Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 9:22 PM
OK, thank you
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zamira
Ah, then no, I do not take it, I do not want to be rottottura, you're right I got informed on Wiki,https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_S...Into_the_Future

Instead, to live in the apartments, what expansion or scenery do I need? for curiosity

Indeed, Late Night, but I play an apartment at the moment using the roommate system of University Life. I prefer that, because with the LN system you can't look inside the apartments, they're black. With the roommate system you can lock doors and set bed ownership and everyone will live in their assigned living space.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 10:14 PM
interesting, I'll look
Scholar
#29 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 11:02 PM
The TS3 sales on Steam are very cheap. But you probably have to wait for the summer sale for that. Steam gives you a game serial to use in Origin. But you need to buy base game on Steam then too. Still its very cheap compared to EA store.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gingerxyz
Maybe they'll work on their own.

I'm a little late to this party but I wanted to add in that I had the ATS laundry things before I had Ambitions. The washer, dryer, and hamper all work perfectly fine but you won't get the "fresh clothing" moodlets (those come with Ambitions, University, or store items). Likewise the laundry lines, work but the clothing textures will be missing.

As a completely personal opinion, you aren't missing that much with not having elevators. They look appropriate for larger buildings but without mods they are very slow (taking the stairs down a few flights of stairs would be quicker).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
The TS3 sales on Steam are very cheap. But you probably have to wait for the summer sale for that. Steam gives you a game serial to use in Origin. But you need to buy base game on Steam then too. Still its very cheap compared to EA store.

I usually buy on another site, I do not know if you can say ...
but the point is that I do not want to buy expansions that I do not like or serve beyond cost, it seems useless ...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
I'm a little late to this party but I wanted to add in that I had the ATS laundry things before I had Ambitions. The washer, dryer, and hamper all work perfectly fine but you won't get the "fresh clothing" moodlets (those come with Ambitions, University, or store items). Likewise the laundry lines, work but the clothing textures will be missing.

As a completely personal opinion, you aren't missing that much with not having elevators. They look appropriate for larger buildings but without mods they are very slow (taking the stairs down a few flights of stairs would be quicker).

Interesting I thank you for your opinion, in this case I leave it, I do not take more expansions, I prefer the stairs at this point!
And in fact I tried the laundry sets in the shop, they also give that effect, so I'd say I'm fine, you've avoided useless expenses thanks to everyone.
Test Subject
#33 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala

I beg to differ. Having elevators in sim standard residential lots (not only LN highrises) allows for efficient use of smaller areas. Almost all my sims live on 20x20 or 20x30 lots with elevators and 5 to 8 floors. These lots I have designed also to accomodate a 15x5 garden. With large and wide lots using only stairs sims use too much time moving around. Also the use of stacked stairs is borked by the strange N/S orientation requirement. And yes, a mod for fast elevators (available on this site) is a must.
Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 5:01 PM

I uninstalled Origin and just went with Steam... there are fewer problems.
The only think I miss is "any game starter".
I can even use TS3W.exe to start the game without steam or the launcher.

Sims are better than us.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by luftspeiler
I beg to differ. Having elevators in sim standard residential lots (not only LN highrises) allows for efficient use of smaller areas. Almost all my sims live on 20x20 or 20x30 lots with elevators and 5 to 8 floors. These lots I have designed also to accomodate a 15x5 garden. With large and wide lots using only stairs sims use too much time moving around. Also the use of stacked stairs is borked by the strange N/S orientation requirement. And yes, a mod for fast elevators (available on this site) is a must.

I use small circular stairs in small batches, I prefer not to weigh down
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 9:55 PM

There's a Steam sale on Sims 3 going on right now, actually. Everything 75% off except Island Paradise and the " basegame plus" +Pets, +Showtime, +University Life bundles (all full price), and the Big Bundle (base game plus Generations, Pets, and Seasons) which is 85% off.
Page 2 of 2