Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 6:49 AM
Default How to greet a Sim you've already met?
It's a tad on the unconventional side but I need a bunch of my Sims to forget each other, so I can use the greeting interactions again. How do I do this?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 8:01 AM
Use NRaas MasterController to set the Long Term Relationship by Value to something less than +40 (less than Friends), or to 0 if you want them to be total strangers. The command is under MC > Sim > Intermediate.

Or, if you have NRaas RelationshipPanel, ctrl-click to zap the sim off the active one's panel. I believe that should make them 'unknow" each other again.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 11:34 AM
Must be doing something wrong, then, since the Greet interactions aren't showing up. Maybe it's because they're both in the same household?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 11:42 AM
Oh. Yes, I think that would be the problem. I feel like I lived through this myself a very long time ago.

"Hi, there. I've heard much about you and it's nice that we can finally meet in person." (extends hand)
"Look, I know we had a disagreement and I haven't been around much lately but this really isn't necessary, Dad."

Can you use MC's Add Sim to temporarily move one of them out to some random residential lot, even an empty 10x10 if you have any to spare, then add them back to the household later?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 3:17 PM
No, it's not an option since I'll need to have full control over both Sims before and after the hand shaking interaction. But if there's another way to have two Sims shake hanks, that's probably all the more convenient.
I could use a double of either Sim and have them genuinely meet for the first time. It'd be a little bit extra, but effective. I assume MC will let me clone a Sim on the spot, as well as kill them off when I'm done?

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 3:45 PM
If you use NRaas Selector and its right-click function to switch active households, or PortraitPanel to place both sims on the panel and use its fast-switching function, you could control both sims at almost the same time. Not good enough for the purposes of this scene?

I don't know how to clone a sim by way of MC. I guess you could bring them into CAS, save them as a SavedSim, then impose that template on a newly created one. But to get rid of a sim entirely the command you would want is probably Totally Annihilate. The Force Kill command doesn't delete the sim, it makes them dead.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 6:06 PM
Selector? Hadn't heard of that one. Sounds good, though I think I'll do this scene without reloading my game. It's kind of a mess to set things up after reloads. I remember having some sort of serious trouble with PortraitPanel so I don't think I'll use that. If need be I can just use the SelectSim cheat.

insert signature here
Field Researcher
#8 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 6:10 PM
Dunno how valid this response is, but with Showtime the genies can make a sim, that's not part of the household, fall under your control temporarily. Depending the situation you're going for, you can add a genie to the household, move one of the sims out, make them strangers, have the sim in your household greet the other, and then use those genie powers on the non-active sim.

Edit: did not see the response above when I wrote this ahah..
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 6:31 PM
Yeah that sounds like a lot of effort for something so minor.....and I don't like the idea of having a genie in my game, at that.

insert signature here
Scholar
#10 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 9:47 PM
You can simply add the "Ensorcelled" moodlet to a sim with MC instead of needing to have a genie cast it. It can be useful for some purposes, though I find adding them to be household quicker. The only thing is not to use it on a sim who lives alone because apparently they can disappear afterwards.

I feel you because sometimes I have a need for the handshake for screenshotting purposes, but I usually end up using poses instead.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 11:18 AM
Okay, it's worse now: I need two Sims to greet each other Chinese-style. As in, do a little bow instead of shake hands. Do I need to give either Sim the Chinese Culture trait or whatever it's called? Does it matter that this guy's actually Japanese?

EDIT: Arsil has a mod for this one. Neat.

insert signature here