Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2019 at 4:26 PM
Default Simagrooped and Maxis match Afros and dreads
So I've decided that maxis match and Simagrooped is more my style, and was wondering if anybody knew where I could Afro and dread hairs with those textures. I have a couple by Deedee?
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#2 Old 19th Apr 2019 at 4:52 PM
Your best bet is All The Hairs: http://allthehairs.podserver.info/

It's a searchable database of hairs. One of the filters you can click is "Natural Black Hairstyles." Click that and the Maxis-match filter and you'll have lots of options.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Apr 2019 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Your best bet is All The Hairs: http://allthehairs.podserver.info/

It's a searchable database of hairs. One of the filters you can click is "Natural Black Hairstyles." Click that and the Maxis-match filter and you'll have lots of options.

Thank you, perhaps I'm missing something but I tried to download the ones by Poppet but they don't show up in bodyshop?
Undead Molten Llama
#4 Old 19th Apr 2019 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katie Turner
Thank you, perhaps I'm missing something but I tried to download the ones by Poppet but they don't show up in bodyshop?

Are you certain that the mesh was included with what you downloaded? Usually it is with hairs, but sometimes not.

Is what you downloaded super-high-poly? For some people, their video cards won't display such meshes.

Are you certain you installed the hair properly? That the files are in the right place? That they're not still in some kind of archived format -- RAR, ZIP, whatever -- in your downloads? (Sometimes people upload archives-within-archives.)

Other than that...I don't know. It might be a problem with the download or Poppet may have made a mistake and packaged the wrong files. Might be helpful if you can give some links to what you specifically downloaded so others can try the download, too, see if it works for them.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Apr 2019 at 8:13 PM
Allthehairs is a great resource, but I have found several hairs that were never added to it. Simsample shared this link for Glorianasims4's hairs for Sims 2 in the Pictures forum the other day. The download links for the hairs are under "Show more".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9v4nnmioRQ
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Apr 2019 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Are you certain that the mesh was included with what you downloaded? Usually it is with hairs, but sometimes not.

Is what you downloaded super-high-poly? For some people, their video cards won't display such meshes.

Are you certain you installed the hair properly? That the files are in the right place? That they're not still in some kind of archived format -- RAR, ZIP, whatever -- in your downloads? (Sometimes people upload archives-within-archives.)

Other than that...I don't know. It might be a problem with the download or Poppet may have made a mistake and packaged the wrong files. Might be helpful if you can give some links to what you specifically downloaded so others can try the download, too, see if it works for them.

Yes it as the mesh, I always check.

I don't know about high-poly or not? I don't know how to check.

Yes they are installed properly in my hair folder, and all unpacked I always do a RAR, ZIP, search afterwards

here's the link: Poppet dreads
Forum Resident
#7 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katie Turner
Yes it as the mesh, I always check.

I don't know about high-poly or not? I don't know how to check.

Yes they are installed properly in my hair folder, and all unpacked I always do a RAR, ZIP, search afterwards

here's the link: Poppet dreads

They show up for me without any problem in both CAS and bodyshop :o
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 3:23 PM
So I think it was a problem in my cache I deleted it and they appaeared