Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#101 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 10:01 PM
I'm still pushing for a thanks button next to each download on the "My Downloads" tread. I would love to thank all the creators who's creations I've downloaded, but that's over 120 creations, and frankly I don't have time to go though that many threads (again, as much as I would like to) individually. I know I'm not the only one with huge download sprees, so this would be very helpful.

Common sense is one of nature's great ironies... It turns out common sense isn't so common.

Please see my new journal for news on my mods as well as requests.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#102 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 10:07 PM
^That would be a huge help^

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#103 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 12:39 AM
I do not feel there is too much that needs to be changed. MTS is one of the easiest sites to navigate in and download from, especially since bootstrap. The search engine could use some tweaking though but know THAT particular arena is complex. As far as descriptions of the products. After reading so many posts in forums here and elsewhere it seems the more you document, the less that will be read. I feel sorry for creators and modders having to continuously respond to questions they clearly answered in their documentation. With regards to patch updates, it might be useful though if the mod owner had a separate thread listing their mods and indicating "UPDATED" or something of that nature.

And the Thank Yous... I have no problem clicking one button for each download, no matter how many. You've taken the time to create and share it...I can take a second to say thank you
Not actually evil.
#104 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 12:42 AM
The member name search is very helpful, but could use a tweak. If I search for "Shameless", I get a user named "shameless" when what I really wanted to find was a creator named "Shameless Plug". Please list all names that start with "shameless" or "Shameless" and/or let me narrow the search to creators only. I ask because I want to credit people for their stuff in my screenshots, and I don't always remembers to keep the link in a text file.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 30th Oct 2013 at 9:05 AM
Upon seeing the Happy Thanks-Clicking thanks drive I decided to go back to my downloads and thank as many as I could. I think this process could be quicker if the My Downloads page ran smoother. Everytime I went to a download thread and thanked it and then went back to My Downloads page, it went back to the first page and reloaded again instead of going back to where I was. Is there any way to make it work like the download search page where when you go back from a thread you're viewing it goes back to the actual page you're on and not the start? I hope that makes sense Also is there a way to put a quick thanks button on this My Downloads page so, if like me, you have a lot of downloads you don't have to go back to every single upload thread to say thanks? These are my thoughts
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#106 Old 30th Oct 2013 at 9:27 AM
Zenomia, try right-clicking on each listed download, and open in new tab. Thank, then close that tab and repeat with next.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#107 Old 30th Oct 2013 at 4:00 PM
search and xheck: make sure that every now and then you check what is compatible with which patch and tag it, so there can be a search by patch. in the search bar (and not in the downloader's proofile.) so that there are no question of "does anyone know is this compatible with ..?" "is it safe?" etc. and if the uploader is inactive for long but his creation could or could not still be ok, then someone should bother testing it... and as I read above, yes, some obligatory fields when uploading, especially with mods.

Hoard - Collect - File - Index
Catalog-Preserve-Amass-Index
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#108 Old 30th Oct 2013 at 5:01 PM
Adding the ability to search or filter by patch version is a good idea, we'll consider that. Unfortunately, it's up to creators to test their mods for compatibility with new patches - if they choose not to do so, there's nothing much that we can do about that.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Banned
#109 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 7:21 PM
Default Great!
Currently, MTS is great.
Test Subject
#110 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 3:31 AM
Default Removed content
Quote: Originally posted by Coley-Stars
And, again I don't know whether it's just me, but sometimes when I've been searching I see something but possibly don't download it for whatever reason and when I go back to it it may not always be there? Maybe, that's not a website thing though but creators removing their stuff?

Would it be difficult to have a withdrawal system? I respect that creators are able to remove their content, but perhaps a notice that the download was removed... perhaps: withdrawn to alternate site; withdrawn and no longer offered, something like that?
Test Subject
#111 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Adding the ability to search or filter by patch version is a good idea, we'll consider that. Unfortunately, it's up to creators to test their mods for compatibility with new patches - if they choose not to do so, there's nothing much that we can do about that.

i was hoping for something like the users giving a button-feedback ,not as a thank you or a comment, but more like, "works with patch.." so that the outdated and neglected downloads are clearer to us. Some of us will bother do the dirty work I'm sure, as long as there is this option!

Hoard - Collect - File - Index
Catalog-Preserve-Amass-Index
Test Subject
#112 Old 13th Nov 2013 at 4:24 AM Last edited by jessim : 13th Nov 2013 at 4:36 AM. Reason: clarification
Default Did not see other people's similar comments (hit quick reply from the top page)
I would just like to see our search results toned down in size a bit (huge photos/description tiles ).

I do love the way I don't have to reload the entire page after I click a result to [for instance] switch back and forth between viewing the description vs. download link vs. comments.. keep that.

I would also like to see some of the mods that are not compatible with the newest patch put in a [separate] search area until verified to be working with the current patch. Perhaps make search results AUTO-ORGANIZED by date uploaded , but then have other options besides that, something to help with relevancy for results.

Maybe knowing that their objects will become irrelevant will keep creators on top of things.
Test Subject
#113 Old 17th Nov 2013 at 9:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Put aside everything that MTS is now, and ignore entirely the way we do things at the moment.

Now, imagine the ultimate site for downloading custom content. How would it function? What features would it have? What would it feel like to use? Are there sites (not just for Sims, but for other games, or even just downloading in general) that already do things in a way that you like? Are there features and aspects we currently have that you think would work better if we just changed them in a certain way? Or things we do now that you think are wrongity wrong and should be thrown out?

Tell us what you think - even if it's complaints - as long as you're reasonably courteous. If you are someone who downloads custom content for TS2/TS3, we really want to hear from you! Small ideas, big ideas, and everything in between, we want to know your thoughts and feelings, so we can make MTS the best site it can be!

(And if you're a creator AND a downloader, please chime in on the other thread too!)

For me, it would be a shopping cart-esque interface that allows me to download everything in one click. This site works great outside of having to leave the description to click "files", but it's no biggie.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#114 Old 17th Nov 2013 at 12:23 PM
Hmm. D'you mean so you could queue up files from multiple downloads and then download them all at once? Or something else?

Test Subject
#115 Old 21st Nov 2013 at 6:34 AM
The open formatting of the site, without closed edges and central compartments to focus your attention, makes it much harder to holistically search through download pages, and harder to figure out what you are looking at. It also apparently means that less information can be displayed on the screen at once, as there need to be extra white spaces between every element.

Concise and compact visual information with apparent grouping (i.e. the results are in one dark box, the navigation another) with easily accessible and visible navigation tools make a good download site.
Mad Poster
#116 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 3:35 PM
I would love to see a requirement for the Sim-section to provide a photo of the Sim with no CC.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#117 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 12:11 PM
The problem with that is that many sims really do need that CC to look as they should, and the sim is intended to be used with CC. That's the "creator's vision" for the sim. I'm not super fond of, say, celeb sims that really don't look much like the celeb once you take off the skin/face detailing/etc., as they don't "breed true" but if they look okay with it, then, well, that's alright. As it is, we have a pretty hard time getting sim creators to include the very basic pics we require without adding more requirements. You are, of course, welcome to suggest it on uploads to creators though - i.e. "Hey, nice sim, though I'd love to see a pic added that shows what they look like without CC." But as a creator, it's not something I would do for my celeb sims, and for TS3 it may actually be impossible (removing custom sliders = broken sim face that looks nothing like intended).

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#118 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 7:14 PM
I think that's a matter of preference. I like to see what I get without all the nose masks and eye details that creators love to load on, because I'm not going to clutter my downloads with fifteen things used in one sim. In the end, having a CC-free image should not have any kind of negative effect on those wanting the CC, and it'd be very helpful to those of us out there that like to pick our own CC.

I hear you on Sims 3, sounds like it'd have to be a Sims 2 specific requirement. As for added work for creator, how hard is it really? To upload it you need to package it, so it ought to be in bodyshop. All you'd need to do is open it up, strip the CC and take a new screenshot.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#119 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 7:38 PM
Well, to me it is optional. I would not be that keen to go out on the street without my "warpaint" so I don't see why my sims should. I think if the creator shows the upload no cc then that shows a confidence in their sculpt and they can choose to do so, just like you as downloader can choose to download.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Instructor
#120 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 7:48 PM
I'd like to see a no-cc picture, for Sims 2 sims at least, "suggested but not required". So maybe it is suggested in the rubrics or guidelines but not having one won't get an upload rejected. For me, personally, when I download sims I tend to delete all the CC that they come with because I only download for the facial sculpts, not the content they come with.

Unrelated, but would it be possible to make the search results more "broad", I guess would be the right term? For example, if I search the downloads for the word "pose" I only get results with downloads that have the exact word "pose" in the title, and something like "poses" is excluded. Would be nice to get results of all downloads that contain the word somewhere in any part of the title, not just the exact word on its own.

my tumblr - sim pics and downloads
my dreamwidth - ts2 downloads
linkdecrypter - bypass adfly and other harmful pay per click download link hiders
Mad Poster
#121 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 8:24 PM
I respect that you two might not agree, but then again, I know I'm not the only one out there that thinks it'd be nice to see what you get without the CC, since I know I won't keep it. I figured it might be worth looking in to if it's something the downloaders want, since that's what this thread is about To me, the guidelines should be a way for creators to make their creations as appealing as possible, and this is a way to make Sims more interesting for a wider audience.

But I'll drop it. I've posted what I wanted, and either it happens or it doesn't
Mad Poster
#122 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 12:05 PM
I miss the old MTS. There are so many downloads now where I don't feel I get to see the thing properly, and end up just ignoring it because "Oh well, can barely see what it is".

I understand wanting to make it easier for people to upload, but MTS doesn't feel like MTS any more. Just my two cents.

And yes, I know that you can report downloads that are missing things, but every time I want to I (as requested) consult the creators guidelines first, and whatever it is I wish was included is no longer required, or is not as important.
Test Subject
#123 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 5:54 PM
Default Ideal changes for this site
I am a downloader, but not a creator. I have watched the site for a while. There may be a few avenues that could stand a bit of spit and polish.
1. I hate the look and feel. Sims 3 is very modern and innovative, but when I step into this site, I just went back in time to 1993.
2. The design needs a lot of love and attention... use a WordPress template.
3. A cms like WordPress could fix everything and it runs on php just like this site, with databases bulit-in/easily connected
4. They have plenty of tested plug-ins for security
5. Just find a nice design layout and don't jack with it too much
6. 20% of the web is powered by WordPress, so give it a try
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#124 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 8:24 PM

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#125 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 8:42 PM
Are you being paid by Wordpress? Because if so, they totally need to give you better training on what Wordpress is before they send you out into the world of sales.

Page 5 of 6