Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 5:44 PM Last edited by tcbandie10 : 6th Dec 2017 at 12:42 PM. Reason: added another hour for bean blender
Teen Barista Job
So I know I already have a project going on here, but I was in the process of purging and reorganizing the careers in my game. I have mostly walked away from using the ones in Sims 2, but have used the Sims 3 careers. I was browsing the Sims 4 careers and saw Teen Barista. I thought this would be kinda perfect for my game and wanted to add it in. I went ahead and wrote everything out. I just need to put it together in SimsPE. I wanted to reach out and see if this would be something that would interest the Sims community for me to upload on here? I did not see anything like this already uploaded, unless I missed it. Thanks!

I would love to hear any suggestions you have as well.

Teen Barista Career

Description: If you love hanging out at the coffee house and already know all the fancy drink names, why not get paid for it?

1. Coffee Stain Remover
Salary: 13
Time: 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Days: F, Sa, Su
Promotional Needs: 1 Cooking Skill, 1 Mechanical Skill
This is <sim name>’s first step into the exciting world of caffeine distribution systems. But of course he/she can't be responsible for pouring coffee until he/she proves he/she can handle mopping floors, setting up chairs, scrubbing mugs and keeping those frothers and foamers shiny!

2. Bean Blender
Salary: 16
Time: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Days: Th, F, S
Promotional Needs: 2 Cooking Skill, 1 Mechanical Skill, 1 Creativity
Bonus: 193
At last, <sim name> can drop the dishrags and become one with the art of fine coffee! Grinding together the finest organic beans from around the globe, <sim name> is now a master bean blender, a true mixologist whose arresting combinations of aggressively bold aromas and subtly nutty undertones please every palate.

3. Latte Artiste
Salary: 25
# of hours: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Days: Tu, Th, F
Promotional Needs:
Bonus: 289
Bravo! <sim name> has ascended the barista ranks and seized control of the frother. Now in charge of crafting sumptuous espresso drinks, adorned with a dollop of feather-light froth which he/she arranges in cute patterns. <sim name> knows he’s/she’s a true artiste.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 12:45 PM
Out of curiosity, would it be worth it to add another day to the schedule for each level?

Currently, this is the hours/week per level
Level 1: 12 hours/wk to 16 hrs/wk
Level 2: 15 hours/wk to 20 hrs/wk
Level 3: 15 hours/wk to 20 hrs/wk

Does that seem realistic? Or would it be worth adding another day? Thanks in advance!
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 9:48 PM
I would LOVE this, and yes, it does seem realistic.

Quote: Originally posted by tcbandie10
Out of curiosity, would it be worth it to add another day to the schedule for each level?

Currently, this is the hours/week per level
Level 1: 12 hours/wk to 16 hrs/wk
Level 2: 15 hours/wk to 20 hrs/wk
Level 3: 15 hours/wk to 20 hrs/wk

Does that seem realistic? Or would it be worth adding another day? Thanks in advance!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 12:41 AM Last edited by tcbandie10 : 11th Dec 2017 at 4:14 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kissarmyfan1965
I would LOVE this, and yes, it does seem realistic.

The adding a day part or keeping it the way it is? Thanks for your feedback btw!

UPDATE: I will leave everything the way it is and upload tonight. The base game part time jobs for teens in the Slacker Career is only 2 days a week anyway.