Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 7:28 PM
Default Furnished, Unfurnished and Freedom of Choice.
There are 2 things I want to talk about in this thread and they both essentially have to do with content that can be uploaded here. That is lots that are furnished vs unfurnished and how they are loaded to the site, as well as duplicate lots that are very similar to each other.

Furnished and Unfurnished
There are only two ways that I know of for the sim im playing to purchase an unfurnished house. The option to buy furnished vs unfurnished appears ONCE for your family, and that is when the first house/lot buy happens. After the first house purchase, if your selling your old lot and moving to the new one, you wont get that option for it. So, if your like me and would like to take ur furniture to a new house, then the only other way for your sim to move to an unfurnished house after your first lot is if the second house is already completely unfurnished. I moved around a lot growing up so I like to do the same with my sims vs adding onto the same house over and over as my family grows.
So, with that in mind, why cant I upload a secondary house file with the unfurnished version of a house? I tried that before with my suburban oriental house and they had me remove the secondary unfurnished file claiming, falsely, that sims can always choose when they move into the house if its furnished vs unfurnished.... which again, they CANT. That choice is only available for your very first house. What if there are decorator simmers who hate building but love to decorate? Personally ive hated having to go in and carefully clear out a house i want to move my sims to from their original, or when i just want to redecorate a house a like.

Duplicates
What exactly is the criteria for calling a lot a duplicate of another to the extent they both cant exist on the site.? How much has to be changed if for example you want to use the same building but have the lot look different.
Im currently having an issue where 2 uploads i recently made have been sent back for being duplicates. Both lots admitidly use the same building I created, however the lots are designed for slightly different functions. One, The Backyard Mausoleum is designed to go on your home lot where you build your house around the existing structure. In this lot there exists only the buillding with no landscaping whatsoever (so that you can design the rest of your lot without anything in the way. The second lot The Family Graveyard, uses my same custom built mausoleum structure, however this lot is fully landscaped and is primarily designed to be a stand alone lot that your family can purchase as a secondary lot.

Sims3 comes with so much freedom of choice on how we build and decorate, it seems almost like thats taken away a little when you dont let simmers choose how they want their lot to come.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 8:10 PM
I am not a moderator, and it is not my decision, but I do have an opinion on this subject. I think that in cases like this, it doesn't make sense to have two very similar or the same lots as two different downloads. However, why can't both files be included in one download? Upload files for both the furnished and unfurnished versions. I am sure this has been done before. And not to add fuel to the fire, but one of my favorite creators has two downloads of the exact same house, you guessed it, one furnished, one not.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=580580 and http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=582844

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo