Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#201 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 4:02 PM
So I keep starting neighbourhoods with an initial idea, and I have no problem with building and making the terrain. But what I need are ideas for what kind of places these are going to be?

I'm currently playing an old neighbourhood of mine that is always cold and gloomy and very brick-industrial, and 'Hinterley' was to be a replacement for that one, but I ended up rebuilding the original. So now I have a semi-completed hood that really needs to have a different architecture style and climate- but what?

The island, Point Halane, needs some inspiration too- I envisioned it as being volcanic, but I want somewhere warm and sunny- without being too cliched.

If anyone has any ideas of websites or places where I can get inspiration from, please let me know!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#202 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 6:50 PM
For Point Halane, how about a Canary Island - Tenerife or Lanzarote? They have an interesting history and very varied geography and climate.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#203 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 7:33 PM
I posted these over in my Lansbury House thread (Creator Feedback) - they're shrunk down versions of the AL roof pieces and had to be remapped. I HATE REMAPPING. There is a small (slight) mismatch with the steel plates versions. They're nearly there though - I'm not going to attempt another edit of those for that because I HATE MAPPING. Just a couple of recolours to put together. They're meant to go over windows like this.

Did I mention I HATE MAPPING!
Screenshots

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#204 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 11:58 AM
I've been working on a cat collar, but I can't stop it from sticking out strangely in certain positions. I've tried everything I can think of. Is it worth uploading anyway?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#205 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 1:02 PM
Charity, are you sure you've assigned it to the correct joint(s)? If you have a look at the bone assignments for the original collar, you might see where it's gone wrong. Also make sure the comments are correct.

From how it looks like, the collar has been assigned to one bone, so it follows the cat when it walks around. When the cat turns its head, that bone doesn't follow the turn. I'm guessing perhaps the upper spine bone (or whatever they're called for cat skeletons). Maybe the head or neck bone (again, whatever they're called on cats) would be a better fit?
Mad Poster
#206 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 1:48 PM
I tried copying the bone assignments from a collar that worked, but it didn't fix it. As far as I know the comments are correct as well. I don't really understand bones, so I think I've just managed to reach the limits of my knowledge.
Mad Poster
#207 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 2:53 PM
I'll post over in your help topic
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#208 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 7:43 PM
OK so I thought I'd post this here instead of spamming all over the random pictures thread. This, @grammapat, is the finished cakestand (with other members of the tea set) plus the tea plate I made (a simple rescale of the saucer). I'm feeling smug about that cake stand, it was a bit of a bugger to get to work.

I'm just going to get it tested over in Creator Feedback because I can't quite believe I've done it right.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#209 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 8:07 PM Last edited by grammapat : 3rd Jan 2018 at 8:11 PM. Reason: important
Default and one more thing
oh oh how lovely! Makes me want to take up tea-drinking. Now if you could just add some finger sandwiches and sweets. Kidding - you can send them directly to ME. I'll be waiting for your download (drooling). And honey please, no lemon. Will there be options for the table cloth? I'm assuming the table & cloth are part of the set-?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#210 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 8:18 PM
No table is just one I have - the cakestand is here for testing if you want to try it out: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...839#post5323839

Mad Poster
#211 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 5:19 AM
I am just done finishing my Multi-PT mod. I started this a while ago, had created my 4 aliens...but could not finish it because I could not assign them new GUIDs!
I hope I won't come up as Alien-racist, but since only men can become pregnant with them (true right?) I decided to make 4 females.
Now that dear Quaxi fixed the GUID issue....meet PT 10, PT 22, PT 60 and PT b1, not necessarily in that order as I don't know which is which...

I did not go for beauty because..they are aliens, but I find them pretty anyway.
Bald and hairless but one would have red hair, 2 are brown and one is blond. (Just checked in SimPE as I could not remember)

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#212 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 7:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
but since only men can become pregnant with them (true right?)

True in an unmodded game, but many of us have mods to remove the alien sexism and allow anyone to get pregnant by aliens.
Mad Poster
#213 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 8:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
True in an unmodded game, but many of us have mods to remove the alien sexism and allow anyone to get pregnant by aliens.

oh...I should have known that. lol
Fine.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#214 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 1:45 PM
Then again, some of us like the Alien sexism in this case (probes for victory!!!!)

Mad Poster
#215 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 2:06 PM
I like it too. I don't regret a thing....

Mad Poster
#216 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 4:26 PM
Making some new walls for my beach-lot houses future build.
I had not enough walls in garish colors!
These will be the base ones, then I'll add some with left edges, right edges, top edges..etc.

Disclaimer : I do not know these non-Sims people.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#217 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 9:18 PM
One never has enough walls in garish colors - I love them. And they do excellently for beach lots.

Oh, now I had an idea for Gdayars contest.

No ... no, nope stick with what I've got I think.

Alchemist
#218 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 9:45 PM
kind of working on a 26-alien set.
the pre-made Pollination Technician plus the 25 in the attached picture.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#219 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 10:21 PM
*runs away screaming*
Seriously, I hope your project work! 26 different alien choice for a parent is..more than awesome.

Mad Poster
#220 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I don't regret a thing....

I did not mean to suggest that you should regret anything. I have no issue with female PTs impregnating my female sims. Or my male sims. It's like...whatever.
Mad Poster
#221 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 10:50 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 8th Feb 2018 at 6:52 PM.
I was just being funny! As in like..Pfff..I knew this and did on purpose!..while that was not true at all.

Regarding walls, I realized that I would certainly use CFE cheat while building my small beach houses, and that horizontal siding is a big no-no, to me anyway!
So, I had to go back into HomeCrafter and craft another set of 36 walls, but this time..cement! or ciment, if you speak french
I built a dummy-demo house to test them. You can barely see the crookedness and that was the point so me happy.

Mad Poster
#222 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 11:35 PM
I am SO glad. It took hours, but it finally worked.
My first windows! lol (well technically, I made one before but never could get the wall mask to work = gave up on it)
I wanted a smaller version of a tall Maxis one with shutters. That one was easy.
Then, I wanted that same smaller window, but on one tile....that one took hours. I could not get the shutter recolors to work as I wanted =
slave to Maxis recolors & accepting my CC recolors.
You can see a bit of shadow craziness at the top, that's the best I could do and I'm happy with it. From the inside of the house, you can pretend it's mold! How neat...

Tada!!! I'm so childish...

just a girl
#223 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 11:48 PM
So, where do you post your uploads, Rosebine?
Top Secret Researcher
#224 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 6:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
kind of working on a 26-alien set.
the pre-made Pollination Technician plus the 25 in the attached picture.

So does this mean that when a many men get pregnant by an alien the children won't be related? I hate it that those children are all half siblings.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
#225 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 12:30 PM
If he is making it as a multi-PT mod and he has 26 PT's in it, then yes. You'd have a choice of 26 different *Parent*
I made a 4 PT multi one. You can see their faces in post 211, if you scroll up a bit.
mdsb759 started a pretty interested thread about them here .

Page 9 of 22