Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 7:35 PM Last edited by Delphy : 2nd Jan 2010 at 7:50 PM.
Default A Call to Wiki: Sims 3 Content List
With the ever growing amount of custom content for The Sims 3, a new Content List has been started for the game.

The Content List acts as a Table of Contents for custom content - not just from MTS but from all around the community - if you're looking for something in particular in whatever theme, it helps you find it.

The lists can be accessed by anyone, and content can be added by any registered users on the Sims Wiki. We've started adding links to good custom content, but the list so far is only a tiny portion of the excellent content available which is why we need your help! There are several sections that are sparsely populated, and some are lacking content entirely.

Here are few things that need to be worked on:

Need content for...
Animal
Crime, Punishment, and Public Service
Decorating Themes
Patterns
School
Need a list of good quality clothing sites...

How to Help:

1. Register a SimsWiki Account, and login to Sims Wiki. This will allow you to edit pages.

2. Visit the Sims 3 Content List on Sims Wiki directly. You can also get to this page on the wiki by going to (Game Select > Sims 3 > Sims 3 Content List).

3. Choose the section/subsection you'd like to add content for.

4. Click the "edit" tab either at the top of the page, or under the section header. Here you can make your additions.

When Linking:

If you would like to help add links to the wiki and/or fix broken links, the links should look similar to this:
:Name of Item by [www.url.com| at (Site Name)]
It doesn't *have* to be in alphabetical order or anything, but please be mindful of where you stick an item. A window download, should not just be stuck under Building. It should go in the Building section under the Windows subsection.

When adding pay or adult content:

- Mark adult content with (18+) - please note that listing purely adult content on the Content List is not allowed - the 18+ marker is for items on sites that may also have adult content.

- Mark pay items with ($$$)

Please do NOT:

Delete anything - categories, sub-categories, pages, pictures, links, etc.

Add any new categories or pages - if you feel a new category or page should be created, please post here and staff will add it if need be.

Vandalize or use profanity - do not post any rude comments, put down other people's content, or use vulgar language in any way.

Use the Content List for advertising - posting only your own creations or items solely from a site you post at is not allowed.

Remember, please only add quality items! Pick a section you're interested in and add your favourite links - the more people we have helping out, the more different styles and tastes we'll cover!

Thanks, good luck, and feel free to ask questions!
9 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 7:30 PM
Sounds nice. I enjoy wiki work. However, I'll have to consider it possibly for some time in January.

You can find me on the Sims 4 Gallery as DozerfleetProd. If you have XBox One or PS4, please test out my creations, and let me know if / how well they work on consoles.
Test Subject
#3 Old 25th Dec 2009 at 3:18 PM
Thank you. I have needed something like this.
Alchemist
#4 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 10:08 PM
I'll also be glad to help with what I can.

Everything sucks, until it doesn't.
Test Subject
#5 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 2:28 AM
idea: Sometimes, I don't feel like registering with a site just to download that one object (yeah, I'm feeling lazy sometimes, also speaking for any noobs out there). Perhaps a marker denoting registration mandatory?
Test Subject
#6 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 2:54 AM
What are the procedures for broken links?

The domain http://www.toolregame.com has been gone for at least a few days now, which has caused a bunch of the links (such as the entire "Piercings by Melissa Mel" section) to go dead.

Also, have you considered creating a template for linking? They're pretty simple to make, not to mention great for ease of use and make it so that if you happen to change the linking format in the future you only have to change the template and everything else changes too.
Test Subject
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 2:53 AM
Thanks buddy

You did really nice job i was also something worry about
Decorating Themes
Patterns
School

Which you already request there so i hope that it will be very helpful for every one.

Thanks.
Test Subject
#8 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 1:33 PM
this is really a nice website and i found some useful and informative material on it.
thanks