Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#276 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SirRico910
Faylen,
Thank you so very much for your tutorial. I'm just starting to learn how to create custom content, so I appreciate you "breaking it down shotgun style" and explaining in detail what all I had to do, step by step. This helped me to not get lost along the way, and very quickly I found myself making a good assortment of T-Shirts.
Every T-shirt I made I started off making for adult females. If I'd like to offer it to men and women of all ages, do I have to create one for each, or is there another way to go about getting that result before I upload? I've looked through your next tutorial, and don't see anything on the subject

Yep, You need to make a new T-Shirt for each. If you want to make them the exact same, I suggest copy & pasting the texture files from one to another, So they all look exactly the same.

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#277 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 4:15 AM
Why aren't the example photos in this thread showing up? Can it be fixed?

I know this has nothing to do with the actual tutorial, well, not directly, but I prefer photos when doing tutorials
Test Subject
#278 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 6:41 PM
Hey thanks!! I got Photoshop for the holidays and I'm going to try this right away!!

watch my vids!
http://www.youtube.com/user/KiyoKenshin
P.S. thanks 4 the awesome content!
Forum Resident
#279 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EvoPrincess
Why aren't the example photos in this thread showing up? Can it be fixed?

I know this has nothing to do with the actual tutorial, well, not directly, but I prefer photos when doing tutorials

If you scroll to the end of the tutorial, All of the images are attached. The images are attached in order of what you do. So Step 1 = Image 1 etc.

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Test Subject
#280 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 1:39 PM
how do you seperate t shirts so you can make an outfit so the t shirt's grey and the trousers are blue?
Test Subject
#281 Old 31st Dec 2008 at 9:39 AM
Thanks! I used Paint.NET and it worked very well.

Brilliant tutorial!
Forum Resident
#282 Old 31st Dec 2008 at 1:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by neepster2468
how do you seperate t shirts so you can make an outfit so the t shirt's grey and the trousers are blue?

Do all the export clothing etc. and then open the image. Add a new layer. Using either the Free Select Tool or the Square Tool, Select the area you want to be grey. Then fill the area with grey and then do as normal.
Do the same for the blue.

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Test Subject
#283 Old 13th Jan 2009 at 1:09 PM
WoW Never thought the recoloring part would be this easy! How lovely!
Test Subject
#284 Old 13th Jan 2009 at 11:23 PM
Question
Sorry
But Where Do You Find PhotoShop?

Rikkay:]
Test Subject
#285 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 2:17 AM
can someone help me?
i have photoshop 11 i believe and its a little different.
my colorize setup is different than hers.
im not sure how to explain.
Lab Assistant
#286 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 2:29 AM
Thank you so much for such an easily understandable tutorial! I've gone and re-colored tons of stuff allready, and this works GREAT!
Test Subject
#287 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 4:29 AM
Thank you for making this tutorial!
Test Subject
#288 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 8:14 PM
thank you very much... finally i can recolor all the clothes without downloading anything :]
Test Subject
#289 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 9:55 PM
Thank you for taking the time to put this easy to read tutorial together. It has really helped me to learn how to do clothes so much better! Full credit will be given to you in my future clothing uploads! :D
Test Subject
#290 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cadd_Gogg
Hi, I've followed all the rules and now i go to save in photoshop and it my other files don't come up and down at the bottom it will only let me see psd* files and won't let me change please help!

I am new to this and have just finished reading this myself however i have been using photoshop for years. I too have this problem but it's simple, all you have to do is File>Export oringal...
This has the same effect as >saveas And you can save it as a bmp.

Hope i helped
Lab Assistant
#291 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 3:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rikkay:]
Sorry
But Where Do You Find PhotoShop?

Photoshop is a graphics program you go to the store and buy.
A good alternative is Paint.net, which is free for the asking. Just Google it to find, then download and install. Works basically like Photoshop.

Thanks for the great tut.
Test Subject
#292 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 5:00 AM
hey thanks for my tut.. works great... like a charm.. is there an advanced recoloring or something close to it.. like how to seperate a skirt and/or shirt to recolor them differently?

Liked it very much thanks for putting your time on the tut..
Scholar
#293 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 5:37 PM
Great tut, I read through it, but like most people, I need to look at pictures to help, but they won't show up! Everytime I want to see this tut., they never show up
Test Subject
#294 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 1:27 PM
wow, now i know how to recolor! thanks so much!!!
Test Subject
#295 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 3:43 PM
Thank you so much for your tutorial!

I'm psyched to start recolouring things on my own now~

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe," Albert Einstein
Test Subject
#296 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 7:21 AM
Thank you!!! I really appreciate the time you've taken doing this tutorial without people like you there would be no hope for people like me. Makes it alot easier than getting tidbits of information from all over the place. Many thanks
Test Subject
#297 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 12:45 AM
Hi, I've just got photoshop with my new computer which is brilliant. Had no idea how to use it to create/edit clothes for my little simmies til I found your awesome tutorial. Big cheer of thanks to you Faylen! My sims can now look forward to new and exciting creations thanks to your generouisty of sharing info.
Test Subject
#298 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 10:00 AM
thanks a lot =] helped out a lot. still got some questions but ill just figure it out somehow ^^
Test Subject
#299 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 5:03 PM
hey, thanks so mcuh for this tutorial as i can now make clothes! (i could before, but then it wouldnt let me). hopefully i should be uploading my designs soon!

'You my as well go over the top, while you've got the chance'
'Good things come to those who wait'
Test Subject
#300 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 10:49 PM
AMAZING !! Im realy happy I regestered in this site !!! !!!! (im new here .. Adoring sims !!!)
Page 12 of 15