Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 7:43 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Creating Custom Neighborhoods
Hi there, first time poster (I think if so it's been years) long time love of not only the Sims 2 but this site so...

Jumping in here, I hope it's okay to post this, I did try and search the FAQ's and such so I do hope this is okay to ask. I'm trying to make my own new Neighborhood. I'd like it to be sans free of the random created Townie's & NPC's and I've been reading/trying to follow this link here http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_gui...an_neighborhood and make my own with all their own backstories/drama/fun and the link recommended I download this mod from here http://modthesims.info/d/520751 called the Clean And Empty Stealth Hood Templates. Now the mod says "If you have all expansion packs, then you can download all 5 stealth hoods" but the version I have is the Ultimate Collection from EA which is everything so I downloaded each mod and placed them in each folder. I downloaded some other mods too, mostly CJ mods but also some mods this link suggests http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_gui...ding_corruption to avoid corruption like NoTownieRegen, Anti-Redundancy, NoSSrespawn, etc. (basically all the mods it suggests) Because of all this the game won't even let me load the game right now and I'm not quite sure which mods are conflicting with each other, or even if I need all 5 mods from Jawusa for the Clean And Empty Stealth Hood Templates but I would like it to be completely NPC and Townie Free.

HALP!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 8:42 AM
What do you mean when you say your game won't load? Does it launch at all? Or does it not load neighborhoods? A specific neighborhood?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 9:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Modder
What do you mean when you say your game won't load? Does it launch at all? Or does it not load neighborhoods? A specific neighborhood?

Nope, it won't load the game at all.

When I hit launch from Origin's it gives me a Big O'l Red X without a reason then to hit the OK button
Field Researcher
#4 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 10:03 AM
How did you place the clean templates in your game? Did you rename or rename the existing templates, or just copy the new ones over the top?

If you copied them over the top, it will have left some of the uncleaned stuff behind and introduced inconsistencies. If that's what you did, go back in again, rename the existing templates (by adding "_bak" to the end of the folder name or something similar), and then place the clean templates again.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 10:05 AM
OK So I took EVERYTHING out, all the mods, downloads and reput the original files from the mod Clean And Empty Stealth Hood Templates back in their original place and the game still won't load now. Ugh!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 10:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by muridae
How did you place the clean templates in your game? Did you rename or rename the existing templates, or just copy the new ones over the top?

If you copied them over the top, it will have left some of the uncleaned stuff behind and introduced inconsistencies. If that's what you did, go back in again, rename the existing templates (by adding "_bak" to the end of the folder name or something similar), and then place the clean templates again.

I took the original game files out and put them on my desktop and put the new downloaded files in their place in their folders. I put everything back to how it originally came and it still won't load
Field Researcher
#7 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 10:15 AM
You say you've taken out your Downloads. If you've added CEP or custom modular stairs, or anything else that sits partly in Downloads and partly in the game files, try again with those back in place.

If all else fails you can do a repair on the game in Origin. That should reset the game files to their original state, but it'll also reset any graphic rules changes, CEP, etc so copy those before you do it so you can put them back again afterwards.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 12:30 PM
Did you delete your cache files?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 12:53 PM
Documents>EAGames>TheSims2> cache files.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#10 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 8:53 PM
I'd definitely start with deleting your cache files. Even though it seems like this might be more complicated than that, the blank error message at launch is something that happens when it's time to delete them. Here's a link to the game help page on it: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...ete_Cache_Files