always prefer to play as a Nord.

But anyway, it's be really cool if you could go to the other provinces in Tamriel. I understand that there is a mod that includes a quest that takes you to Elsweyr, but still. I don't want a mod, I want, like, a patch or a DLC thing where after you complete the main quest you can go adventuring in the other provinces.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"Meh." - me
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 4:20 AM
Ah Snowflake! You did it! That's awesome!

I'm currently running around doing side quests in Raven Rock. I am a conjurer with a secondary in destruction, I will admit my one handed is quite high though, I tend to use all my conjured atronochs or thrall as bait, as per the lovely Fenton's idea. Works out well, actually. And I generally always choose a Breton, due to the magic resist.

I've played the game since literally release night, never beat it myself. I always put it off. This time the plan is too actually beat it though. God knows the hours I've put into it. Haha.
Test Subject
#6 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 5:49 AM
I've never actually played Skyrim before, but it sound Pretty Awesome, This December holiday, a friend and I are going to play online, it's going to be my first time doing it, so I can't wait any longer !!!!!!

Please give some tips an basics I need Please

Thanks
LumbartDisco631
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 2:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LumbartDisco631
I've never actually played Skyrim before, but it sound Pretty Awesome, This December holiday, a friend and I are going to play online, it's going to be my first time doing it, so I can't wait any longer !!!!!!

Please give some tips an basics I need Please

Thanks
LumbartDisco631

Here's some info about the game: http://guides.gamepressure.com/theelderscrollsvskyrim/

Hope it helps!

"Meh." - me
Test Subject
#8 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 5:33 PM
Thanks A lot Graveyard Snowflake

Time to do some Reading... !!!

PS( I don't know how to quote posts like you did )
Field Researcher
#9 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 5:44 PM
When I was playing skyrim there was a mod that shortened the thieves jobs by half or more to become the thieves Guildmaster, I used this mod because the thieves guild jobs where ridiculously to long.
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LumbartDisco631
Thanks A lot Graveyard Snowflake

Time to do some Reading... !!!

PS( I don't know how to quote posts like you did )

You simply hit the "reply" button at the bottom right of each post. You can also edit your own posts with the "edit" button, or even delete it!

"Meh." - me
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 7:24 PM
You know, I could really use this time to be playing Skyrim....if only I could find my Xbox....

"Meh." - me
Scholar
#12 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 8:37 PM
Oh God, I haven't played Skyrim in so long! My Xbox is being repaired, and then I lost the disk before that...
It's easily one of my favourite games ever!
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 8:51 PM
I should probably download the game onto this computer so I can play it even if I can't get on the TV I can still play the game I mean WTF PARENTS IT'S NOT MY FAULT SKYRIM IS SO ADDICTIVE.

"Meh." - me
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 4:23 PM
I played it on the PS3 but I just recently got a new computer that's capable of actually running games (other than Sims) so I shared my Steam library with my sister and installed the legendary edition on my computer and WOW! It's a million times better, not just mods but gameplay and graphics too!

I prefer to play as a Nord as well On my PS3 I joined the Imperials so maybe this time I'll join the Stormcloaks (even though I don't really like either of them). I am DEFINITELY joining the Dark Brotherhood though. DB forever! <3
Field Researcher
#15 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 4:34 PM Last edited by NabucodonosorII : 15th Nov 2014 at 4:51 PM.
Skyrim is so addictive that sometimes I read the books I find in the game. I remember reading these titles: "The Horker Attack" and "The Black Moon". HAHA

Almost forget to say the most wtf skyrim book ever: "The Lusty Argonian Maid" LOL
Test Subject
#16 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Graveyard Snowflake
You simply hit the "reply" button at the bottom right of each post. You can also edit your own posts with the "edit" button, or even delete it!
Thanks a lot for that tip Graveyard Snowflake, I found the thread you sent me very helpful, thanks a bunch
Theorist
#17 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 3:16 AM
I keep my modded Skyrim permanently installed and ready to play. Even though I already know the story, the actual gameplay has plenty of bits and pieces that work together to form what I call "this game is like crack." However, I do know that the time I play Skyrim is at the cost of other games, and I've collected a huge backlog of Steam and Origin games bought but not played yet because of Skyrim.

Seeing this topic makes me want to head over to nexus and see if they ironed out the bugs in the "Gifts of the Outsider" mod.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 7:01 AM Last edited by C_Guy : 16th Nov 2014 at 7:37 PM.
I remember why I stopped playing skyrim, I was getting upset and uncomfortable with the nude skin mods and Anime mods and those mods where creeping me out and rubbing me the wrong way, it seemed like pedophiles where taken over the mods, yeah I know what a silly ignorant stupid thing to say, also they started a flintlock weapons mod which I fault was unrealistic and then they brought on the monster mods the fallout games had.

I shouldn't let those mods get the best of me and know that nexusmods has a adult filter to not see nudity there.
Test Subject
#19 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 7:57 AM
I stopped playing due to SteamOS accidentally overwriting /sda1, when I specifically told it /sdc1.
But I played a bit recently... before any total conversions, I want to earn all achievements.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 9:56 PM
I've been tracking all the previous mods I used at nexusmods for the last day or so, I have 1000 pages to go through.

I'm a premium member at nexusmods too, so I can download quicker from there premium servers.

I hope to be playing skyrim again within a month.
Test Subject
#21 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 7:30 PM Last edited by TiesiogAsh : 19th Nov 2014 at 11:32 AM.
I was first introduced to Skyrim in my Digital Games class (this is what you get when you opt for media studies, kids!) - our tutor used a screenshot of Markarth to prove one of his points, I thought it looked great and decided to give the game a go... oh boy. Luckily, the same tutor had requested us to spend a few hours per week playing computer games, so I was able to classify Skyrim as "studying". No wonder I got a good grade, haha.

Sadly, I lost all my progress when my old laptop died... just when I was about to get started as a member of the Dark Brotherhood, Now I'm just not motivated enough to start all over again! My gaming style is somewhat explorative - I wasn't that far in the storyline but have discovered most of the locations and the "wow factor" is not there anymore.

I'm not that into MMORPG's so I haven't considered giving The Elder Scrolls Online a go... although I've played the demo version and was not too impressed, perhaps due to my old laptop being too slow.
Scholar
Original Poster
#22 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 3:09 AM
I have the Skyrim Legendary game guide, and it says some pretty funny things about the characters in all of the DLC. Especially about Neloth.

"Meh." - me
Field Researcher
#23 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 1:31 AM
Owe if you suddenly see a lack of posts from me here in the new year, it's because I've become enthralled and addicted to Skyrim again, that happened to me the last time I played it.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 8:11 PM
I have this, I have no reason to play it at the moment, anyone got names of good mods?

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Scholar
#25 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 11:47 PM
I'm not a gamer, I'm somewhere between a "casual" and a mother who uses Wii Fit and there's only a few different games I ever play. Skyrim is one, something I've played on and off for a couple years now, from the 360 version to PC with mods and the DLC. I swear I still find new places I had never been to before, this time it was Arcwind Point in The Rift. Figured it would just be a typical nord ruin and it was a basically a massive cemetery nestled in the mountains.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.

Page 1 of 7