Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 7:07 PM Last edited by yenda : 7th Sep 2017 at 3:20 AM.
Default Orphan Mars Challenge
Download included of the text below if you want to print it out.

____ Mars has lost his/her parents in a house fire. ____ gets a bad feeling when the Officers asks if ____ has any relatives ____ can stay with. ____’s both parents were orphans and ____ remembers the horror stories they used to tell ____ about the orphanages they were sent to. So ____ tells the Officer about ____’s tech-hating Grandparent (---- Mars) that lives far away. When the Officer turns around to give the information to another Officer, ____ sneaks away into the night. ____ convinces a crazy old person _____ finds on the streets and has lost his/her memory that _____ is their Grandchild and that they must go live far away, together. Unfortunately for ____, this old person has more problems than ____ counted on. Can ___ survive the escape and this crazy old person until the age of 18?

Sims
1 Elderly (m/f, same sex as child
- Traits = Big Happy Family, Insane, Kleptomaniac, Clumsy
- Looks = Bald (had fleas),
 1 set of EVERYDAY clothes only (must use same for all categories) FREE,
 Cheap masculine/ill-fitting clothes, not dirty/ripped (child bought cheap clothes).
- Restrictions = Never does anything productive (No = work, make anything, cook, fish, etc.),
 Can harvest “wild” fruits (sweet tooth) to eat, flowers (pretty) only and go frog hunting (no breeding), can’t harvest trees/herbs/veggies nor gardens you decide to have when you buy a lot
 Can only sell things in inventory from child, flowers and frogs,
 Can only talk to child, if THEY talk to YOU it’s fine (watch out for the crazy things they say)

1 Child (m/f) - main character
- - Traits = Whiz Kid, and a trait from lifestyle/social category (likes outdoors allowed)
- Looks = Average hair style, nothing beautiful or complicated,
 1 set of EVERYDAY clothes only (must use same for all categories) FREE
- Restrictions = Must always be nice to elderly sim (you don’t want them to remember certain things)
 Must always return objects that elder has stolen, you can keep food they stole,
 Cannot go speak to adults and other elderly, if THEY talk to YOU it’s fine
 Can collect (no fishing) but CAN’T SELL ANYTHING UNTIL IN TEENS!
 No school until you own a tiny lot, can use phone once for quitting school mod

Will allow parents but you must kill them off immediately. You can only do this with a mod, I think, I'm not sure. I don't waste my time on it, though.

Start
Location = Pebble Burrow, Oasis Springs (cannot live/build/buy there, must abandon lot and not return unless elderly has swiped something)
Money = $1 is all child has left, can sell flowers and frogs (no breeding ever), Rock Breaking Kit = $100, Fishing Rod = $250 (child/elderly cannot fish, rod must be bought if you want to fish later)
Food = Can place a bar/fridge in park, 1 free meal per day, don’t want to rouse suspicion!
Travel = 1 Free pass to the park in Oasis Springs (you walk there, look at the map if confused why) otherwise, free if in walking distance of your sim, $10 in city (ex: park to commercial street lot), $20 for going to another city (ex: from Oasis to Newcrest)

Rules
- Read above, do I have to talk about money cheats? No, bad wolf!
- Cannot keep money from Pebble Burrow Lot when you buy a tiny lot!
- Can change the last name, I named it Mars because it is the one I play with/uploaded fam I’m using in the gallery, BUT both sims must carry the same last name (elderly doesn’t remember their real name)
- What you do after getting your first tiny lot is up to you as long as you follow the restrictions on the sims and actions they can take, it is your story to tell. You can also sell ANYTHING your mc creates/grows.
- BTW, you (child) only need to avoid the social worker, that stops caring about your whereabouts when you age up to a teen…
- No forcing age up
- What happens to your “Grandparent” when you become a teen is up to you.
- Will your guilt/gratitude make their last days better, reunite them with their real family, or will your selfishness/cold-heart toss them aside?

Clothing Prices
Tops Tees/Tanks = $25
Sweaters/Fancy = $50 (Includes the two piece tops)
Bottoms Above Knee = $50
Below Knee = $100 (Includes dresses)
Swim 1 piece = $50
2 piece = $100
Shoes Cheap = $50
Fancy (Nicer looking) = $100
Accessories $50
Makeup $25 total for 1 category in cah, but every time you change something you need to pay that amount

You can ignore the clothing price if it’s TOO HARD for YOU!
(I don’t care about credit for this since it is one variation I play of the Original Sims 3 Orphan Challenge as long as you don’t claim it as yours, stay honest everyone and enjoy!)

Want Hardcore Challenge?

Inventory Slots (Level A, B, C)
Start = Both Sims hands!
- 1st line, 1 items in each only
Purchase = Backpacks/Lugage (2) per sim, upgrade doesn’t count for both, if you sell these they lose the upgrade
- To buy = Own a Lot(A), Pebble Burrow(B,C)
- 1st = Adds 1 line and each slot can now hold 5(A), 10(B), 15(C)
- 2nd = Adds 1 line and each slot can now hold 10(A), 15(B), 20(C)
- 3 lines max
- Pack only applicable to 1 sim forever, no sharing packs when convenient for you
- You are not allowed to display upgrade object in home
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Orphan Mars Challenge.zip (17.3 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Description: v5 - Printable word document of Challenge