Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 9:23 PM Last edited by taoyingying : 15th Apr 2006 at 9:30 PM.
Default A problem when cloning object
I'm asking this on behalf of my friend. She tried to clone an lounger but weird thing happened. There is no item listed in the Scenegraph Rename Wizard after she finished cloning, which lead to fewer items in the Resources list. The GMDC is not there so she cannot go on. I can't tell what caused that. She is using SimPE 0.56. The Advanced modes is turned on.

The base object she cloned is good. I've tried to clone that object before with no problem.
Here is a set of screenshots showing her cloning process. Hope someone can help her. Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 9:28 PM
you have tried to clone a SLAVE object some objects in the game share textures and even meshes from other objects. you need to find it's base object it will be 1 of the other loungers.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ToRnado
you have tried to clone a SLAVE object some objects in the game share textures and even meshes from other objects. you need to find it's base object it will be 1 of the other loungers.

Thank you for helping, but I don't think that's the cause of the problem. That lounger is stand-alone. It has its own texture and meshes. I've tried to clone that object before with no problem. Here are some screenshots of cloning that lounger on my machine:

Test Subject
#4 Old 16th Apr 2006 at 10:38 AM
Is this the only thing she's ever cloned? There are settings for the Scenegraph under preferences. What are her settings?

Here's my site: Spirited Sims
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Apr 2006 at 4:10 PM
She just installed SimPE, so everything should be default. Only thing she changed in preferences is set the advanced mode on.

I will ask her to clone another object and see what happened. Thanks!
Test Subject
#6 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 11:32 AM
Yingying~thanks a lot for helping me~~~thanks everyone else ~~~I had tried to clone other things,but failed for the same reason...but both I cloned are "seating",I'll
choose another serie to try again.

Thanks for all your help again~~~~~
Test Subject
#7 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 12:10 PM
Do you have CEP installed?

Part-time Hermit
#8 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 12:36 PM
The CEP should not affect the GMDC being pulled. It only adds extra MMATs and some lines into Geometric Node with objects that need that to allow recolorability.
Scholar
#9 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 3:20 PM Last edited by ToRnado : 17th Apr 2006 at 3:43 PM.
well it isn't a clone i just tried cloning it and it came out fine for me.
Instructor
#10 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 10:24 PM
Maybe it has something to do with the windows localization language.

Eclectic Sims The place for your younger sims and unique animated items!
Charmed Sims Archives Gorgeous Clothing, Furnishings and more.
Two great sites ALL FREE NOW!!!
Test Subject
#11 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 5:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IgnorantBliss
The CEP should not affect the GMDC being pulled. It only adds extra MMATs and some lines into Geometric Node with objects that need that to allow recolorability.

I always get the Geometric Node and the GMDC mixed up....

:sorry: