Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 5:34 PM
Default Clue need for lot to road routing problems.
I made a world (Prototype 4 - my 4th attempt) and I have a problem.
My sim can't leave his home lot to step on the side walk. He could be right next to the side walk, and still not be able to go there.
So, I uninstalled, looked at the routing in CAW between the lot and the sidewalk and it appears okay. Did a "recalculate routing" just to be sure. Save, export, reinstall... same problem!

Anyone have this problem?
Anyone have this problem and know what I'm doing wrong?

Sims are better than us.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 5:49 PM
Could you post some pictures of the routing? Maybe someone will spot something you've missed.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 2:46 AM
Here are three screen shots.
Corner lot, adjacent Lot, and Lot with working routing lot.

Test sims...
Corner lot = stuck
Adjacent lot = stuck
lot with working routing = not stuck

Now, the corner lot I can sort of see it.. the points seem to be under the sidewalk.
But I don't see any difference between the adjacent lot which doesn't work and the working lot.
What did I do wrong?

Sims are better than us.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 12:43 PM
Could you move the post and waste basket, and remove any fences close to the road, just as a part of troublshooting.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 12:59 PM
Do you have room to move the lots back fromthe road a little? I have a feeling it's where they are overlapping the sidewalk ever so slightly.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Do you have room to move the lots back fromthe road a little? I have a feeling it's where they are overlapping the sidewalk ever so slightly.

I could, but the Adjacent lot isn't overlapping, and it doesn't work too.
I'll give it a try today. The lots are 20x20 and there are 9 of them in each 64x64 "block", so I have a couple of spaces to play with.

Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Could you move the post and waste basket, and remove any fences close to the road, just as a part of troublshooting.

That's worth a try! I'll move the corner lot 1 space back, and on the adjacent lot move the mailbox and trashcan away from the road..

Thanks both! These are good trouble shooting ideas.
Not sure what went wrong that there's overlap... I had the grid on.

Sims are better than us.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Not sure what went wrong that there's overlap... I had the grid on.

The grid guides while placing lots/roads, maybe you can align objects (that one I didn't try because I use numerical input to adjust, something I can't fix (numerical input) for roads & lots)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 10:56 PM
Solution: forgot to conform the lots.
I looked at this carefully in CAW because I have this problem in other worlds I'm modifying. What happened is that the lots were leveled AFTER I placed them but I didn't conform them with the Lot->conform tool.
I guess that's why they have a lot conform tool.
Doh!

Sims are better than us.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 9:09 AM
Duh, I completely forgot about that, too! Well done for fixing it, @Emmett Brown .
Mad Poster
#10 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 2:46 AM
I am glad you found the solution. I swear I can conform lots until the cows come home, and then go in the game and find a bad one.