Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 3:56 PM Last edited by KuraiNekoMT13 : 18th Aug 2018 at 4:19 PM.
Sims 4 "Not Responding" when it was working fine before.
I am getting extremely frustrated right now, I have f*cking had it up to here with anything I try not working and the game having it's little hissy fit not wanted to work. I have tried things EA suggest, I have tried the long and f*cking painful process of running with no CC and then adding crap back little by little, and I have tried using the Mod Conflict Detector and of course it does not help at all. I have had it, I am sick and tired of not being able to play my game and enjoy the sims 4 without having to deal with this bullsh*t. I have not added any new Mods since this issue has been going on and it already had it's little update episode where it worked fine so the update is not the case. Please if anyone can give me a non-painfully long solution to fix it than help! (i.e Telling me to play without CC or to remove all the CC and try repairing it which I did in fact already try.)

I have tried the following to fix this crap and had no success.

-Removing all things in the mod folder and running clean, than adding things back little by little deleting the suspected culprits that made the game start with the "Not Responding" bullcrap. Even after these things were removed it was still having problems.

-Using the Mod Conflict detector to find possible broken game files that could be screwing with the game. Even after deleted some of the things which it said was conflict that I know I did not have in there back when the game was running smoothly it still was having a little hissy fit and did not want to work.

-Clearing possible corrupted/corruptable files by deleting localthumbcache.package, the onlinethumbnailcache Folder, and everything in the cachestr Folder. This did not fix anything at all.

-I did all the following things suggested in these articles https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical...ot/td-p/4455550 and https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical...ot/td-p/3441737, neither of those things worked for me.

The odd thing is when I was going through the troubleshooting with moving all the mods to a folder on my Desktop and then adding them little by little everything was running fine up until my folder for Garden based CC and of course I naturally deleted that since that seemed to be the issue due to the fact that before I had added that folder back it was working fine with the previous folders and mods. Yet even after I deleted the folder that made it once again do the "Not Responding" crap, it was still giving me problems.

Walk through of what happens for a better idea of my situation:

1. I click the desktop shortcut to play sims 4 (Did not matter if I started it via Origin or through the shortcut, since I did check that as a troubleshooting step.)

2. Origin opens up and it starts Sims 4 for me, the process takes about 4 seconds for the game to actually come up.

3. The game plays through it's Maxis intro with the EA, Maxis, and Sims 4 logos.

4. It gets stoped on the Sims 4 logo and takes about 7 seconds to run again, upon the loading screen right before it is supposed to take you to main menu.

5. It starts with the "Not Responding" crap and the screen gets a white overlay just like most windows when they have this "Not Responding" tantrum.

6. Screen flashes like it is going to start working again but instead goes to a plain white or plain black screen and starts "Not Responding" again.

There is clearly something wrong here, but I am not sure what. I have tried everything within my knowledge to stop this shit from happening yet I have had no luck, so now I turn to the community for help hoping that we can get this fixed if we worked together. I really want to play my Sims 4 game, I just got two new game packs, and I have not even gotten to try out the Cats and Dogs features yet, so at this point I honestly feel like crying because I am so frustrated right now and angry about the issue.

On a side note I can not enjoy the game without my CC and Mods so sorry to break it to you, but playing it while running clean will not work for me, in my mind if I have to play it without my CC and mods I may as well not play it all. So please do not suggest to me to run clean and play it like that. I want a fix so that I can happily play it without going through the whole running clean crap since I have already tried that and it did not fix a thing. Thank you in advanced and please help me!
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 4:03 PM
That folder that begins with all the exclaims, is it having trouble with that?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
That folder that begins with all the exclaims, is it having trouble with that?

No it was working fine with that one, though that folder was one of my guesses for the problem, turns out thankfully that one was not the problem. I seriously don't know what the problem is at this point.
Scholar
#4 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 5:29 PM
1. When did it start happening?
2. Did it help when you took out all of your mods?
3. Did you update any mods or batch fixed any cc?
4. Do you have MCCC last version?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
1. When did it start happening?
2. Did it help when you took out all of your mods?
3. Did you update any mods or batch fixed any cc?
4. Do you have MCCC last version?

Actually for some reason it is working now, I am unsure why though. I did not do anything else or make anymore changes. At least it is working though!
Forum Resident
#6 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 5:51 PM
As someone who truly feels your pain, I have tested and tested and tested hours of mods. You have an odd problem that I have not seen before.
1. You should have a script mods folder. As organized as you are, I am surprised you don't have one. Why? Script mods are generally the ones that need to be updated as EA fine tunes and tweaks with patches and updates. They can be the ones that cause the most issues. Sacrificial's Road to fame was causing my game to crash this time around. They added sliding doors, so that needs to come out of the game now. Having script mods you can easily take out to test everything else is helpful.

2. Are you absolutely sure you don't have a sims 3 package hiding in there somewhere? One would be enough to cause your game to get weird. Yes, it has happened to me - my game will load and then stop, and sure enough, it was because of that. Checking dates quickly (anything before 9.15.2014 will probably be an issue).

3. Make sure MCCC and WW are updated. Not updating those can cause your game to not load, although MCCC hasn't needed to be updated with this patch.
Aaaaand. that your animations are all up to date and you have no rigs that can conflict. I don't use WW anymore so that is all the info I have on that.

4. Go through your folders and make sure files are where they are supposed to be. Yes, I have done this, accidentally put saves in my tray folder - it won't kill your game (it shouldn't) but it can make it weird.

5. You have no unzipped python files, you don't have pictures or html files or anything else in your mods folder? I have helped a person (numerous times) and they put the weirdest stuff in those folders - they do not belong there. Python files remain zipped. Only package files, S4script files and text files that are needed to configure some of those script files.

On the computer side:
Have you updated your graphics drivers? Tweaked your 3-d options for optimum performance for this game?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chicvibe
As someone who truly feels your pain, I have tested and tested and tested hours of mods. You have an odd problem that I have not seen before.
1. You should have a script mods folder. As organized as you are, I am surprised you don't have one. Why? Script mods are generally the ones that need to be updated as EA fine tunes and tweaks with patches and updates. They can be the ones that cause the most issues. Sacrificial's Road to fame was causing my game to crash this time around. They added sliding doors, so that needs to come out of the game now. Having script mods you can easily take out to test everything else is helpful.

2. Are you absolutely sure you don't have a sims 3 package hiding in there somewhere? One would be enough to cause your game to get weird. Yes, it has happened to me - my game will load and then stop, and sure enough, it was because of that. Checking dates quickly (anything before 9.15.2014 will probably be an issue).

3. Make sure MCCC and WW are updated. Not updating those can cause your game to not load, although MCCC hasn't needed to be updated with this patch.
Aaaaand. that your animations are all up to date and you have no rigs that can conflict. I don't use WW anymore so that is all the info I have on that.

4. Go through your folders and make sure files are where they are supposed to be. Yes, I have done this, accidentally put saves in my tray folder - it won't kill your game (it shouldn't) but it can make it weird.

5. You have no unzipped python files, you don't have pictures or html files or anything else in your mods folder? I have helped a person (numerous times) and they put the weirdest stuff in those folders - they do not belong there. Python files remain zipped.

On the computer side:
Have you updated your graphics drivers? Tweaked your 3-d options for optimum performance for this game?

It is working now for some odd reason, but thank you for your reply, I am sure others will find it helpful and if I ever do run into this type of issue again I will be sure to refer back to the info you gave me here!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 6:12 PM
As for the question as to why I don't have a Scripts Mod Folder I guess it is summed up to Script Mods are not really their own category and are a term used for any mod that makes adjustments to the game script, another reason is simply because I may be good at understanding how mods work, but I am unfamiliar with how to make mods so for me unless the mod comes from this site where you can choose the type of mod you want (i.e Script Mod, Core Mod, ect.) it is kinda hard for me to identify if something is a script mod unless I am told it is. So there for I don't have a script folder even though I probably should.