Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 11:32 PM
Default A proper basement tool with World Adventures!
This is quoted from an IGN article about it:

Quote:
Another piece of good news for house designers is a brand-new basement tool that will finally make basement making about a billion times easier than it is currently. With it, you can create basements up to four stories deep that cover the entire breadth of a lot.

I hope this means:

1. We don't have to have foundation above it and it can go underground.
2. We can build then right next to the corners of a house, instead of 1 square in.

I'm really looking forward to seeing/hearing more about this.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 11:35 PM
SERIOUSLY!?!?!?!?!? *faints* Finally, EA gets smart! :D
Mad Poster
#3 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 11:35 PM
I hope it's true!
I want basements!!

Oh, hi, how are you holding up?
Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 1:37 AM
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#5 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 5:25 PM
I already tought it was easy enough but, this is cool too :D

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#6 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 3:49 AM
hmmm, "...four stories deep...." : does it mean 9-level buildings or 1-level house with 4 underground...

this is why the base game has such crappy building tools...everything to be improved in EPs (well, like I should expect better from EAxis after all this years, right?)
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 12:07 PM
I hope it means true basements, as in, with soil over them.

Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
hmmm, "...four stories deep...." : does it mean 9-level buildings or 1-level house with 4 underground...

this is why the base game has such crappy building tools...everything to be improved in EPs (well, like I should expect better from EAxis after all this years, right?)

Yeah I bet it will take them a couple of EP's to give us recolorable stairs and fences, more pool options, half walls, proper stair options, individually colorable roofs, and whatever else they skimped on.
Test Subject
#8 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 5:01 PM
Hopefully there will be more options for building as with Sims2. I would of thought with all the technology available now there would of been more options. When will we get Pets? Vampires? Witches and such?? Make this game more interesting, It gets boring after a while. Does anyone know if you will ever be able to create your own neighborhood or Add empty lots, The towns are huge and so much room, But can not place empty lots at all. Only delete what is there and rebuild. Gets boring after a while
Test Subject
#9 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 5:16 PM
took them quite long to make this tool, atleast it makes it easier for us now! xD
Test Subject
#10 Old 28th Aug 2009 at 6:28 AM
Thank GOD. Making a basement right now even before sucked.. LOL and trying make a walk out basement did too.. Now if only they could make sprial star casing easier too!! that would be a blessing.