Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 1:57 PM
Default Never used custom content before, can't get it to show up in game.
I didn't really know where to post this... I just really need help.
I have only recently discovered custom content after being an avid sims player for years. I have followed all the tutorials and instructions including : enabling Mods/custom content in the game, checking that I have package files in my mods folder etc.
I haven't been able to use any of them in my game and I do not know why.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 2:27 PM
I guess the first place to start is with all the basic and obvious questions:

- You created a folder in your documents/Sims 4 files and labeled it "Mods".

- You unzipped the files into the Mods folder.

- You are using downloads that are for the Sims 4

What, exactly, are you trying to put into your game? If you point it to me, maybe I can test it out in my game.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 7:35 AM Last edited by chicvibe : 5th Sep 2017 at 7:36 AM. Reason: more words
In addition to the above information, you want to make sure that, in your game options, you allow mods to be enabled in your game. Every time there is a major update or you add packs to your game, the mods will be disabled (and you will get a popup about it) and you can easily re-enable them.

When you go into your library - there is a column on the left - and check the box that says show custom content. Without that checked, those fancy sims or houses with cc won't show up.

As you may also be familiar with - some content may require a mesh - and without that mesh - you will have invisible sims, bald sims or content just not showing up.

Two very helpful programs (so user-friendly too) are sims tray importer: http://luniversims.com/files/file/7...-tray-importer/
and Sims4studio (you have to register, but it is an amazing program) that will help you manage and "fix" custom content (like those ballgowns that show up as swimwear (sad face)).

I hope this helps as well.