Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 9:23 PM
Default Old VW Bug
For my own personal use (not for uploading) I want to take the mesh from the VW bug (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=400454) and change the stats, including price, to the stats of the sloppy jalopy or big lemon. I feel like this should be relatively simple, but I've never done any sims modding. Can anyone help guide me through this?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 10:12 PM
I opened it via Postal and was able to change the price but am confused about which lines change the cars stats (speed, buffs, etc)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 10:30 PM
Okay I lied, I tried to change it but can't figure out how to save the changes
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 10:46 PM
Okay, forget that, I figured out how to use SimPE to edit price. Still not sure how to edit other factors. What are niceness and crap scores? It currently has a niceness of 1 and a crap of 0. Should I change this?
Site Helper
#5 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 10:47 PM
I haven't used Postal, but if you can't find an option that probably should be there, you can always try right-clicking.

Edit:

Try cloning the sloppy jalopy in s3oc. Then check the data it has. If you want to make your car equal to it, you can get an idea of what to change by simply matching its stats.

And don't forget to Commit before saving.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 10:48 PM
Do I need to change the name GUID so it doesn't overwrite the package that I'm copying it from?
Site Helper
#7 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 10:51 PM
That would probably be best, yes.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 11:33 PM
Well, I edited the things and committed and saved but it did not show up in game. Luckily my game did not explode either. But I'm pretty clueless as to what I actually did wrong.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 1:25 AM
Ended up just modifying and overwriting the other modders package. Could not get the new package to show up in game. If anyone can help with that I'd appreciate, but for now it's fine.