Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 3:51 AM
The Takemizu Village Resort hotel has a swimming pool.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 5:56 PM
Thinking about this from the perspective of which sims take vacations and how they enjoy them, I've experimented a little with who goes and so on.

I once had a sim take a Twiikii holiday who had just gotten pregnant. That was AWFUL. She was exhausted all the time, spent most of the holiday in her room scarfing room service, and I was so worried about her needs I wouldn't let her go on any tours lol. Her partner had a blast though. He spent every night in the hot tub or the hammock, went on all the tours, ate at local restaurants and tried to learn the fire walk from the local beach bum. I had to laugh in the end because the poor girl came home no better for her holiday but her boyfriend had all the perks of a great vacation!

I've never taken children - or maybe I have, but most likely just the once. It's taken me a long time to learn how I wanted to play, but I'm reaaaaaaaally looking forward to redesigning the vacation hoods with child-friendly water parks, dog kennels, and more family activities. Lamare's pets and toddlers on vacation mod is also very exciting, since most people will take their toddlers with them when they go away on holiday (much the sorrow of all of us baby-free folk who weren't really expecting a screaming three-year old lol). I do want more things I can do with toddlers though and it's such a pain to have them banned from most things (maybe most of the Maxis team were childless as well loool). For them I'd do baby sections in the pools with wiggly sprinklers, toddler pools and sand boxes. You could expand it into 'kiddie mountain' and have a bunch of things for the under 13s all herded into one fenced in area so you don't find toddlers wandering about without supervision lol.

I'd summon small infants to the lot if I really wanted them all to be on holiday so that families with older and younger kids can still enjoy time away.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 9:57 PM
I can confidently say I've taken sims on vacations to all three destinations over the years, and I think Twikki Island has the most to offer. The beaches alone and all the interactions that come with them make it stand apart from both Takemizu Village and Three Lakes. Add in the hula dance (a plague unto my sims, always), fire dancing, pirate ships, and ancient ruins, and it's easily the one that draws the eye and the attention of the three, for me. Like Terula mentioned above, the vacation spots all seem to cater towards adults and elders, leaving very little for kids. Mind you, I've brought exactly one sim child on vacation before, but I think that's largely because I'm left with a sense of uncertainty when I think about having kids at most of the locations. At least Twikki Island has its beaches, where kids can play in the sand and swim in the ocean and hunt for shells just as well as their parents. The other spots seem to be lacking in that versatility.

My second favorite is Three Lakes. It seems to me that Three Lakes has the next best number of activities, though again, they're mostly geared towards adults. I'm a backpacker in real life, so the charm of being outdoors is immediately a draw. I love that my sims can camp out in tents, and I don't think I've ever made use of the lodges and hotels at Three Lakes because I think it's so lovely to watch the sims fish at the lake, duck inside the tent for a nap, then sit around a campfire. Three Lakes has my favorite custom food items -- the flapjacks especially. I like the log rolling and ax throwing activities, it's just -- again, not much for everyone to enjoy. I also can't justify sending any of my sims from Riverblossom Hills here because they basically fish and shoot the breeze in the wilderness every day already.

Now, I actually like all of the vacation spots, but I find Takemizu is my least favorite. I really enjoy the hot springs and spa, as well as the zen gardens and tea houses, but...that's basically all there is to do there. I sent a whole family there and they basically just stayed holed up inside their hotel, because I chose the one with a tea table in the main patio. I find myself at a loss for what to do in Takemizu just about every time a sim goes to visit, and I always choose the shortest vacation time when the sim wants to go on a Far East vacation, because there's just not much to see. Part of me wants to remodel the whole vacation hood and add in some more modern fixtures found in Japan like video arcades, karaoke bars, and sushi restaurants, but it can be kind of an overwhelming task to approach with the size of the place and the number of lots.

Every destination has its attractions. I guess it all just depends on the player and the personality of the sim who wants to go.

Sims 2 Story|My Tumblr|Donate
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Page 2 of 2