Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 11:09 AM
Default Scripting: How to make interactions possible only if the Actor and the Target have the same moodlet?
Well, here I am modding again. Only problem is that I really, don't know how to code... So...
(not really the best thing really, is it bk?)
As the title says, I want to make sim to sim interactions only possible if both the target and the actor both have the same certain moodlet which I am working on.
Any ideas? Maybe... tried searching around and nothing seems to fit the bill.

p.s. mts staff i seem to have a habit of posting in the wrong spot so please move this thread if it is in the wrong place

p.p.s as a side note how would you enable / disable motives?

p.p.p.s and also how to make sim to sim interactions disappear if sims dont have the same moodlet, i.e one has it but one doesnt

Hello? Nice to meet you. I'm a rather small Sims 2 modder that well, mods (And seems to post a lot on the forums with seemingly with a lot of posts. Or maybe just around 60 but who cares idk how to count well actually I do but that's a story for myself.)

Check out my creations Here!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BkajnlConcepts
Well, here I am modding again. Only problem is that I really, don't know how to code... So...
(not really the best thing really, is it bk?)
As the title says, I want to make sim to sim interactions only possible if both the target and the actor both have the same certain moodlet which I am working on.
Any ideas? Maybe... tried searching around and nothing seems to fit the bill.

p.s. mts staff i seem to have a habit of posting in the wrong spot so please move this thread if it is in the wrong place

p.p.p.s and also how to make sim to sim interactions disappear if sims dont have the same moodlet, i.e one has it but one doesnt

You'll need script modding for that. Script modding means code. Interactions have a test condition which you can use to check if an actor or target uses the same moodlet. To learn script modding check this tutorial first http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...ripting_Modding and then this one for creating interactions http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=491875 My own mod adds interaction and checks for moodlets, you can look at it's code to learn http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=597392 . Hope that helps

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#3 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 6:15 PM

If you are talking about all the motives, you can temporarily make them static by entering the cheat "TestingCheatsEnabled True" and after that, shift click on the mail box and select make needs static.

You might also want to take a look at Xml and tuning mods, they have some things to do with moodlets, as well as motives and skills. Or I might be completely wrong and you'll need to do a script mod like what PuddingFace suggested.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Field Researcher
#4 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 8:14 PM
As far as I know tuning Mods do not have fields for moodlets in them. If I am wrong correct and write me a PM in all caps please, because I looked for it and could not find it.
Trainee Moderator
#5 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyTheSnowcat
As far as I know tuning Mods do not have fields for moodlets in them. If I am wrong correct and write me a PM in all caps please, because I looked for it and could not find it.

I did however see, a moodlet/buff in some XML files, not sure how to edit them, but you might be able to add a moodlet to them. I'm not PM-ing you in case I'm wrong

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 11:41 PM Last edited by BkajnlConcepts : 19th Sep 2018 at 1:08 PM.
Woah, err... that was a lot more replies than I thought I'd get... Thank you all.
I am trying to make a scripting mod. So.. here I go.

Quote: Originally posted by PuddingFace
Interactions have a test condition which you can use to check if an actor or target uses the same moodlet. To learn script modding check this tutorial first http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...ripting_Modding and then this one for creating interactions http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=491875 My own mod adds interaction and checks for moodlets, you can look at it's code to learn http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=597392 . Hope that helps

Thank you!

Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
If you are talking about all the motives, you can temporarily make them static by entering the cheat "TestingCheatsEnabled True" and after that, shift click on the mail box and select make needs static.

You might also want to take a look at Xml and tuning mods, they have some things to do with moodlets, as well as motives and skills. Or I might be completely wrong and you'll need to do a script mod like what PuddingFace suggested.

I was talking about certain motives like if you had the certain moodlet. Can they be edited by XML Tuning mods? That is interesting if so.

Quote: Originally posted by KittyTheSnowCat

Tuning mods do have some functionality with moodlets. All the bg and ep moodlets come in one giant XML file in which you can change where the descriptions, icons link etc as well as whether it is permanent, how long it lasts and the mood boost it gives.

So thank you everyone, shall edit this post once I get somewhere (or make a mistake... (I am prone at doing this...) Thank you again!)

EDIT: That was quick but I couldn't find anything... ( i really have no clue what I'm looking for )

EDIT 2: Let me give some more details on what I want to achieve:

I want to make interactions possible if both sims have the same moodlet. This is a certain moodlet, let's call it MoodletA. If the Actor (controlled sim) and the Target (clicked on sim) have MoodletA, unique interactions pop up because of that moodlet. Let's call these interactions GroupA

If, let's say the Actor has MoodletA but the Target doesn't, Group A doesn't show up but a different, Group B shows with it's own interactions, while blocking all normal interactions, and vise versa.

If neither sim has the moodlet then no special interactions show up and regular interactions will appear.

With the motives, if any sim has MoodletA then certain motives of their's are boosted to full but wont come down, while others drain as normal.

Hope this makes it clear what I want to do with this scripting mod.

Hello? Nice to meet you. I'm a rather small Sims 2 modder that well, mods (And seems to post a lot on the forums with seemingly with a lot of posts. Or maybe just around 60 but who cares idk how to count well actually I do but that's a story for myself.)

Check out my creations Here!
Trainee Moderator
#7 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 3:24 PM
I was talking about certain motives like if you had the certain moodlet. Can they be edited by XML Tuning mods? That is interesting if so.

Yes, in some ways, you can make it so certain interactions make it so a motive goes up, like in this example:

<Change type="Social" advertised="50" locked="True" actual="50" updateType="ImmediateDelta" timeDependsOn="False" updateEvenOnFailure="False" updateAboveAndBelowZero="Either" />

That will make the social motive go up about, 25% or around there, as far as I know if you want an interaction to completely fill up a motive when it's done, you can change the advertised number to either 200 or 250.
You edit these in ITUN files btw

Field Researcher
#8 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 3:36 PM
Yes there are XML files that have some moddlet properties in them. What I meant was that the tuning files for interactions (ITUNs) Do not have any advertisment about moodlets in them.. I wanted to make certain interactions to be more likely if my Sims had certain moodlets but that does not seem to work^^
What you are describing Can be done with a script Mod. Each interaction has a part were it checks if it should be available. But learning to code takes a bit of time, it can be very rewarding though I recently started to mess around with scriptmods and it is a lot of fun. Check out the scripting tutorials and since you want to do a social interaction (Sims to Sims) then check out the social interaction tutorials and decompile lots of Mods of people who have done something similar.
Scholar
#9 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 7:19 PM
From what I understand about tuning mods. They don't deal with traits or moodlets. They deal with commoditykinds. Some traits have commoditykinds and some moodlets have them too. But this only affects autonomy in ITUN modding. Being a firemen or repairemen or maid or bonehilda or alien mind controlled have their own commodity kinds which determine their autonomy. Some traits have their own commodity kind that affects autonomy. You can add the commodity kind of a trait through a moddlet too. So that moodlet will behave temporarily like the Sims has that trait.
What the OP is asking will require a script mod however.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr