Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Super Moderator
staff: senior moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 5:15 AM
Default New Patches Released
Today Maxis has released two updated patches. One for OFB and one for FFS, which address key issues people have had problems with. Go get yours today

http://thesims2.ea.com/update/?pid=Help_patches

ps- Be sure to remove any hacks before updating then test them as you add them back in.
2 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 5:30 AM
how do i know if i should get the patches? like what does it fix?
Test Subject
#3 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 5:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frito
how do i know if i should get the patches? like what does it fix?

It will tell you on the TS2 website what issues it fixes. You should go there to check it out! :D

I'd rather take the butcher's word for it....
Test Subject
#4 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 5:49 AM
- Moveobject cheat can now be used to manipulate and place objects in out of bounds tiles.

Yes!! Definetely one of my favourite fixes!
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 10:23 AM
"Social Bunny can no longer be killed."

Bugger, I actually thought that was quite nice.
Instructor
#6 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 11:33 AM
are you sure these are new? I thought they had patched OFB and Family Fun before? There is nothing on the main site to say they are new patches....I am so confused!
I have already installed one Family Fun Patch would this cause my game harm if I end up reinstalling the same patch?

www.crystalgecko.co.uk

Never wake a sleeping Dragon...for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Test Subject
#7 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 11:58 AM
I am in the same situation as ZenFrog76 is, I have no clue whether or not these are new patches.

I have just purchased FFS and not yet installed it, but I know there was a patch already released before, and this apparently is a new patch, but no info available anywhere on whether or not this patch includes the fixes of the previous FFS patch...
Alchemist
#8 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 12:22 PM
If I remember well the previous patch was released just after FFS because too many people were screaming for some major bugs, actually most for FFS then for OFB, something about dresses.
I'm not sure of the problem because I installed FFS only when that "for-now" patch was released, thus I didn't experience the bug.
Maxis decided to correct immediately those problems while working on a more complete patch. This should be that one, the ultimate patch for FFS and OFB.
As for other patches, remember to backup your files before installing (if you don't use to back up regularly, that's a good chance). Kiss and ciao.
Alchemist
#9 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 12:25 PM
Yes, you can find the news in the TS2 News Archive, April 24, 2006 for FFS and March 21, 2006 for OFB.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 2:37 PM
Please make sure you back up your game files before applying any patch:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=141867
Scholar
#11 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 2:37 PM
Even after the last patch for OFB, there were still glitches left over that needed to be fixed, so I'm really pleased the next new patch is here.
Thanks for the info

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 2:41 PM
I buy both OFB and FSS within the last week, and now patches come out.. I feel stalked
Hack Mastah
#13 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 3:09 PM Last edited by Squinge : 17th Jun 2006 at 3:15 AM.
If you have a problem installing the New FFS or EP3 Patch
If you own FFS & have installed the first patch & get a error when installing the new patch you can fix this by replacing objects.package from your FFS cd then install the patch I had to do this in order to get the patch to install, this file is located in "compressed.zip" under the folder "TSData\Res\Objects\"

When you try to install the EP3 patch if you get a error about the file "Ea games\The Sims 2 Open For Business\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins\globalcatbin.bund le.package" just copy that file from the EP3 cd & the patch will install for you,this file is located in the file "compressed.zip" under the folder "TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins\"

**Note: both folder names above are inside the file "compressed.zip" on your cd, the file "compressed.zip" is located in the root directory on your cd(i.e. D:\ )**
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 4:24 PM
I made the mistake of not taking my downloads folder out which contains Hacks and I now have to re-install OFB which I'm not sure how to save what I want.
So now I wish I hadn't downloaded the patch. Still you live and learn!
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#15 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 4:57 PM
They did fix some of things that I've seen a help questions recently (just a few of the fixes):

* One of the two Adult Sims will now be able to go to work if a Toddler is left at home without a babysitter.
* “Offer Makeover To…” interaction now leads customers to browse the Salon Chair.
* Successful makeover for controllable customers now fixes previous failed makeovers.
* and most importantly, Moveobject cheat can now be used to manipulate and place objects in out of bounds tiles.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Scholar
#16 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mvanlaar2
I made the mistake of not taking my downloads folder out which contains Hacks and I now have to re-install OFB which I'm not sure how to save what I want.
So now I wish I hadn't downloaded the patch. Still you live and learn!

This might help
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=86959

But, I'm also not able to get the new patch to install, and I have my downloads folder removed from the EA folder. I've also backed-up everything.
I keep getting the message that there is an error (it doesn't give any details of what the error is) and that I may have to uninstall and then reinstall OFB. Tried d/loading the patch again, but still get the same thing.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Field Researcher
#17 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Squinge
If you own FFS & have installed the first patch & get a error when installing the new patch you can fix this by replacing objects.package from your FFS cd then install the patch I had to do this in order to get the patch to install, this file is located in "compressed.zip" under the folder "TSData\Res\Objects\"

When you try to install the EP3 patch if you get a error about the file "Ea games\The Sims 2 Open For Business\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins\globalcatbin.bund le.package" just copy that file from the EP3 cd & the patch will install for you,this file is located in the file "compressed.zip" under the folder "TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins\"

I'm a tad confused about this? if you have FFS, why woudl you use the EP3 patch? you'd dl and install the FFS patch (which includes all the OFB updates). Or am i misunderstanding something here?
Scholar
#18 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 5:18 PM
Just realised that I am getting the OFB one that squinge mentioned. The install process has stopped at that file, I just didn't see it as the warning message popped up on top.
Thanks Squinge

Simaddict - the info is useful for those of us without FFS installed

My Sims 2 videos
Field Researcher
#19 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moonlight_muse
Just realised that I am getting the OFB one that squinge mentioned. The install process has stopped at that file, I just didn't see it as the warning message popped up on top.
Thanks Squinge

Simaddict - the info is useful for those of us without FFS installed

oh, so the OFb patch is just bugged and gives that error to everyone? (I have FFS so didn't dl that one)
Scholar
#20 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 5:38 PM
[Quote]

Well, I'm still no further forward, I explore the OFB cd and the TSdata folder, but all I find there is another folder named Control, which doesn't have the one mentioned above help!

My Sims 2 videos
Hack Mastah
#21 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moonlight_muse
Well, I'm still no further forward, I explore the OFB cd and the TSdata folder, but all I find there is another folder named Control, which doesn't have the one mentioned above help!
The folder is located inside the file "compressed.zip" on your cd
Hack Mastah
#22 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simaddict99
Or am i misunderstanding something here?
I didn't install the EP3 patch someone else did & I helped them fix that problem so I posted the Info for anyone else that may have that problem
Scholar
#23 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Squinge
The folder is located inside the file "compressed.zip" on your cd

Rofl, I still can't find the file, I think I'm going to give up with the patch install unless I unistall ofb and then reinstall.

I've included a screenshot of where I'm looking, am I in the wrong folder? I've looked in the others as well...no luck

Thanks

My Sims 2 videos
Field Researcher
#24 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 6:28 PM
Soooooo ... is the patch going to install or what? I mean, I have OFB, right? Then a patch came out for OFB, and I installed it. And then I get FFS. So I installed it. When the 1st FFS patch came out, I installed it. And now patches for OFB and FFS have come out, and it looks like there are some fixes in OFB that aren't in the FFS one. So ... which one do I get???

To Sim is the GREATEST adventure...
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#25 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 6:35 PM
moonlight_muse, the compressed.zip file isn't in any of the folders on the EP3 disk. Browse back to the cd-drive:\Sims2EP3_1 path.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Page 1 of 5