Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 5:06 PM
Default Is there a way to create a new Party type?
I ask because I've dug around in the Semi-Globals (specifically those for the phone/phone calls). I did find Party Types, and the full number of parties, but how do I go about adding a new one?

Is it possible to clone a party type? (Yes, I know this is unlikely, but I felt the need to ask anyway.)

And this idea is shooting for the stars a bit in my opinion. It's for the Maternity and Beyond theme, but if it doesn't work out, I'll go with my original plan. I think if creating party types were possible, we'd likely have a frightening amount of them by now.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 9:06 PM
I'd love to know too. It would be full of possibilities ! Have you tried to extract all files of one of them, then change the numbers. As in changing the GUID, if there is an object file or the ressource numbers...

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Test Subject
#3 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 9:29 PM
I am searching for a tutorial how to create own party too.. Ima do halloween party i am so missing halloween events in the sims 2

As light and shadow
The sun and the moon
Torn between love and hate
I've gotta get it somehow ⭐
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 10:21 PM
The parties must have controllers - you could certainly clone one of those.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 7:25 PM Last edited by grinevilly : 12th Aug 2017 at 9:21 PM. Reason: fixed a grammatical error
Actually... if anyone ever cracks the "New Party Type" open, it sounds like the PERFECT idea for a theme!!
Why... the possibilities are nearly ENDLESS...

In fact, i was just talking with gdayars the other day, about the idea of Sim holidays -- holidays based on nothing outside the sim universe, so as not to create any kind of bias towards (or against) anybody in reality. Ideas like Flamingo Day... All Gnomes Day... Malcolm Landgraab I /Founders Day... Gilscarboween... Crumplebottom Eve... etc... etc... etc... If they had stylized parties to go with them, the results could be FANTASTIC! It'd take some clever and imaginative people to come up with the phony customs that might be observed on whatever invented holidays came out of this little hysteria. But i'm sure MTS could provide the creative types to do it!

-grinEvilly
>=)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 5:15 PM
Just an update:

I'm currently browsing through a mod that involves having parties on community lots to check out the BHAVs for it. I may play around with it to see what I get.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Instructor
#7 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 10:09 PM Last edited by ankoyume : 3rd Mar 2018 at 12:54 AM.
You could start by observing the "building party" as it was an addon to parties in Appart Life ...

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!