Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 8:14 PM Last edited by Swetty sim : 28th Jul 2017 at 12:21 AM.
Default Different Ambient sounds / no underwater sound in diving areas / Isla Paradiso Birds sounds
Hello I know there are old posts about this but I found in FullBuild_p19.package some files related to birds and ocean sounds in Isla Paradiso:
amb_birds_ocean.audtun
amb_ocean_oneshot.audtun
amb_underwater_oneshot.audtun

So how do I assign them to my custom world? I don't know if there is a XML and I tried to put Isla Paradiso .UNKN onto my world but nothing. I'm making a paradise world and this is so important to make the world realistic... Also when it's fullmoon, I can't ear at night scraw sounds neither bat sounds , etc...
If it cannot associate the sounds I was thinking in something like Buzzler's Shell Sound Emiter, but with these sounds...
By the way is there a way to put world's name in weather stone??

Is there a way to do this? Thank you.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 6:39 PM
I don't have this EP, but I'm pretty sure that it will work the same way as the other worlds, in that the ambient sounds, default travel mode, shell and NPC characteristics will be tied to the world type. You mention that you copied Isla Paradiso UNKN into your world, but which ones? Specifically, try UNKN 0x296A6258:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=424374
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I don't have this EP, but I'm pretty sure that it will work the same way as the other worlds, in that the ambient sounds, default travel mode, shell and NPC characteristics will be tied to the world type. You mention that you copied Isla Paradiso UNKN into your world, but which ones? Specifically, try UNKN 0x296A6258:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=424374

Hello I copied Isla Paradiso's UNKN 0x296A6258 into my world but nothing... Nevertheless is there a way to add the sounds to a object like Buzzler's Shell Sound emitter?? It would be great but I don't know how to do that...
Anyway thanks!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 10:46 AM
No idea about Buzzler's mod, but often ambient sounds are emitted by other objects. Such as, lot markers, trees, shells etc. So maybe the bird sounds are linked to trees.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 1:03 AM
Did you pull the world apart in CAW to take a look? Pretty sure that if it's a localised sound rather than a global ambient sound, it must be tied to an object or effect.

If you want to look further into modding those files you found into an object, you might be better off posting about that in the Modding forum.
Test Subject
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 11:05 AM Last edited by JackC. : 2nd Aug 2017 at 11:47 AM.
I MIGHT HAVE THE ANSWER!! I made a thread here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=598343 for changing the weather types to an EA world weather type. I figured out a method of making a package file with the INI files and color ramps then imported the package file into my world and it unpacked and found that the INI files and color ramps weren't marked as unknown and the weather changed successfully. I tried this method because when I put the color ramps and INI files in my world directly without making it into a package file and putting it in my world file and letting it unpack it didn't change the water color like they were supposed to. So maybe you need to open S3PE and open these files and make them into a package then let them unpack into your world file like I did for the weather to change properly. And simsample you will love this, after saving my world the INI files and color ramps weren't automatically deleted because they weren't marked as unknown.

The overall point I'm trying to get at here is if you want changes into your world open the files you want in your world in S3PE and make them into a package then put that package file in your world in S3PE and they will magically unpack in your world file and be marked as unknown and the results should show up. However I'm not sure if this will work for the ocean sounds I'm testing it now.
TUTORIAL:

Step 1: Click File>New.

Step 2: Click Resource>Import>From File then select the files you want in your world and click Open>Import and>Yes if it asks you yes or no. You can import as many files as you want.

Step 3: Click File>Save As and save it in the folder you want (I make a new folder to make it easier).

Step 4: Open your world by clicking File>Open>Libraries>Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3 Create A World Tool>Usertool Data>Worlds> then ____________.world.

Step 5: Click Resource>Import>From Package and open the package file you just made.

Step 6: Save if it will allow you to, if it doesn't then it saves automatically.
Test Subject
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 11:49 AM
UPDATE: I put those sounds into a package file in the space below. Now just back up your world and put this package in your world file and export it and see what happens. Extra: You can also easily get the Isla Paradiso water color and weather in my thread.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Ocean Sounds.zip (5.35 MB, 20 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 11:55 AM
OTHER POSIBILLITY!!: The ocean sounds might play depending on the INI files and color ramps you have in your world. Like how when it's raining rain sounds play so there might be an ocean section that is constant and constantly plays ocean noise. I have the Isla Paradiso Weather on my thread here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=598343 and the instructions on how to get it in your world without being deleted after saving your world in CAW.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 6:51 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JackC.
UPDATE: I put those sounds into a package file in the space below. Now just back up your world and put this package in your world file and export it and see what happens. Extra: You can also easily get the Isla Paradiso water color and weather in my thread.

I´ve put the package into my world and now my world is Isla Paradiso ( same name, same description, same world...)
Did I do the things wrong?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 1:30 PM
I tried again to put the Ocean Sounds.package into my world and now it isn't Isla Paradiso but the sounds don't play...