Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 3:31 AM
Default End of Interaction - "Attribute Number Out of Range"
What would be the cause of an "out of range" error at the end of an interaction?

I'm adding the "Compost" interaction to the magazines. Everything goes smoothly until the magazine is placed in the composter. After getting an error log and resetting the sim, the lid of the compost bin floats. I've attached the error logs and the .package file. What am I doing incorrectly?
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  fway - Compost Magazines.zip (5.4 KB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  Logs.zip (23.6 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content

Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 1:23 PM
I don't think you did anything wrong, looking at the error log it appears the default code for the compost bin has a fault where it loses track of the object ID in the op-code 'Animate - Dispose Bag'. That's causing the event for the animation to test what type of disposal system the magazine is and, since the magazine is not it doesn't have the required semi-attribute.
The little file here should override and fix the fault, I say "should" because I haven't tested it.
CompostBin-Fix.zip (less than 1kb)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
I don't think you did anything wrong, looking at the error log it appears the default code for the compost bin has a fault where it loses track of the object ID in the op-code 'Animate - Dispose Bag'. That's causing the event for the animation to test what type of disposal system the magazine is and, since the magazine is not it doesn't have the required semi-attribute.
The little file here should override and fix the fault, I say "should" because I haven't tested it.
CompostBin-Fix.zip (less than 1kb)

Your fix worked without any errors popping up, however my test Sim's hand is stuck as if she were still holding the magazine. What would be causing this?

Screenshots