Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2005 at 9:22 PM
3DS Max and walls and floors?
Does anyone use a 3D program to make walls and floors? I've about given up on making new objects, but I love playing around with 3DS Max. I was wondering if I could use it to make walls and floors that look better than the ones I make with Photoshop. Before I tried anything, I wanted to ask if anyone has done this or if it would be a waste of time. Thanks.
Advertisement
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#2 Old 16th May 2005 at 12:07 AM
I don't know what the advantage would be, really, unless you wanted to "texture bake" in some bump map effects that the game can't render itself. Probably not going to get much use out of max for floors or walls.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th May 2005 at 12:47 AM
Thanks
Ok. Thanks for saving me some time. :howdy:
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 16th May 2005 at 11:44 AM
Hmmm, I was kind of wondering the dimensions of the walls in the game. The reason is that I could test my walls in bryce first before actually making them in homecrafter. Shellyshell might have had the same idea I know I test a lot in bryce before actually recoloring the object for the game.