Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 2:52 PM
Default What musical Instruments do you love?
As the title asks, what musical instruments do you love playing, and why?

I'm currently playing in a hobby-like band (so we only play music for the locals). I'm currently playing the drums, it's actually very fun. 3 of my friends play in this band, we're having a lot of fun during some sessions.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 3:01 PM
That's really cool. What kind of music do you play?

I took some piano when I was younger and really loved it. If I had a piano, I would continue with that. Instead, I have a violin which I am in no way near mastering at all. I take lessons over the summer and then have good intentions in the fall, but pretty soon that fades away. My teacher, a talented young lady who used to be a student at the school where I work, is amazed at how much I remember from one summer to the next. Mostly she teaches me using classical and classical folk pieces (at a very very beginning level), but when I get around to it, I pluck out fiddle tunes that you hear at contra dances or that morris dancers would dance to.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
That's really cool. What kind of music do you play?

I took some piano when I was younger and really loved it. If I had a piano, I would continue with that. Instead, I have a violin which I am in no way near mastering at all. I take lessons over the summer and then have good intentions in the fall, but pretty soon that fades away. My teacher, a talented young lady who used to be a student at the school where I work, is amazed at how much I remember from one summer to the next. Mostly she teaches me using classical and classical folk pieces (at a very very beginning level), but when I get around to it, I pluck out fiddle tunes that you hear at contra dances or that morris dancers would dance to.

All sorts of genres ranging from rock to jazz.

Piano is really cool too. I hope you'll get a new one soon.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 8:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
I love the Oud. The instrument is similar to a guitar, in that it's a string acoustic, but with a more Mediterranean sounding twang that when played makes listeners feel like they're shrouded in an aura of mysterious wonder and intense curiosity.

My favourite instruments are the Oud, Violin, Synthesizer, Piano, Pungi, Bass, and Sitar. I never really liked the Guitar much oddly.

I know the Oud. That's great too.
Scholar
#5 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 6:30 PM
Hm... I wonder? =P

My main instrument is currently the oboe, but as my username says I also love the bassoon. I've been playing the oboe for nearly two years and the bassoon for over ten.

I also like playing the saxophone, although I'm not really proficient at it as I've never took the time to actually learn it. The same goes for the bass clarinet. I got my bass clarinet right before I got inspired to learn the oboe, so that's what happened there.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 10:17 AM
Piano, keyboard and keytar. My first successful riff was the opening riff to Deep Purple's Smoke on the Water.

My schooling didn't include how to read music notes. You had to join the orchestra for more information. It was bad enough I smelled like death, but "Death Plays the Tuba" would be enough to get me ostracized even further. I actually learned with the help of stickers on a keyboard after graduation.

Seriously, the Grim Reaper is a lousy band geek.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 12:22 PM
Default ._.
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
Piano, keyboard and keytar. My first successful riff was the opening riff to Deep Purple's Smoke on the Water.

My schooling didn't include how to read music notes. You had to join the orchestra for more information. It was bad enough I smelled like death, but "Death Plays the Tuba" would be enough to get me ostracized even further. I actually learned with the help of stickers on a keyboard after graduation.

Seriously, the Grim Reaper is a lousy band geek.

Reaper is a stupid musician confirmed!
Alchemist
#8 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 1:53 AM
E-guitar and bass are 2 I love.
This is lovely too.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#9 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
E-guitar and bass are 2 I love.
This is lovely too.

Funny.
Test Subject
#10 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 11:51 AM
I love to play with piano that my mother gifted me at my last birthday. She bought that piano for me through musical instruments coupons . I have also created some musical themes by practicing on the piano. Sometimes it really feels amazing to playing with music & to creating something new.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sandrajohn
I love to play with piano that my mother gifted me at my last birthday. She bought that piano for me through musical instruments coupons . I have also created some musical themes by practicing on the piano. Sometimes it really feels amazing to playing with music & to creating something new.

Same here.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 9:15 PM
My favorite musical instrument is the guitar. I learned it when I was a teenager, and wanted to be a singer, but gave that up to be a poet. As a result, I have not played the guitar in several years, but think of going back to it from time to time, this time to play classical pieces on it.
Space Pony
#13 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 11:50 AM
Mayonnaise

Dag-Dag
Space Pony
#14 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 9:08 AM
Who Is Putting Disagree On Everything?!!? Be Gone Troll!!

Dag-Dag
Test Subject
#15 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 9:01 AM
Guitar is awesome and my favorite musical instrument. It's known one of the most elegant and flexible instruments in the world. Alway I like to play classical on my guitar. Last week I have purchased Fender classic series 72 telecaster deluxe electric guitar from here to perform music show on my brother's birthday party.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 11:35 AM
When I was in Grade 6, I used to play the tuba. It was pretty hard at first but I eventually got the hang of it. The only annoying thing was at our school the music room was so far away from our classrooms, I had to carry it on a trolley since it was so heavy lol.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 2:23 PM
I played the piano for a few years back in my teens, but have forgotten most of it now. I tend to prefer piano and aucustic guitar as instruments, but I'm not too picky as long as the melody is good.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 7:07 PM
I do have an affinity for traditional Japanese instruments like the taiko (it's a giant drum, once used in emergencies long ago, now played as summer festivals' music.), the shakuhachi (a woodwind in similar shape of a recorder, the leading man who is an adept master of this instrument's dying art is not even Japanese. His name is Cornelius Boots. This was part of a kerfuffle of accusations that it wasn't politically correct, which was called out by those who knew Boots' qualifications.) Finally, the shamisen (It's like banjo for dummies. It has just 3 strings. The construct of the shamisen is easy enough for anyone, even those who are blind or unable to carry a tune to play and it's rendered as music.)

As much I would go into detail about my synthesizer obsession as I remember the synthesizer brands and models used in the first 20 hits Erasure released, some were phased out\discontinued at the time the compilation was first released and maybe more were phased out\discontinued since 1992.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Field Researcher
#19 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 3:59 AM
I'm a brass player. Been playing trumpet, trombone, flugelhorn, French horn, euphonium, baritone and bass trombone for nigh on 30 years now. I started piano when I was 3 or 4, so that's 40 years under the belt. I also play synth, theatre organ, (I have a 1977 Conn Theatrette 580 in white and gold), bass guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, and two or three different kinds of accordion (piano and button concertina). I think I have issues, LOL! I also sing - I come from a family that was very musically inclined, so a lot of us play or played many instruments. Except my dad. He can't carry a tune in a bucket if the tune and bucket were provided and handed to him. XD

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Mad Poster
#20 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickenMadam
I'm a brass player. Been playing trumpet, trombone, flugelhorn, French horn, euphonium, baritone and bass trombone for nigh on 30 years now. I started piano when I was 3 or 4, so that's 40 years under the belt. I also play synth, theatre organ, (I have a 1977 Conn Theatrette 580 in white and gold), bass guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, and two or three different kinds of accordion (piano and button concertina). I think I have issues, LOL! I also sing - I come from a family that was very musically inclined, so a lot of us play or played many instruments. Except my dad. He can't carry a tune in a bucket if the tune and bucket were provided and handed to him. XD

My mother is tone deaf and is unaware of the destruction. My father can try, but it's marginally better. Since I do vocalizations as practice and provided the music in the background doesn't force me to scream or force a projection of my voice that makes it hoarse, I do substantially better. I'm a fluke. Got a recessive in vocals between them.

Test Subject
#21 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 3:39 PM
Omg... :lovestruc Guitar is my love... The guitar was my weapon, my shield to hide behind.

Image credit: PngJoy
Test Subject
#22 Old 9th Oct 2019 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dijohn
Omg... :lovestruc Guitar is my love... The guitar was my weapon, my shield to hide behind.
google street view

Image credit: PngJoy

Guitar too. The amount of different tones you can get from 6 strings with different tunings and different woods is amazing to me. I do play guitar.
Theorist
#23 Old 9th Oct 2019 at 7:00 PM
Harpsichord, flute are great but I can't play. I tried keyboard but I don't have the dedication to practice. I love music but alas, can't make it.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Test Subject
#24 Old 24th Oct 2019 at 5:48 PM
I love & play at piano