Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 1:39 PM
Default Google: Happy 105th Birthday, Momofuku Ando
For those wondering about the major innovative mind who made instant ramen what it is today, you can thank Momofuku Ando, who attempted to replicate a stunt of instant ramen noodles performed for him. After much sleeping on the subject, he figured it out and the rest was history.

He may have already shuffled off this mortal coil, but his legacy lives on every time someone has finished 3 minutes of steeping.

So, in honor of this influential titan in the culinary field, have some ramen.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 5:12 PM Last edited by Shoosh Malooka : 5th Mar 2015 at 5:43 PM.
I happen to have two packets of noodles. Will decide whether to cook them or crush one them in the bag and have a crunchy snack. Happy 105th, Momofuku Ando.

Edit:
btw, check out what google did for today. A different scene about noodles every time you load it.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 8:04 PM
This Is what is What Is on Google when I go on it.
Is your time behind or ahead the UK?
Screenshots

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
Theorist
#4 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 8:38 PM
The UK is ahead of the US. While it may already be 8:30pm over there, here is only 12:30pm. It's clear Google can multitask, but now Google has multiple personalities.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
The UK is ahead of the US. While it may already be 8:30pm over there, here is only 12:30pm. It's clear Google can multitask, but now Google has multiple personalities.

Thanks, I was wondering why the UK didn't have the same Google screen

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 1:22 AM
I saw that today and thought it was hysterical. I love Google's creativity. Could anyone here explain what Momofuko was doing with the microscope?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I saw that today and thought it was hysterical. I love Google's creativity. Could anyone here explain what Momofuko was doing with the microscope?

it's to refer to the tiny holes that make rehydration in 3 minutes possible.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 6:31 PM
Today's Google page, I was really hopping it was the noodle one when I first went on

Theorist
#9 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 7:29 PM
Maybe noodles are well available in UK, but not so insanely, ubiquitously popular as over here that people are eating so much of it that we are getting health problems by over-noodling ourselves into the fat farms. Wth with this "rehydration" and vent holes in noodles, I refuse to believe it. How?! Must cook noodles to see. Why hasn't pasta gotten in on this hole technology?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 7:47 PM
What a great legacy - junk food noodles.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
What a great legacy - junk food noodles.

I think it was more of for situations of the "In case of emergency, break glass" type.